Help with killing Glacors

Meranek

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to farm Glacors for a while now for their tank boot drops. I read the other day that Rune Dragons are going to drop upgrade parts for Glacor boots, so I want to get them now more than ever. But, whenever I go, I can only get a few kills in before I have to bank. My levels and armor are decent (not top-tier), so I feel like I should be able to stay for a decent amount of time. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

adfa5g.png

user1-light.png

Are you dodging the large ice attack? With soulsplit and well times sacrifices, you shouldn't have any problems with that gear.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Are those warpriest boots? If I remember correctly, the effect only works with 3+ pieces, so those are worse than a lot of other options. Skeletal boots for around 60k or subjugation at 1mish would be notable improvements. Other than that, just keep practicing, because your gear is fine. Also, defensewise it is literally the best (assuming that's superior).

Fire surge will also do the same damage as whichever blood spell you're using for cheaper, but you'll miss out on healing off the autoattacks when they happen.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Thanks guys!

I have a lot of trouble watching out for the big icycles, especially when knocking out the Glacytes. I guess I'll get that part down with ecperience.

As for the boots, I play DIY, so getting newer boots is going to be difficult. I've never done Zammy GWD, but if I can do well enough, I'll try to get Sub boots.

user1-light.png

If you have problem with focusing both Glacor and glacytes at once, I suggest you safespot the Glacor and focus on glacytes only.

I've been killing a lot of Glacors lately. If you want, you can add me and I can show you how to kill Glacors efficiently.

u5zhkTY.gif

it's been a while so not not 100%, you are killing enduring first right? if you ever kill that last by accident you will take a lot more damage, either of the others don't really matter, also make sure you are hitting enduring with combust (?) first and running back, it'll be almost half dead when you get far enough away. Also I could be wrong, but i don't recall anybody doing well there on revolution in case you're using that.

baileydafrog.png

I'd suggest subjugation/virtus here over void/seasingers probably.

The dps will syncs with penance, since dps gives extra heal, and that armor comes in useful against their hard-hitting mage and ranged attacks, that can really tear through sup void. The not-too-high armour allows you to receive damage, ad at the same time sustain your prayer points. Maybe spellcaster gloves might help you out here if you have a pair, assuming that the glacors dont restore their stats like bosses do.

Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately, Sea Singer's is the only armor I've got for now. I can't fight Nex, so t80 armor is out for the time being. I'll have to try safespotting when the Glacytes come out. I usually kill Sapping first, then Enduring. Every now and again I'll slip up and leave Sapping/Enduring for last, which usually ends up in me using way too many pots/food. And thanks Syd! I'll add you for the next time I go out there. :)

user1-light.png

Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately, Sea Singer's is the only armor I've got for now. I can't fight Nex, so t80 armor is out for the time being. I'll have to try safespotting when the Glacytes come out. I usually kill Sapping first, then Enduring. Every now and again I'll slip up and leave Sapping/Enduring for last, which usually ends up in me using way too many pots/food. And thanks Syd! I'll add you for the next time I go out there. :)

sapping doesn't make much difference tbh, it takes a percentage so make sure you keep your prayer low and doesnt matter much, at worst 1 pp dose 1 kill

baileydafrog.png