Is anything wrong with my video titled "Top 5 Worst Skills of RuneScape"?

I have asked others if something is wrong with that video, but they are generally fans of mine and aren't exactly experts on the game RuneScape.

I want feedback from someone who's obviously an expert. So yeah, did I say anything wrong in that video? I need to know if I said something stupid or wrong in that video, thank you.

Here is the video:

[hide]

Warning: I use the F word a lot.

[hide]

[/hide][/hide]

If you don't wanna watch the video and wanna read instead since this is a message board, don't worry here is a transcript of it: (with the swearing cut out, and slight alteration in wording since without swearing the original wording wouldn't make sense.)

[hide]Hey guys, what's up? This is Blaze The Movie Fan and I love RuneScape. In fact I play that awesome game every day. But there are many skills I can't stand and won't train ever again. In fact I hate these skills so much that when I'm offered a shooting star or a lamp that gives me exp in these skills I covert them to money immediately. Because there is no point in getting EXP in skills I would never use. There is something you need to keep in mind before I start this list. The list is not based on how useful the skills are. This list is based on what skills I hate training the most and why I'm not gonna train any of them ever again. With that all being said let's get started.

Number five, firemaking. Yes the skill many people would agree is the most useless skill in the game is only number five on the list. But like I said this list is not based on how useful the skills are. It's based on how much I hate the skills. And yeah I do hate firemaking, not as much as the skills higher up on the list but I still hate it a lot. My main issue is the fact that there isn't much for you to do. It is worth getting 49 firemaking so I can light a bullseye lantern. Which is one of my favorite items in the game. I mean after all I can lit dark areas which is very useful. But beyond that there is nothing for me. I will admit that I sometimes burn logs when I'm in an area where there is no range. But that's the only thing I use the firemaking skill for. So yeah I do to an extent still use the skill. But the skills later on on the list are skills I never use.

Number four, agility. Running around in circles trillions of times is not my idea of fun. Because RuneScape is supposed to be an adventure game after all. And I get nothing for running around in circles all day long asides from agility experience. Speaking of which it's not worth running around in all those circles in the end. What do I get at high agility level? The ability to use some shortcuts. But those [bleep]ing shortcuts aren't worth it for the most part. Because 95% of the time it only takes me five minutes at most to go the long way. But I'd rather spend a little bit more time going the long way than going in cirlces all day long. Now running is fun in real life. I will admit that I do run quite a lot in real life. The reason it's fun in real life is because I get a lot of energy and it's freshing. And it's also good for my health. But in RuneScape on the other hand it's not worth it in the slightest.

Number three, construction. I hate this skill. This skill is nothing more than a money drainer that's it. Some of you might make the argument that ores for smithing, logs for fletching, herbs and ingredients for herblore, dragonhides for crafting and so on also cost money. But here is the thing with the rest of the skills in the game paying for those things is entirely optional. You can cut the tree yourself, mine the ores yourself, kill the dragons yourself, and collect the herbs from monsters yourself. But with construction you have no choice but to waste money. You are never given the option to do something for free. Even making those planks costs money. And sadly it also costs money on the portable sawmill. And what am I wasting money for? To have a fancy house. I don't care about having a fancy house in a game like RuneScape. There is no reason for me to have something like that. I understand that some people like it since runescape is after all an rpg. But the fact is my real life house is much better than my house in RuneScape. For one thing I don't have to build everything I own. In fact I didn't build a thing out of my stuff. If I want a table I can just buy it for a much cheaper price than it would cost me to build a table on my own. The skill is a money-draining waste of time.

