List of what you would want in a "Runescape"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate it when you kill someone(or you get killed) and they(or you) just curl up in a ball or whatever and thats it...

liek there should be a final hit sorta like mortal combat you know?

the last hit should be like a jab in the stomach or you knock them off their feet and the fall back. or make it even more graphic(which i highly doubt would happen) and have blood while fighting. or chop off the dudes head and his head just falls to the ground and the guy stands there for a slipt second and then falls to the ground. that would jsut be awesome.

but seriously...we need blood in the game. or at least in the wild. when theres clan wars...you jsut see everyone fighting and blood flying everywhere(not too much) and after the person dies the blood would stay there for an extra 10-20 seconds instead of dissapearing. make it look somewhat realistic liek the real mid evil times

yea i was thinking of if you are 13 or above you can have blood on...

not to much blood....

like blood on your sword...for 30 minutes after you kill something...

or a splatter of blood on your armor here or there

but the down side is the special effects of the blood spraying would slow down the game.....

MisticLegends.com

The "underconstruction" MMORPG

this is the xp to level indicator

NOTE ~ This is COPYRIGHT!

xplevel1=0

xplevel2=100

xplevel3=140

xplevel4=196

xplevel5=275

xplevel6=385

xplevel7=539

xplevel8=755

xplevel9=1057

xplevel10=1480

xplevel11=2072

xplevel12=2901

xplevel13=4061

xplevel14=5685

xplevel15=7959

xplevel16=11142

xplevel17=15598

xplevel18=21837

xplevel19=30571

xplevel20=41270

xplevel21=55714

xplevel22=74484

xplevel23=100553

xplevel24=135746

xplevel25=149320

xplevel26=164252

xplevel27=180677

xplevel28=198744

xplevel29=218619

xplevel30=240481

xplevel31=252505

xplevel32=265130

xplevel33=278386

xplevel34=292306

xplevel35=306921

xplevel36=322267

xplevel37=338380

xplevel38=355299

xplevel39=373063

xplevel40=391717

xplevel41=411303

xplevel42=431868

xplevel43=453461

xplevel44=476134

xplevel45=499941

xplevel46=524938

xplevel47=551185

xplevel48=578744

xplevel49=607681

xplevel50=619834

xplevel51=632231

xplevel52=644875

xplevel53=657773

xplevel54=670928

xplevel55=684347

xplevel56=698034

xplevel57=711994

xplevel58=726234

xplevel59=740759

xplevel60=755574

xplevel61=770686

xplevel62=786099

xplevel63=801821

xplevel64=817857

xplevel65=834214

xplevel66=850898

xplevel67=867916

xplevel68=885275

xplevel69=902980

xplevel70=921040

xplevel71=939461

xplevel72=958250

xplevel73=977415

xplevel74=996963

xplevel75=1016902

xplevel76=1037240

xplevel77=1057985

xplevel78=1079145

xplevel79=1100728

xplevel80=1122742

xplevel81=1145197

xplevel82=1168101

xplevel83=1191463

xplevel84=1215293

xplevel85=1239598

xplevel86=1264390

xplevel87=1289678

xplevel88=1315472

xplevel89=1341781

xplevel90=1368617

xplevel91=1395989

xplevel92=1423909

xplevel93=1452387

xplevel94=1481435

xplevel95=1511063

xplevel96=1541285

xplevel97=1572110

xplevel98=1603552

xplevel99=1635624

xplevel100=1668336

xplevel101=1701703

Well what do you think?

MisticLegends.com

nah i dun like the xp table, i think it should increase by double each time

eg.

lvl 1 = 100

lvl 2 = 200

lvl 3 = 400

lvl 4 = 800

that would make the game more challenging so that people cant level up really fast and theres not a lot of people that are high levels in everything

- and also instead of all levels going to 99 maximum i think it should go to 100

- instead of walking the types of transportation should be horses for land*the horses will cost money and if houses are availible you should have a stable in it*if that isnt possible there should be a stable in every village so that you can get it from there*there should be a new skill which has to do with what types of pets you can keep raise, these pets can be used in fighting in the wilderness etc, and their levels raise too, so the higher the level the stronger the pet, also there should be different kinds of pets like dragons, dogs, cats, horses, etc.etc/walking is availible too---then as another type of transportation there should be ships you can make by yourself to travel across the ocean or water, the water should have routes to follow so that when on the sea you could hit a rock and sink your ship and die in the ocean*there should be a skill for this too called something like shippwright or shipbuilding

