15th February 2016 - New Quest - Nomad’s Elegy | Sliske’s Countdown Begins

Sally

Whenever Nomad is around, the very fabric of Gielinor is sure to be in peril. This time, he’s trying to harness energy from all the deceased souls in Gielinor. In this new quest, travel to the afterlife, ally with the dead, lay siege to his fortress in the Underworld and stop this madness in its tracks!

But your path will not be a set one. Do you have what it takes to make some difficult choices? And what connection will your decisions have on Sliske’s Scoreboard and that nefarious Mahjarrat’s mad game? There’s only one way to find out…

How to Start

Take the portal south-west of the Edgeville bank to Soul Wars Island. There, talk to Zimberfizz to start the quest.

Requirements:

You must be a RuneScape member

You must have Level 75 in the following skills: WoodcuttingMiningConstruction.

You must have completed the quests Dishonour among ThievesThe Mighty Fall,The Void Stares BackNomad’s RequiemThrone of Miscellania and Heart of Stone.

Recommended:

High combat stats and good equipment are strongly recommended for this Master difficulty quest. Lore fans may also wish to complete Blood Runs Deep and While Guthix Sleeps prior to this quest.

Rewards

Completing the quest will reward you with large XP lamps for several skills and some Invention blueprints to create some unique and powerful items.

Enjoy!

Remember, a series of manipulations and betrayals have led to this point, so danger will lurk around every corner.

The Runescape Team

Live Streams

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full schedule over on our Twitch channel.

Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed, including last week's Nomad's Elegy stream (and Mod Shauny trying – and failing – to make a dragon train), plus loads more!

This week, we'll be running through Nomad's Elegy in NXT, talking about an exciting new Giant Mimic boss, and give you a second chance to check outRuneMetrics!

February 15th, 20:00 Game Time | Nomad's Elegy NXT Playthrough

Join Mod Raven and Mod Shauny as they run through the new quest, showing off its epic visuals in the new NXT client and giving some commentary on the quest's development. Needless to say, this will contain spoilers!

February 16th, 17:00 Game Time | Developer Q&A – RuneMetrics and Mimic Boss

We know a lot of you are excited about RuneMetrics, our amazing new data and stats service that'll give you all kinds of useful information about your account, so we wanted to give you another chance to ask questions and see it in action!

We'll also be showing you the all-new Mimic Boss, coming to Treasure Hunter next week - we can't wait for you to try it out!

Ask your questions on the forumsReddit, or by using #RSDevQA on Twitter!

February 16th, 21:00 Game Time | Mod Shauny takes on the Giant Mimic!

We mentioned our new boss in the stream above - and 3 hours before it's released into game, you'll be able to see it live!

Check out Mod Shauny's PvM skills (ha!) and get involved from 9pm!

Competition Winners

Congratulations to the winners of our 15th birthday premiere competitions: Mckoinnich, Pandora X and Telx! They won tickets to the RuneScape: 15 Years of Adventure film premiere in London last week. We hope you all enjoyed it!

Special kudos to Mckoinnich, whose amazing entry became the official film poster of the event. Well done!

[spoiler=Event Poster]

runescape-15-years-of-adventure.jpg

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical

• The handheld Masquerade mask now uses the correct overrides and animations.

• Nomad's model and animations have been updated in Nomad's Requiem and Dominion Tower.

• Zamorak's model has been updated in Missing, Presumed DeathOne of a Kind andBirthright of the Dwarves.

Skills, D&Ds & Minigames

• The Preparation perk now correctly extends the Preparation ability's duration and cooldown.

• The Lucky Perk message is now filterable.

Quests, Challenges and Achievements

• The XP from mining TokKul from two statues during the Brink of Extinction quest can now be received only once per statue.

Other

• The global broadcast for achieving 5.4 billion total XP will now trigger correctly.

• Swapping items between the Bank interface and Equip interface now works correctly if the two items match but don't stack together in the bank.

• New players will now see a helpful web page to show them how to play the game when creating a new account.

• Tooltips in the Player Inspect interface no longer display XP to next level.

• A missing full stop has been added to the last Sliskelion piece's dialogue option.

Ninja fixes

• The drop table for chaos giants has been greatly improved, bringing it more in line with their requirements - including adding a very rare dragon pickaxe drop.

• Pest charms, Slayer VIP tickets and Patch bombs now have right-click purchase options in the Thaler shop for Buy 10, Buy X and Buy Max.

• There is now an option to reset the Normal and Hard mode boss kill times on the Beasts interface.

• The animation which plays after drinking an overload will no longer close interfaces.

• Pirate Pete now has a 'quick travel' option for players who have completed Rum Deal.

• Players can now ask Captain Jute to remember whether they prefer Easy or Hard mode when quick-starting the combat variant of Troll Invasion.

• The loot beam value has been changed from 50,000 to 50,001 coins for the following items:

• Kalibath's journal, Phalaks's experiment log, Sakirth's journal & Strisath's journal

• Forcae's journal pages

• Miner's journals #1 to #5 & The diary of Jebediah Omnis

• The Ugthanatos

• Kaigi's journal & Kaigi's journal pages

• Ancient pages

• Scabarite notes

• History of the Order & order journal pages

• Ancient elven wedding ring

• Clarence's body parts

• Forcae's journal pages

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

So that was eventful!

I'm curious how the choices near the end affect things

I let Iccy get the kill and he is now joint second with Arma and Rago. If you let Death get the kill does he join the score board?

Also epic misleading when the dialogue asks who to let kill nomad and then they kill gielinor instead.

Also I killed Nomad and Sliske took the body away (ugh hello annoying wight in later quests) what happens if you let Nomad live?

Does killing/sparing Nomad alter the World Guardian joining the score board or your score? I got 1 point for a win making me joint 3rd with Sara and Brassica

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So that was eventful!

I let Iccy get the kill and he is now joint second with Arma and Rago. If you let Death get the kill does he join the score board?

Also epic misleading when the dialogue asks who to let kill nomad and then they kill gielinor instead.

Also I killed Nomad and Sliske took the body away (ugh hello annoying wight in later quests) what happens if you let Nomad live?

Does killing/sparing Nomad alter the World Guardian joining the score board or your score? I got 1 point for a win making me joint 3rd with Sara and Brassica

I had Death kill the Bloodborne-Guthix and so Death received a win (and therefore three points). I like both Death and Icthlarin, but Death wins in ties because of Pratchett (even if the RuneScape Death isn't similar).

I spared Nomad, which seems unfortunate for him after his reaction upon being whisked away by Sliske ("Noooooo!")... Still counts as a defeat, though, so I have a point.

Quest was good. Nomad fight (fights?) were too easy, though. I only died a few times because I couldn't be bothered to bring decent armor and a beast of burden... Even still, not remotely comparable to Nomad's Requiem (excluding the cheesy Kyatt method found soon after release and the easification brought on by Evolution of Combat).

ozXHe7P.png

So that was eventful!

your score doesn't change either way, because defeating nomad only counts as one point (nomad is not a god, just a really buff mortal)

well, was a mortal anyway, now he's a wight lol

the dialogue said gielinor for me, might have been a fixed typo

was there any difference in giving nomad the shard of jas from earlier???

8f14270694.jpg

We are using hide tags because there are people who read these forums even if they do not post and we don't want to be inconsiderate ass-wipes and post spoilers people can't avoid whilst it is still new content.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We are using hide tags because there are people who read these forums even if they do not post and we don't want to be inconsiderate ass-wipes and post spoilers people can't avoid whilst it is still new content.

Liar. Nobody reads these forums.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

I also haven't done the quest yet (two other ones to do first) and also don't need to know every detail.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one