Number two, dungeoneering. Can you think of any skill besides this one that can only be trained at one spot in the entire game? Well, alright, construction is also a skill like that. But is there any good reason for it? No. In fact I think dungeoneering should be a mini-game not a skill. In fact it would work so much better as a mini-game. It would still be a bad mini-game but it would work better that way. Why do I hate this skill? Well it's simple, because it's just so dull. Demonhaven basically has the dull version of everything in the regular game. You have those dull monsters to fight those dull ores to use smithing with. Those dull types of fish. There just isn't anything in Demonhaven that's worth it to me. Now I'm aware that the skill can be rewarding. But I don't like it. If demonhaven doesn't interest me I have no reason to go there. Oh and don't get me started on the resource dungeons. Just like with 95% of the agility shortcuts, the resource dungeons are pointless. Most of the times it's just added amount of monsters that already are in the area. You know there is a good solution to the problem of and area being too overcrowded. It's called switching a world. And it works 99.99999999 infinite 9% of the time. So there is no reason for those resource dungeons to even exist. There are some times when switching worlds does not work for me but it is extremely rare. Most of the times switching worlds works just fine. And the area isn't crowded anymore in a less popular world.

Number one, farming. I hate this skill. With most of the skills on this list I did like them at first but hated them more and more with time. But this is a skill I hated since it was introduced in the game. My main problem with this skill is the fact that it's so boring. I mean when you plant something it usually takes almost a day for a few seeds to grow. That is a problem because RuneScape is not supposed to be a real life simulator. I know plants grow much slower in real life but still there is no reason for this. When I grow something it should be immediate. I mean think about it when you use a bar on an anvil you will make a platebody right away. When you use knife with a log you will make a bow right away. If you use dragonhide with a needle you will make dragonhide armor right away. When you use a herb and ingrediums with a vial of water you will make a potion right away. See what I mean? You know what all those things have in common? They all take much longer to make in real life. In fact I think it would take at least a day to make a platebody. I can make thousand platebodies in less than an hour in RuneScape. So there is no excuse to having to wait almost a day to see my plants grow. It should happen the moment I plant them. Not later. What I'm saying now is what was the case when the farming skill was new. I'm not sure if this is still the case. But I highly doubt they have fixed that. And if they haven't they defiantly should. If I can make items in a matter of seconds in other skills there is no reason I shouldn't be able to do the same with the farming skill.

This has been a list of the top 5 skills in RuneScape I hate the most. If you disagree with anything that I said that's fine. But let me tell you the rest of the skills in this game are awesome. And I would gladly train them over any of the skills on this list. Well guys that's all I gotta say thank you for watching and have a great day.[/hide]

I'm not asking anyone to share it or anything like that, I'm just asking if I said something wrong.

Not that I am going to watch it since I am not interested, but you might want to post a link to your video...

Not that I'm going to watch it either, but he has a very good point.

Also this sort of thread comes off very 'fishing for views' plus it'd be hard to judge any sort of top X as being 'wrong' or 'right' since they are the subjective opinion of the person(s) making the list.

Your top 5 worst skills may be totally 'wrong' to me as they could include some of my favourites, but it doesn't make your list actually wrong.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also this sort of thread comes off very 'fishing for views'

That's not the case at all. I'm not asking for views, I'm asking for constructive criticism.

Not that I am going to watch it since I am not interested, but you might want to post a link to your video...

Just search for "Top 5 Worst Skills of RuneScape", and you'll find my video very easily.

Your top 5 worst skills may be totally 'wrong' to me as they could include some of my favourites, but it doesn't make your list actually wrong.

True, but my reasons for hating the skills CAN be factually wrong or stupid.

• Like 1

You ask something as a favour from someone else, and then also expect that person to put in more effort for something you should come forward with yourself (in this case posting the video itself)? That is such a great way to get feedback, no wonder everyone does it that way [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, you are more likely to receive feedback if you were to post the video yourself as it will bring conveniency to the people you are hoping to receive feedback from. Currently they have to open a tab, enter the url for YouTube, typing the search parameters and then they need to find the correct video, which could be difficult as it depends on a numerous factors such as views, subscribers and watch history. It might be easy for you to find the video yourself, simply because you made it and you know what to look for.

