Question:What program languages are used for making rs2?

gempoult

I have searched for a thread but i didn't manage to find 1 so if anyone knows or is able to help with answer i will be really gratefull.I am sure only for java and java script, but there must be more than just that for making this game..So does anyone know :D :?:

^ Incorrect. It's common belief that Runescape is made in Java. However, the actual programming language is Andrew and Paul's own scripting language, appropiately named: RuneScript. However, RuneScript is heavily based upon Java and shares many similar characteristics, ie: resources it takes on your computer etc.

[opinion]If you ask me what RuneScript is: a language based entirely on java, modified a tiny bit and passed off as a unique language. Reminds me of ebaumsworld in a way. [/opinion]

some java and somthing in a graphic progarm to make esacy picture

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

1.Java is the engine

2.Java runs off of RuneScript fuel (variant of the java language)

3.RuneScape runs for your pleasure

(yes they did make their own type of java language, but basicaly the same thing.)

The client is a Java applet. Technically a Java applet can only be written using Java. Whether or not they have some intermediary engine in the client is a moot point. Somewhere down the line someone wrote the code in Java.

However the client is a very small piece of the RuneScape software. The server side code is where the real processing of the game takes place. What it is written in is anybody's guess.

siganizq4.gif

^ Incorrect. It's common belief that Runescape is made in Java. However, the actual programming language is Andrew and Paul's own scripting language, appropiately named: RuneScript. However, RuneScript is heavily based upon Java and shares many similar characteristics, ie: resources it takes on your computer etc.

[opinion]If you ask me what RuneScript is: a language based entirely on java, modified a tiny bit and passed off as a unique language. Reminds me of ebaumsworld in a way. [/opinion]

You don't know they have their own script called "RuneScript." The game is made In Java and probably used with a little bit of C++.

You don't know they have their own script called "RuneScript." The game is made In Java and probably used with a little bit of C++.

It's a common fact that they have a scripting language called RuneScript, I believe they talk about it in the corporate site?

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Andrew Gower is one smart, rich, rich, rich man.

OH YEAH.

Another reason for runescript is to make the game nearly unhackable. Obviously that's not completely so, but being coupled with amazing security and a completely foriegn coding language, rs is a very secure game.

It was a dam smart move to make runescript, obviosuly it's paid off rather well. 8)

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Andrew Gower is one smart, rich, rich, rich man.

OH YEAH.

Another reason for runescript is to make the game nearly unhackable. Obviously that's not completely so, but being coupled with amazing security and a completely foriegn coding language, rs is a very secure game.

It was a dam smart move to make runescript, obviosuly it's paid off rather well. 8)

Makeing ur own language and not telling how to learn it is how no one can hack runescape

Nothing us "unhackable". Runescape is pretty safe because anyone with the talent, know-how and inclination would have their sights set a little higher.

Im not so sure about that, selling the rs gp that you could hack cauld earn you a quick buck or two on Ebay. And yes, RS was written in a laguage created by the creators of rs.... Craven Image said that in a post of his, he knew because JAgex had a presentation at his school where they told him all that. So rs is fairly safe because it is written in a self developed programming language...

Runescript would be a custom java API. No reason you can't write your own base classes in java, that is what runescript would be. Basically it provides comonly needed functionality for runescape with a set of classes. very similar to other java packages e.g. java.io. Runescape is entirely java based, THAT is why the game is so cool.

What if there's a flaw in the runescript parser

[sig too big, don't do it again]

The game is made In Java and probably used with a little bit of C++.

I almost wet myself when i read this line .... :lol:

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

The game is made In Java and probably used with a little bit of C++.

I almost wet myself when i read this line .... :lol:

As I :lol:

To find out exactly what type of coding they use, I suggest asking them. ^_^

Craven Image did. Jagex had a presentation at his uni