Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Behind the Scenes - October 2015

Future Updates

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

While not canon per se, the books all seemed to paint the Black Knights as a pretty violent and evil group committing crimes in recent times. This is pretty indicative of them as a group I'd say.

The books are not canon in the slightest when it comes to the game lore, so any crimes or violence they commit there cannot be taken as indicative of what the organisation is within the game.

With how fluid the lore has been lately...

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

While not canon per se, the books all seemed to paint the Black Knights as a pretty violent and evil group committing crimes in recent times. This is pretty indicative of them as a group I'd say.

The books are not canon in the slightest when it comes to the game lore, so any crimes or violence they commit there cannot be taken as indicative of what the organisation is within the game.
With how fluid the lore has been lately...

The lore is nearly gas form at this point. The books also concur incredibly with the overwhelming lore and history of the Black Knights acting in what would be described traditionally as "evil."
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
The lore from Betrayal at Falador is pretty close to being canon, being referenced by multiple characters as well as a quest. I think it's a fair judgement to say that the Black Knights are more "traditionally evil" than the White Knights.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Maybe they'll clean up the White Knights models and the White weaponry to bring it in line with everything else. I can't see them doing anything Temple Knight related since they're not directly involved with the White Knight affairs.

Popoto.~<3

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

I've seen better Groot knockoffs in a Dollar Store. This looks like a planted fetus.

Excited for the actual content updates, in particular the Falador graphical rework. The Goebie stuff on Mazcab has never particularly interested me, though I do need to give it a fair shot. I just had no reason to go to the area originally because raids are beyond my skill level.

hzvjpwS.gif

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

The books are canon. Several in-game sources verify it. The Black Knights were the aggressors in the last war, and their previous leader, Sulla, was a ruthless, violent, cartoonishly villainous psychopath.

The Black Knights are also slavers. They totally use slave labor. That's not something T.S. Church came up with, either, it's straight from in-game lore. You gonna defend that too?

How many evil deeds have the White Knights committed in canon? I'll give you a hint, it's none, because they're the good guys.

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

The books are canon. Several in-game sources verify it. The Black Knights were the aggressors in the last war, and their previous leader, Sulla, was a ruthless, violent, cartoonishly villainous psychopath.

The Black Knights are also slavers. They totally use slave labor. That's not something T.S. Church came up with, either, it's straight from in-game lore. You gonna defend that too?

How many evil deeds have the White Knights committed in canon? I'll give you a hint, it's none, because they're the good guys.

The kings just on sabbatical while the prince is doing his stint in the army.

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

The books are not canon. They have said many times they books are not canon unless they decide to put bits of them in the game.

Yes several in-game things concur with things in the books and those things are canon, but not everything from the books has appeared in game and those things are not canon.

Also White Knights doing evil things in Canon? How about seizing power the minute the King became "too ill to appear in public" and then stripping the black knights of ll their political position within the kingdom and banishing them for no known reason? That's pretty evil, especially as the way the lore stands it's kinda questionable wtf even really has happened to the King.

Also I would not take the Black Knights being the aggressor in the last war to automatically mean evil - Not every war is started by evil doers seeking to do evil some are waged with good intentions. Like the Black Knights laying siege to Falador after being banished for no reason to try and ousts the white knights..

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
They may not be the most moral acts, but they are not evil. Also, in that war many atrocities were committed by them. The Whites may not be great guys, but they're certainly better than the Blacks.

... That last sentence didn't sound right.

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
*Mumbles something about history being written down by the victors*

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

*Mumbles something about history being written down by the victors*

Well technically this history is being written by a group of people who don't always know how to consistently tell a story.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Future Updates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users