On top of that while though it can factually be wrong, the worst skills are still according to your own opinions and you experience it that way. For example, you might think that using Legacy is bad because you find the hit splashes a bit too low, while factually it is the same amount with a different formula behind it. In this case you are still correct.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

In all seriousness, you are more likely to receive feedback if you were to post the video yourself as it will bring conveniency to the people you are hoping to receive feedback from. Currently they have to open a tab, enter the url for YouTube, typing the search parameters and then they need to find the correct video, which could be difficult as it depends on a numerous factors such as views, subscribers and watch history. It might be easy for you to find the video yourself, simply because you made it and you know what to look for.

Yeah, you're right. But honestly, I don't know how else to ask for feedback. I tried asking my friends, and they don't even play the game as much as I do.

I just know if I include a link to the video here I am gonna get banned or get warnings at least since not only does it go against the rules of advertising, I also use the F word many times in the video.

If you wanna close the thread go ahead, there is nothing else I can do, I only made this thread as a last resort, and since the last resort doesn't work, I will never know if I said anything wrong in that video.

if it helps, my video is the one with the camp fire thumbnail.

I think that the best course of action for you is placing the video in the RuneScape Media subforum that we have here: http://forum.tip.it/forum/242-runescape-media/.

You place the video in a spoiler tag with a warning in the title of the spoiler tag: [spoiler=Warning Profanity is present] "video url here"

or something in that manner (it needs a little bit more extensive), and it would probably be fine. That very same subforum can also be used to ask for criticism or feedback as per subforum rules and regulations.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

I think that the best course of action for you is placing the video in the RuneScape Media subforum that we have here: http://forum.tip.it/forum/242-runescape-media/.

You place the video in a spoiler tag with a warning in the title of the spoiler tag: [spoiler=Warning Profanity is present] "video url here"

or something in that manner (it needs a little bit more extensive), and it would probably be fine. That very same subforum can also be used to ask for criticism or feedback as per subforum rules and regulations.

But that's the thing, I did just that. Back when the video was new. And nobody commented.

I guess I have no choice now but to re-watch the video and type everything I said in it without the F bombs and other swear words.

Man, it's gonna be painful, but that's the only option left. In fact I sadly have to do it in a few minutes.

I see, perhaps it is best to create a new thread for every new video. Usually people then see there is a new thread and thus a new video. Nothing more could be done then.

Account Help

You could go post it other places in addition to here to find more viewers, like on Zybez. But just as a warning, they are likely to be rather harsh :/.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Glancing at your thread in media forum I can see several issues that would be limiting the number of views you get.

1) Half your videos don't have a proper thumbnail, just a random shot from the video

2) Half the videos look low quality and blurry

3) The thumbnails you do have are pretty poor - plain white bg, boring fonts, orange font that blends into bg

4) Most are FAR too long - average youtubers do videos of around 10 minute max, most top-x lists (unless from an already established channel that is known for giving loads of details or a topic that needs a lot of explaining) usually rock around 5 minutes. I see a top 15 thats rocking 20 mins, even allowing some intro outro time thats over 1 minute per entry on the list. You need to make it quick and snappy.

Essentially the 'click-bait' side of a video people judge before committing to watching it isn't very tantalising. People need an eyecatching well made thumbnail that shows good video quality to grab their attention, then they need to see a video length they are happy to spend watching to be tempted to actually click the play button.

Of course another huge floor is expecting to get massive view figures for very basic runescape videos that you are posting to a runescape forum - oh great a video of some kid killing the kbd? How exciting! Oh no wait I can go and do that myself right this very second and get more entertainment value from it since I play the game myself.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Alright I didn't ask for criticism on my RS videos in general, but I appreciate it, here is my response:

1) Half your videos don't have a proper thumbnail, just a random shot from the video

You mean the videos I made before I got the ability to make thumbnails? Well, I can't help if that the thumbnail don't look interesting as I didn't even have the ability to make thumbnails back then.

