Price of Yews

dark_D10

Is it me or has the price of yews dropped from 300gp each. I have 2.7k yews and I am having difficulty selling them even though a while ago I sold yews easily for 300gp each. Now I see ppl selling yews for 250-290 gp in world 1 varrock. Is this drop due to autoers bc i did see on lvl 3 selling 20k yews for 270 each. (I was about to report him but I thought i had no proof)

Item Discussion forum :arrow: If there is one, I get confused with Tip.It and The Official Runescape forums :oops: And I sell mine for 300 each.

Mods take care of the posts..

No I don't think your unlucky, its just normal to find some ppl selling cheaper !

I'm sure your right about the autoers, because you members might not know it, but there is a huge problem with macroing in f2p worlds. There are usually 1-5 lvl 3's auto woodcutting in rimmington(thats where i usually wc) and in every world. And I hear the problem is worse at the varrock yews. And if your asking "how do you know theyre autoing?" well its kinda easy to tell when they all have dark yellow shirt, green pants, bald head (default clothes) and all their names are similar, and they never ever respond and also die from random events (most of the time).

Well, dont automaticly assume that just because they are lvl 3-5, that they are autoers...I have a lvl 3 with 81 wc and play with him by hand. And i have met a few. Anyways, the price of yews have gone down? Not when i last sold them. I look on the official forums sometimes, even though they have yew sellers that sell 35K at a time, it is very hard. I suggest moving on to another skill, like fishing or mining. I made 500k there and got a 4 mining levels and 3 smithing levels.

About a year ago, my 69 woodcut was ranked in the top 10,000.

Now, it's ranked 211,000.

There's just a lot more woodcutters, and on f2p servers, it's the main source of income for a very high number of players.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Guest AshKaYu

That's how I made my first 100k, cutting Yews, but they're are thousands of Autoers at Varrock, Draynor-Lumbridge, etc etc.

I think if anything, the price of yews should increase. Less suppliers.

Yes, some may sell them for 250 ea but the real price is around 300. Don't worry, they wont drop to 100 or so even in the next years.

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

i sell mine yews 300 ea. at least... i try it :oops:

Give a man a fish, and he'll choke on the bones. Result: You get the rest of the fish.

Teach a man to fish, and he'll catch a lot of fish, then choke on one of the bones. Result: You get all the fish he caught.

Teaching people is better.

ya i believe that have gone down slightly but you can still sell for 300 each.. just takes alittle longer. But i dont believe this has to do with autoers... i believe it has to do with the update this week. I was selling yews fine till the 2hander dragon weapon came out. Then that day and the next there were no buyers to be found because they were all of killing that moster for the dragon weapon. So i believe a bunch of people got impatient and started selling them lower so they could get rid of them. Now that buyers see them lower the price some they wont it to stay there and not go back up to 300. Atleast thats my thought on the whole matter

i think the price can increse, because the p2p's can make 900gp (so 600 gp profit now) on unstringed yew longs and they make also xp. :roll:

Give a man a fish, and he'll choke on the bones. Result: You get the rest of the fish.

Teach a man to fish, and he'll catch a lot of fish, then choke on one of the bones. Result: You get all the fish he caught.

Teaching people is better.