I'm astute, yeah.

Lime_Mercury

randomness6bd.png

From the postbag pictures. Labeled by yours truly.

And... that looks to me like the sun is rising on the west side of runescape, how odd. (The sextant says its west over there...)

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

And... that looks to me like the sun is rising on the west side of runescape, how odd. (The sextant says its west over there...)

Come on RS is a fantasy world, who says the sun can't rise in the west in a fantasy world.

But I must say hats off to the artist, I'm short for words to describe how beautifull this is.

*takes off his hat*

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

Come on RS is a fantasy world, who says the sun can't rise in the west in a fantasy world.

But I must say hats off to the artist, I'm short for words to describe how beautifull this is.

*takes off his hat*

I think if you dug around in their letters they said it rose in the east. I don't have the inclination to do that at the moment, though.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

You of course realize that this means the map will not end very soon :P

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

its a very small planet considering the size of the towns

But still, our present map really only occupies half of the globe horizontally, and barely a quarter of it vertically. In other words, theres massive room for growth to the South.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

what says the sun is not setting?

The amount of light being introduced into the scene is inconsistent with a setting sun.

Use ANY rendering program and you'll come to the same conclusion.

All I see is a bright light by the coal rocks. That means the water there is bouncing from the sun, wherever the sun is. The sun is either very high in that pic, or the coal rocks have gone critical.

Some noob got himself a dragon pickaxe and specialed smoking rocks.

Untitled.png

Rendering has a very, very loose basis on real life, anyone who has used the tools can tell you that.

In aerial and space based photography, however, a setting sun looks identical to a rising one.

?ou think this picture is a real life picture?

No clouds. eh

And wow the size of that wouldn't even beat the moons size. wait... oh oh its coming to me!

Earth_and_Sun_01.jpg

Gielenor is the 'true' name of this land, yet it doth not roll from the tongue so easily, and hath been superceded in popularity by the more common 'RuneScape'.

It is similar to the way that there is a planet I know of whose real name is 'Terra', orbiting a star named 'Sol', yet to it's inhabitants it be more commonly referred to as 'Earth' and orbits the unoriginally named 'Sun'.

So what... I know that image has nothing to do with the thread but thats because i'm mentally challenged (Yay for filter)

foreverforher.gif

From the postbag pictures. Labeled by yours truly.

You all are ridiculous! I mean it would be more interesting if in runescape the sun set in the west... and that captured my thoughts for a second... but then I thought about it

It could be SETTING in the west :P :P :P it is a still picture! Why didn't any of you think of this?

Aqua_Dragons.png

and WHERE is seers village?

Camelot=Seer's village pretty much

I thought that was a great pic, and looks to me like the sun has just risen in the east and light is reflecting of the distant lakes. No clouds, why? It would ruined the picture, when it comes to realistic world maps asthetics matters.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png