-i like the idea of a tombstone and i second that

- i also like the idea of blood, because i beleive people who play this game are mature enough to see blood

-when messaging a friend you should be able to *nudge* like in msn, an you should be able to use smileys

and you should be able to set the time in the game when you start so that it corresponds with night and day, so its dark and light*during night there should be more muggers and theives out to get you with various levels, of course the time will only change when you are on

- also we should be ale to make and light torches for night time, another addition to the firemaking level

- and you should be able to change the color of yourself on the mini map, so that when you are in the wilderness then you can have a specific color for you team so you will know who is fighting who, and same with capes

- and when it comes to combat level every level you gain should raise your combat rather than having it average out, so if that was the case in runescape and it went to 100, and u had 100 in each ure combat will be = 700

- monsters should be far higher in levels, example goblins should be level 15...

- inventory should be far bigger so instead of 28 items in an inventory it should be 35/ it should also be able to be increased by completing a series of ectremley hard quests

- and armour should become weaker after it gets worn out, so if you are fighting and you get hit a lot it should become weaker

eg.

bronze = loses one point of bonus in everything every 10 hits

iron = becomes weaker after every 20 hits

steel = becomes weaker after every 30 hits

black = becomes weaker after every 40 hits

mithril = becomes weaker after every 50 hits

etc.etc

-thats all if i think of more ill post again, though i dont think its going to be easy to get a game as good as runescape with just one person, remember you have to make constant updates to keep people happe, and you have to have a full time crew to take care of problems when they happen

Phew...just finished the leveling system!! Its only to level 101 now :D

Its going to go up to 300....mabye 999..... which would be almost impossible..... were talking legendary status if you made it to 999..mabye you should get a crown by your name if you do!

Great Ideas!

MisticLegends.com

wow this is the first time i checked this post after i posted here, i didnt really know howl long my post was

well anyway gandalf did you like any of my ideas, and if u have time can u answer my questions too

That! an spanish version of RuneScape!

Eso! una version en espả̮̱̉ol!

I offer myself like volunteer to make the translation! :D

axel_phx.png

spanish version of RuneScape!

er.....against a spanish version of Runescape but....my spanish is not my strong second language....or even third...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:39 pm Post subject:

nah i dun like the xp table, i think it should increase by double each time

eg.

lvl 1 = 100

lvl 2 = 200

lvl 3 = 400

lvl 4 = 800

yes but if it goes up to 999 it wont matter...no one will EVER get to 999...

instead of walking the types of transportation should be horses for land*the horses will cost money and if houses are availible you should have a stable in it*if that isnt possible there should be a stable in every village so that you can get it from there*there should be a new skill which has to do with what types of pets you can keep raise, these pets can be used in fighting in the wilderness etc, and their levels raise too, so the higher the level the stronger the pet, also there should be different kinds of pets like dragons, dogs, cats, horses, etc.etc/walking is availible too---

There will be horses and different types of horses...i will not put them in at first....my idea is to start with basics....attack....strengh (mabye call force) and defensive...as for the stables they will come with the town...but i will put building a stable in carpentry ~ crapentry will include woodcutting

Yes ive gotten many ideas for pets :D due to the fourms at runescape, runescape tips and RSC...

then as another type of transportation there should be ships you can make by yourself to travel across the ocean or water, the water should have routes to follow so that when on the sea you could hit a rock and sink your ship and die in the ocean*there should be a skill for this too called something like shippwright or shipbuilding

The skill will be undercarpentry....clamming will also be among the skills

Yes there will be a wilderness ocean...

The plan for the kingdoms is there will be a wilderness between them

it will go from 1 to 50 to unlimited to 50 to 1

and when it comes to combat level every level you gain should raise your combat rather than having it average out, so if that was the case in runescape and it went to 100, and u had 100 in each ure combat will be = 700

Edited in when you have 0 xp you are level 0 when you get more than 1 xp you are level 1 and so on

Only 5 skills mabye 6 will factor in on your combat level!

Offensive

Force

Defensive

Magic

Range

mabye.... traps

- monsters should be far higher in levels, example goblins should be level 15...

- inventory should be far bigger so instead of 28 items in an inventory it should be 35/ it should also be able to be increased by completing a series of ectremley hard quests

- and armour should become weaker after it gets worn out, so if you are fighting and you get hit a lot it should become weaker

eg.

bronze = loses one point of bonus in everything every 10 hits

iron = becomes weaker after every 20 hits

steel = becomes weaker after every 30 hits

black = becomes weaker after every 40 hits

mithril = becomes weaker after every 50 hits

For monsters I have devised a ultrasecret plan....

