Some questions about Dragon Slayer.

Hello, this weekend I'll make my next quest review, it's on Dragon Slayer, which is one of my favorite quests of the game. Therefore it's worth talking about.

Anyway, there are some questions I need answers to now so I can make a good review.

1. Would rune nails work?
  2. Do planks above the normal ones work?
  3. Can you list the major difference between how the quest is now and when I did it? I believe I did it in either 2004 or 2005. Most likely 2004 as I wasn't member yet at the time and I became one in 2005.
  4. Can you provide me any useful information about the quest that's not provided on the RSWiki page?

And yeah, those questions are about it. I will for the most part talk about how the quest was back when I originally did it, since the review will be for the most part be my own personal experience.

1. No, you need steel nails.

2. Again, only regular planks.

I am not sure when it got reworked and how much was changed when they did so. I think the Wiki page is fairly complete from looking it over, but I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Here is another question, how hard is the maze in this quest?

Thankfully I did reclaim the maze key, and I went there for research purposes, and I have to be honest, I find it pretty hard, I got lost pretty easily. But I'm not even doing the quest, so I don't know.

I need help from someone who did the quest if the maze is challenging.

I can't tell you since I'm almost sure I used a guide back in 2004.

It is kind of tedious as I recall, as you would have to kill the appropriate NPC, get a key, try it, and if you unlock the wrong door, you have to start all over again. So without a guide telling you which doors to open at each stage, you might have been there a while! (Unless there are some obvious visual cues as to which door to open, but I don't recall there being any.)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Oh and I found out there is one new thing that wasn't there when I originally did the quest in 2004, and that's a cutscene.

I have a few questions about it.

1. Is it good/worth watching?
  2. Does it tell me anything I didn't already know by reading the dialog which already existed within the game?

Which cutscene, the one with the Lady Lumbridge (the ship you take over to Crandor) being destroyed, or is there another?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Most cutscenes in DS are incredibly short anyway.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Not a biggie, I'm gonna focus most of the review to talk about the quest how I remember it. Even though I did it 11 years ago I'm sure I can remember if I try hard enough.

There is really no more information I need, the rest of the things I wondered about are things I easily found out on my own.

So I'm marking this thread as "answered". Reviewing quests with fantastic stories is a lot of fun.

Blaze

For a review, you might want to create a free account and re do the quest, that way is fresh in your mind.

It's not very hard to get the stats for the quest, either. I think that will be your best bet

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I agree that might be a good idea - it should be noted, though, that it also requires 33 Quest Points, which can be a bit of a task.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Blaze

For a review, you might want to create a free account and re do the quest, that way is fresh in your mind.

It's not very hard to get the stats for the quest, either. I think that will be your best bet

I do like the idea, but I'm reviewing the quest on Sunday, do you think I could accomplish reaching that part of the game before then?

Blaze

I do like the idea, but I'm reviewing the quest on Sunday, do you think I could accomplish reaching that part of the game before then?

Probably, yes, just knock off all the other F2P quests, level up combat a bit, and you're all set.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Blaze

Probably, yes, just knock off all the other F2P quests, level up combat a bit, and you're all set.

But what's the easiest way to make money on F2P? I can't pickpocket, so that's out of the question.

I never use F2P because of the restrictions, but I am making an exception this time, thanks for the help wkw.

But sadly it won't work when reviewing a members quest I have already done, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

The fastest way to make money would probably be collecting and banking cowhides or something, but like Wkw says, you can just give yourself say 50K from your main for money, and that should be sufficient. Don't give too much because you can only transfer 25K/day back due to trade restrictions, so if you give a large amount it will be stuck there for a while.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Give yourself items and money.it's not against the rules

Actually I'm pretty sure it is. Or at least it was many years ago, have they changed it?

It's been changed subsequently. You can trade back and forth or multilog, whatever, as long as you're not effecting the outcome of a minigame or breaking any of the standard rules. Link.

Multiple logging-in
You are free to create as many accounts as you like and you are welcome to trade between your accounts just as you would with any other legitimate player. 

However, if any of your accounts obtained wealth by rule breaking activity for example macro use (botting) or real world trading (buying gold or items from 3rd parties) then all your accounts will be banned. 

Similarly, multi-logged accounts must not interact with each other to exploit gameplay mechanics, such as attempting to rig the result of a minigame. 

Trading wealth or items between your own accounts is done entirely at your own risk. Unconventional trade methods like drop-, death- or trust-trades are particularly risky and we strongly advise against them. 

You may log into multiple accounts across all versions of RuneScape at the same time, however any account you are using must not be involved in any rule breaking or exploitative activity. Any penalties or sanction for such behaviour will be applied to all of your accounts.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Alright, I'll just then give my new account full steel armor (including kiteshield) a steel longsword, 30K coins, 15 lobsters, and then I believe I'm set to go.

On an unrelated question, what should I do with members quests I have done that I wanna review in the future? I could look up the video guides and have them on mute, I always do that, but that's not the same as personal experience.

Considering some iron man accounts have gotten a quest cape in like 45 days, there is no reason you can't if you give items to yourself from your main.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum