barrows safe spot

bantam222

What is so good about using safe spots? Usually in crypts i will use only 1-2 doses of prayer and im sure some of the higher lvls could do it with one.

why do you go out of the way to use a safe spot, saving 2k worth of prayer potion? Now if you are trying to do a few trips before banking and need to save it, i can understand that, but it seems like there are people who will spend an extra 5min just to run to the NE corner and open the door for the bro to pop up.

for people who can make more then 200k per hour, it is a waist of time!!! you should just use the prayer pot, and get started on your next run

RSN: Bantam222 [105 combat] [1578 total level]

1gp.jpg

Support my quest for 1600 Skill Total!

What is so good about using safe spots? Usually in crypts i will use only 1-2 doses of prayer and im sure some of the higher lvls could do it with one.

why do you go out of the way to use a safe spot, saving 2k worth of prayer potion? Now if you are trying to do a few trips before banking and need to save it, i can understand that, but it seems like there are people who will spend an extra 5min just to run to the NE corner and open the door for the bro to pop up.

for people who can make more then 200k per hour, it is a waist of time!!! you should just use the prayer pot, and get started on your next run

Why do you care? :roll:

you could say that about half the posts here, even yours, why do you care what i care about :lol:

RSN: Bantam222 [105 combat] [1578 total level]

1gp.jpg

Support my quest for 1600 Skill Total!

My thoughts exactly when i was reading this. Ok so someone else is wasting 5 minutes of their time, to save a lil money. Let's say someone does 800 trips, and saves this "2k" every time(ussually more, prayer drains fast in barrows, and when your running around to ur ussually using bout 2-3 doses) so they do 800 trips, they save 2k every time, they just saved 1.6M...but more likely its like 1.6-4.8m...so this may answer your question, why ppl do that.

w4M8t.png

I'd agree with n64jive. 2k doesnt make much difference in the short term but in the long term it's a huge difference. Also the safespots arent only in the NE room... They are in all the side paths and corner rooms except in the NW room and the 2 sideroom doors connecting to it.... just thought I'd let you know...

Really alot of the time I can get away without using the safe spots, and I never carry pray pots with me neway. It may be stupid, but I just kill verac normally, and I only use safe spot if he hits too much, or I get dharock in tunnel. Most of the time though, I get the brother in the safe spot ebcause it is faster to find the doors using the side tunnels.

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

I use the safe spots in the tunnels whenever I can and it serves 2 purposes for me:

1. If i get a melee bro in the tunnel and can safe spot it, then the prayer pots that I save mean I can sometimes get a fourth run out of a single inventory.

2. I can mage/range the skeletons, rats etc to increase my KC without using up food and giving me more chance of that fourth run.

Works for me.

I do get your point about the time and whatnot, and it is very valid.

I use the Safespots IF my route to the chest goes past of the side tunnels or the rooms with rubble.

Like someone said before, you get your forth trip, and save a lot of cash.

ALSO - People dont often just use 1 dose to kill brothers in there. If i come across Karil, Dharok Verac in there, I have 67 prayer and 101 combat, I would never risk only one dose. Karil hits easy 20's and Dharok......is Dharok

- My skills are now really, really lame ! Time to fix that! -

I do get your point about the time and whatnot, and it is very valid.

I use the Safespots IF my route to the chest goes past of the side tunnels or the rooms with rubble.

Like someone said before, you get your forth trip, and save a lot of cash.

EXACTLY^^^^

I am 102 combat and 63 prayer (sig lol) and I only ALWAYS use 2 doses on Dharok. If I am getting owned I will also use 1 more on verac/ahrim/kharil but that is only about 25% of the time. :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!