I will not tell anyone ever....well untill the game is release....

lets just say its a huge improvement to fighting monsters

yes i thought of it myself.... :D

dev team at runescape dont even try to email me...

The armour should become weaker after it gets worn out

I really like that idea because it will force people to make their own weapons and armor! The weakness should be shown in a symbol and can be fixed by a smith or if you are the right level you could fix it! :D

Execellent idea!

Bronze Plate Mail (100%)

After a certinammount of deteriation the metal should become less shiny!

Then at 50% rust and at 20 parts missing (which would be VERY easy to make with the game running at the same speed) At 0% it will have little or no def capabilities same goes for weapons for a certin ammont of hits

Along with this update would be the mage anvil which at a certin magic level you could create a anvil for 1 min which includes a blacksmith hammer...

Note the name smithing will now be called blacksmith

The size of your backpack will be 25 in my game and no changing....but.....as a super ultra rare drop there will be a MAGIC backpack which will enlarge your space by 5 which brings me to slayer.......slayer will be part of the traps skill which i will not go into....

Yikes i wasted time that I could have been working on the game!

though i dont think its going to be easy to get a game as good as runescape with just one person, remember you have to make constant updates to keep people happe, and you have to have a full time crew to take care of problems when they happen

Well you see I will make 1 BIG update a month....the first friday night of each month.....or i could make a bunch of smaller updates a week....such as iron armor.....or a new tree to cut...or a quest every two weeks

MisticLegends.com

Well you see I will make 1 BIG update a month....the first friday night of each month.....or i could make a bunch of smaller updates a week....such as iron armor.....or a new tree to cut...or a quest every two weeks

kk good luck on ure game writing, i like the idea of big updaets once a month , have u got a site for this?

and plz dont tell me it is spanish

PPL GANDALF NEEDs IDEAS

my espanol est muy horrible..... RS in espanolum est male....dang it mixed it with latin!

so the answer for a spanish RS is no...another reason is there are more people with access to the internet with english..

hmm no website yet because i dont have a name for the game!!!!

If anyone has any idea of a name email me using tip.it

MisticLegends.com

Ideas for metals in game

Octiron

From Discworld

A dense black metal that is a large part of the Discworld's crust. It is highly magical with a melting point above the range of metal forges. The gates of Unseen University are made out of it. A needle made of octiron will always point to the Hub, the centre of the Discworld's magical field; it will also darn its owner's socks by itself. The University tower bell ("Old Tom") is made of it, and rings audible silences. Coin's staff in Sourcery was made out of it. In its natural state it releases considerable quantities of magical radiation, but if it becomes negatively polarized, it can be used to absorb such radiation. Octiron under pressure generates significant amounts of heat, which accounts for most of the volcanic geological processes on Discworld (At least, that's what UU thinks on the matter).

Mithril

FROM Middle-earth, several video games and role-playing games

A light, silvery metal that is as strong as steel, but very light and easy to work. While mithril has properties similar to those of titanium or aluminium alloy, the fact that it was mined in native form in Moria suggests it has no direct real-world analogue. It is used for making superb chain-mail armour and other means of protection. It can also be worked into other forms (much as iron ore can be used to make various grades of iron and steel) with unusual properties (reflecting only the light of the moon, for instance). An alternate spelling, "Mythril", appears in the video game series Final Fantasy with basically the same properties as mithril. Also, "Mithral" used in D&D books to avoid copyright infringement claims, and "Milrith" in Simon the Sorceror.

MisticLegends.com

Spanish is the second laguange spoked at world.. (chinesse is the first, and English is the third)

Well.. just think about it..

Note: This is because there are 1.300.000.000 of chinesse habitants, over 800.000.000 of spanish spoken, and then about of 600.000.000 of english people aprox...)

Possibly, there is a great amount of people who do not play, because they do not understand English.. And I ll proposse an initial menu of laguange selection of the game.. If you like , you can play it in english, spanish, italian, french, german, russian, or portuguese.. you know..

axel_phx.png

yes i know that that english isnt the most spoken language but as I said before.... most of the people who speak Spainish dont have a computer to use...

but the #1 reason is.....I was getting a C in spanish till i did extra credit...

No hablo espanol....

Im currently learning latin so I will beable to make words like strongmetal

or

convoco

If you people want to help after the game is published you can give me the spanish,chinese, etc translations for the works so they will know words such as sword is gladius (in latin) or weapon (telum in latin).

Also this would be a great way for foreginers to learn English....

and people who know english to learn other words

Another question for people....