2) Half the videos look low quality and blurry

Strange, not many people have that problem. But this isn't something that can be easily fixed though as cameras are expensive.

3) The thumbnails you do have are pretty poor - plain white bg, boring fonts, orange font that blends into bg

But they're always relevant to what I'm talking about though, that should count. But alright, I see what you mean, the text does kinda blend into the background. But I thought nobody would care since most can just read the title above the video anyway. I will take it into consideration though.

4) Most are FAR too long - average youtubers do videos of around 10 minute max, most top-x lists (unless from an already established channel that is known for giving loads of details or a topic that needs a lot of explaining) usually rock around 5 minutes. I see a top 15 thats rocking 20 mins, even allowing some intro outro time thats over 1 minute per entry on the list. You need to make it quick and snappy.

But here is the thing I like to elaborate. It can damage some of my videos, sure. But most of the times I just have a lot to say. I can justify having the list video of favorite monsters this long, because to me what makes a good monster is the drops. And I really wanted to talk about the drops as well. But my quest reviews have been getting positive reception for the most part, and they're all around 7 minutes long. Hope that's reasonable. So not all my RS videos are too long.

Essentially the 'click-bait' side of a video people judge before committing to watching it isn't very tantalising. People need an eyecatching well made thumbnail that shows good video quality to grab their attention, then they need to see a video length they are happy to spend watching to be tempted to actually click the play button.

Wait a minute, most thumbnails of RuneScape videos is just text and an image. How are mine different exactly?

Of course another huge floor is expecting to get massive view figures for very basic runescape videos that you are posting to a runescape forum - oh great a video of some kid killing the kbd? How exciting! Oh no wait I can go and do that myself right this very second and get more entertainment value from it since I play the game myself.

Alright, maybe that video wasn't that great. I was just so excited to kill the KBD since I have wanted to do it for years. But you're right.

I was thinking about making videos of me smithing or fighting steel dragons, but figured these would be very boring to watch.

Alright, the transcript is done, so you can now reply to this thread like you would any other thread. I know the transcript is very long, sure most of you won't mind since I have seen much longer series of text and these get replies quickly.

Meh, what the heck, as long as I'm not including a link to my videos solely to get views, I think it's fine to link it. As long as I have a warning of swearing, which I will.

[hide]

Warning: I use the F word a lot.

[hide]

[/hide][/hide]

And don't worry I'm only asking for criticism on this video alone, I have no reason to ask for feedback on any of my quest reviews as they are well received. Especially my latest one which even got me more subscribers.

This guy can't be real :lol:

This really explains the context behind the guy who posts irrelevant shit all day.

I don't really see how most of what I said in the video is irrelevant.

In fact I think my hatred for agility is now more relevant than ever since a lot of the shortcuts have been made obsolete, especially in the slayer tower.

I'm really sorry if I've ever made fun of you blaze I had no idea.

I don't mind it at all, you can make fun of me all you want. I'm just wondering how the things I said in the video are irrelevant.

You should really consider showing your online content to someone you know offline and trust and ask them for advice.

But I can't think of any who plays RuneScape on a frequent basis.

EDIT: Alright, this is going nowhere fast, alright. I am gonna include the video itself in the main post, I'm sure it's gonna be fine if I have good intentions which I do. I'm sure my chances of getting some criticism are higher now.

And yes I do appreciate that you all told me that opinions are subjective, they are. I'm not asking if I'm right or wrong for my opinion, I'm just asking if my reasons for them are stupid or not.

It's a video blog. What sort of criticism are you looking for? Video blogs don't really have any standards to match and you claim at the beginning that this is just an opinion piece so I can't exactly critique that.

hzvjpwS.gif

It's a video blog. What sort of criticism are you looking for? Video blogs don't really have any standards to match and you claim at the beginning that this is just an opinion piece so I can't exactly critique that.

I wanna know if anything I said when talking about these skills is incorrect or if any of my reasons are stupid.

If there really is nothing wrong with anything I said, I'm happy about that.