Do you want there to be "magical fields" where magical particals in the air cause magic to be more powerful? And make arrows lite or explode? and odd things happen...like in discworld?

MisticLegends.com

i like the magical fields idea

- and for the exploding arrows, add that to rangeig guide, its a type of arrow that explodes and hits your opponent with the fire and barb

- oh and btw add a new mini game just like duel arena, only this time its a death match and instead of staking u get what the guy ure fighting is wearing, and other can watch you fight and can bet on who will win

Yea yea I was bored (should have been working on the game...but it took me less than 5 minutes)

I present you the matrix!

NOTE TO EXIT THE MATRIX CLICK THE LEFT/RIGHT on MOUSE OR HIT ESC

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_ ... p?i=808169

tell me if this works...

i like the magical fields idea

- and for the exploding arrows, add that to rangeig guide, its a type of arrow that explodes and hits your opponent with the fire and barb

In this magic field strange things happen due to huge ammounts of magic energy being released at the creation the world! Im some areas it is stronger and even tears at the very fabric of time! You may find your self being teleported around the area... and when fighting your sword may start to glow red or your arrows may get hotter and hotter till they melt or burst! And sometimes mage attacks just explode...even the monsters which go into this area come out odd...some with hands for feet and sometimes.....they dont come back again....[/i][/u]

MisticLegends.com

Yea yea I was bored (should have been working on the game...but it took me less than 5 minutes)

I present you the matrix!

NOTE TO EXIT THE MATRIX CLICK THE LEFT/RIGHT on MOUSE OR HIT ESC

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_ ... p?i=808169

tell me if this works...

shows up with a white screen an tells me i need to be logged onto their forum to use their something

EDIT: it says i need to be logged on their forum to download their files

I cant get a url/link.....unless I make a website...

Which means even the first demos for the game are going to need a website....

If anyone really wants to see thematrix...just email me your email through tip.it.... Here is a pic of it anyway...

matrix.jpg

Ive been doing some work on the main control area where you will select your spells check your level etc...

*You may not copy textures with out my permission, unless you are helping with the project*

Which texture would be best?

matrix2.jpg

woodforintroscreen.jpg

rockwithgold.jpg

lavainsteel.jpg

metalwithgoldfillseamless.jpg

MisticLegends.com

lavainsteel.jpg

SWEET! This one is probably my favorite, but maybe it could be customize-able? Like, you can choose which one you want to use.

Also, how about the crafting skill!?! I haven't seen any of this skill on this thread, but maybe it was lost in the massive posts.

Crafting for range and mage armor and staffs. Ooh! And magic jewelry that actually is more useful than RS stuff. Like a necklace of destruction!

Hits nearby enemies a random amount based off of your magic.

And as for pets... Birds. You could get them from woodcutting (nests) and you carry them in your pack as an egg. They could then hatch and you could use them as a weapon and a tool. Of course, to use as a weapon, you would need a Falconer's Glove, which could be bought or crafted (level 20?) that when worn shows your bird on your arm in front of you. Then you can attack in multiple ways: Peck, Swipe, and Protect. The peck attack sends the bird towards the selected target and the bird administers 4 swift pecks before returning. The swipe style makes the bird quickly swoop towards the enemy and swipes at it with its talons and returns. While on Protect, the bird circles your character and absorbs melee and range attacks, and when the bird reaches 0% of its health, it returns to your inventory and can't be used until you heal it. Mage attacks do not affect the bird, but rather inflict damage upon the player.

Also, you can get a few types of eggs:

Falcon eggs (when grown can be used for attacking and item retrieval)

Chicken eggs (can be grown into chickens which can lay eggs and can be killed for feathers and food, or the eggs can be cooked)

Dragon eggs (duh, for making dragons)

Parrot eggs (when grown can be used for item retrival)

The eggs can be used to help increase the "Breeding skill" which helps the player raise pets and food supplies.

Expansion on the Breeding Skill:

Can be used to grow the birds mentioned above.

Can be used to raise dragons for combat and travel.

Can be used to raise cows and pigs for food.

Can be used to raise dogs and cats for combat, competitions, and companionship.

Can be used to raise a variety of fish (see below).

Fish details:

Can range from goldfish to sharks and such.

Can be cooked after grown to a certain point.

Needs a fish bowl, fish tank, or pond to raise after certian points.

Fish Types (can be changed, added to, or removed from):

Goldfish

Small aquarium fish

Koi

Herring

Medium aquarium fish

Sardines

Trout

Large aquarium fish

Salmon

Pike

Tuna

Lobster

Swordfish

Small Shark

Lionfish (POSIONOUS!)

Big Shark

I'll post the rest of this in a bit, as the fact that this is a huge post is probably going to be a bit of a problem when reading.

Hey, I'm back! BTW I would love to see any screenshots you get or a site where you could get info on it, even thought you dont have either. So anyways, back to my ideas:

Through Crafting you could make fish tanks of different sizes which each size hold a different amount of fish.

Goldfish bowl: up to 3 goldfish, or up to 3 small aquarium fish (this is the only type that can have goldfish in it)

Small aquarium: up to 10 small aquarium fish, 5 medium aquarium fish, or 1 large aquarium fish

Medium aquarium: 15 small aquarium fish, 10 medium aqaurium fish, 3 large aquarium fish

Large aquarium: 20 small, 15 medium, 6 large

Small Minnow Tank: 5 koi, sardine, or herring minnows, 2 trout, salmon, or pike minnows, 1 tuna minnow

Large Minnow Tank: 10 koi, sardine, or herring minnows, 5 trout, salmon or pike minnows, 2 tuna minnows, 1 swordfish, small shark, or large shark minnow

Lobster Tank: 10 lobsters (only tank that can hold lobsters)

Lionfish tank: 2 lionfish

Maybe the tanks could be tradeable?

Also, Ponds:

There would be multiple pond types:

Fish Values:

>Koi = 1 koi pond spot

>Sardines = 1 pond spot

>Herring = 1 pond spot

>Trout = 2 pond spots

>Salmon = 2 pond spots

>Pike = 2 pond spots

>Tuna = 3 pond spots

>Swordfish = 4 pond spots

>Small shark = 5 pond spots

>Large Shark = 6 pond spots

>Lionfish = 1 lionfish pond spot

Koi pond: 10 koi (only pond that holds koi)

Small fishing pond: 10 fish (combination of sardines and herring)

Medium Fishing pond: 15 fish (combination of sardines, herring, trout, salmon, and pike)

Large Fishing pond: 22 fish (combination of sardines, herring, trout, salmon, pike, tuna, swordfish, small sharks, and large sharks)

Moat: 30 fish (combination of sardines, herring, trout, salmon, pike, tuna, swordfish, small sharks, and large sharks)

Lionfish Pond: 2 lionfish

Lionfish Moat: 4 lionfish

Each pond and tank would require a higher crafting to make, and each would require maintianence frequently to keep the pond from breaking and killing the fish. Also, the fish would have to be fed often so they can grow and stay healthy. Ponds and moats would be only availble at houses, so they might as well wait.

Lionfish would be used for making arrow posion, and maybe coud be used for a quest or somethin.

Uh, yea, thats it. Let me know when you have screen shots, a beta version, or anything important availible because this is sounding like it will be a sweet game. Expect a Birdboy60 character to be made when you release it, because I definately will play.

I kinda went over-board, but yet, you seem to like it. Excellent. When I get more ideas I shall po-WAIT! I have one!

Multi-messaging!

This is something I have wanted in RuneScape for a very long time. Under your friends list there would be 2 tabs, group and person lists. The person list would be like the one currently on RuneScape, listing everybody you add. However, the group tab would have a similar type of setup, just with groups (ex: your clan, resteruant staff, ect.) that you add. Once you add a group you can add people too it. Then, by clicking that group, it brings up the private message menu at the bottom saying:

"Private Message To ________ Group:"

And you type the message and it sends it to all online players under that group. Players could be in multiple groups, and could be removed from the group easily. By right-clicking on the Group name, it would bring up these options:

"Message _______ Group"

"Delete group"

"Review group"

"Cancel"

The message ______ Group would send the multi-message described above.

Delete group deletes that group, but any members of it are kept in the firendslist and any other groups they may be in.

Review Group brings up a Menu/Window showing the entire group member list, and their statuses (offline, world___). From there you can message just the person you select, remove the selected person, or add a member to that group.

Um, yea, I think that's it on that one... Wait, no, thats it. Well, goodnight, expect more tomorrow after I get some sleep.

I will watch this thread, post my ideas, and eagerly await news on development.

Thanks again for your ideas...here are some basic desgins:

Which is better?

The metal w gold and stone (wont look like this in the end it will be fixed)

click link for bigger pic http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/ ... atrix3.jpg

matrix3.jpg

Or

One made out of wood?

click link for bigger pic http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/ ... creen3.jpg

woodenscreen3.jpg

MisticLegends.com