I wanna know if anything I said when talking about these skills is incorrect or if any of my reasons are stupid.

"In fact I think dungeoneering should be a mini-game not a skill. In fact it would work so much better as a mini-game. It would still be a bad mini-game but it would work better that way. Why do I hate this skill? Well it's simple, because it's just so dull. Demonhaven basically has the dull version of everything in the regular game. You have those dull monsters to fight those dull ores to use smithing with. Those dull types of fish. There just isn't anything in Demonhaven that's worth it to me. Now I'm aware that the skill can be rewarding. But I don't like it."

So how much free time do you have before we get into this little tidbit?

hzvjpwS.gif

"In fact I think dungeoneering should be a mini-game not a skill. In fact it would work so much better as a mini-game. It would still be a bad mini-game but it would work better that way. Why do I hate this skill? Well it's simple, because it's just so dull. Demonhaven basically has the dull version of everything in the regular game. You have those dull monsters to fight those dull ores to use smithing with. Those dull types of fish. There just isn't anything in Demonhaven that's worth it to me. Now I'm aware that the skill can be rewarding. But I don't like it."

Well, I have a lot of free time, go ahead.

Also, I promise this is the only time I ask for criticism on a video I already made.

In the future I'll ask if I get any of my stuff right or wrong for an upcoming video.

I feel compelled to 'correct' that quote to something that doesn't ramble and would be more pleasing to the ear:

"I think dungeoneering should be a mini-game not a skill, it would still be bad but it would be better that way. Why do I hate it? Well it's simple, it's just so dull. Daemonheim just has dull versions of things from the regular game. Dull monsters, dull ores, dull fish. It just doesn't seem worth it to me, even if it can be rewarding, I just don't like it."

Tada half the length, half the time taken, all the points remain and it uses better English so it is more pleasing to read/hear.

If this is what your 'elaborating' and 'having a lot to say' is like then I stand by my point whole heartedly, the videos are too long for what the content is.You didn't have a lot to say or really elaborate, you spoke in circles and repeated things in a overly wordy inelegant manner that does nothing to add to your point or meaning. I admit opening few words may not suit context since I went from this lone quote and nothing else, but that's easy to amend.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I feel compelled to 'correct' that quote to something that doesn't ramble and would be more pleasing to the ear:

"I think dungeoneering should be a mini-game not a skill, it would still be bad but it would be better that way. Why do I hate it? Well it's simple, it's just so dull. Daemonheim just has dull versions of things from the regular game. Dull monsters, dull ores, dull fish. It just doesn't seem worth it to me, even if it can be rewarding, I just don't like it."

Tada half the length, half the time taken, all the points remain and it uses better English so it is more pleasing to read/hear.

If this is what your 'elaborating' and 'having a lot to say' is like then I stand by my point whole heartedly, the videos are too long for what the content is.You didn't have a lot to say or really elaborate, you spoke in circles and repeated things in a overly wordy inelegant manner that does nothing to add to your point or meaning. I admit opening few words may not suit context since I went from this lone quote and nothing else, but that's easy to amend.

That is very valid. Yeah you're right, come to think of it when I did re-watch the video for transcript, I was like "why am I naming every skill?", I should have used the word etc at some point in the video.

And yeah, I did that with almost every entry. That could have easily been avoided.

I'm marking this thread as answered.

I asked for opinion from experts and I got it. Now I can finally move on and not having to think about this video anymore. Which is good because I have been thinking for months if something's wrong. Most of you say I never said anything factually wrong, and I am happy about that.

Thanks for the help.

Also can someone lock this thread now? I only linked the video for one purpose and that was to see if anything was wrong with what I said.

If anyone else wants to point out problems, then by all means they should either leave a comment on the video or reply to my RuneScape videos thread. I don't want the video itself to get more views because of this thread, views was never my intention to begin with.

Sorry for triple posting, but I wouldn't do that if I had the option of deleting the past two posts and make a new one.