List of what you would want in a "Runescape"

A fan site would be good. However, shouldn't we make something directly linked to the site rather than something independant, which a fan site is?

Uh, fansite = independant with link(s) to main page.

Gandalf has that as his "project" because he is making the game. So why shouldn't I do a fansite, so once the game is released, people can get info on items, skills, ect. without having to try to work their way through a manual or something. This wouldn't take the place of the game's site, just be a resource for anyone on the game's site. It wouldn't be a problem, and seriously wouldn't be too hard for me.

I want to do this anyways, and besides, it gives me a spot to use my new forum at...

What I meant was doing something like Runescape have done. Not fussed anyway, just trying to make the whole thing more uniform.

I have constructed two quests. I see someone's beaten me to it but I'll post anyway. Maybe we can use both. Personally I don't see why we couldn't. Also, I've posted some more ideas of mine.

ITEMS (UPDATED)

There are items these new ideas would require. Here is a list of the ones I've thought up already. Needless to say, more will be added.

- Fireseeds

- Carrots

- Water (not new, but for camels energy)

- Silver (the currency)

- Dragon Claw

- Dragon Blood

- Slinger Rocks

- Arrows

Skills

- Accuracy (Attack in Runescape): Level 1 - Wield Iron.

Level 10 - Wield Steel.

Level 20 - Wield Mithryl.

Level 40 - Wield Onyte.

Level 50 - Wield Platinum.

Level 70 - Wield Sunyte.

Two experience points per one damage.

- Strength (Defense in Runescape): Level 1 - Wear Iron.

Level 10 - Wear Steel.

Level 20 - Wear Mithryl.

Level 40 - Wear Onyte.

Level 50 - Wear Platinum.

Level 70 - Wear Sunyte.

Two experience points per one damage.

- Fury (Strength in Ruenscape): Two experience points per one damage.

- Health: Half an experience point per one damage.

- Archery (Range in Runescape): Level 1 - Can Wield Slinger.

Level 10 - Can Wield Bow.

Level 20 - Can Wield Longbow.

Level 30 - Can wield Throwing Knives

Level 40 - Can wield Crossbow.

Level 50 - Can wield Throwing Spears.

Level 60 - Can wield Boltbow.

Level 70 - Can wield Throwing Axes.

Level 85 - Can wield Elf Bow.

Two Experience points per one damage

- Magic: Level 90 - Invincible (Allows you to be invincible for 10 seconds, 2 Sun, 5 Flame and 1 Stone Runes, 80 Exp. per spell cast).

To be added to.

- Taming: Level 4 - Tame Wild Dogs (12 Exp. per Wild Dog tamed).

Level 17 - Tame Horses (21 Exp. per Horse tamed).

Level 25 - Tame Camels (24 Exp. per Camel tamed).

Level 33 - Tame Double-Humped Camels (30 Exp. per Double-Humped Camel tamed).

Level 46 - Tame Bear (34 Exp. per Bear tamed).

Level 67 - Tame Baby Earth Dragons (50 Exp. per Baby Earth Dragon tamed).

Level 71 - Tame Earth Dragons (60 Exp. per Earth Dragon tamed).

Level 74 - Tame Ice Dragons (75 Exp. per Ice Dragon tamed).

Level 78 - Tame Fire Dragons (100 Exp. per Fire Dragon tamed).

Level 89 - Tame Dragon Major (200 Exp. per Dragon Major tamed).

- Riding: Level 1 - Ride Magic Carpets (1 Exp. per 1 minute of riding).

Level 9 - Ride Horses (3 Exp. per 1 minute of riding, requires 1 carrot every 50 minutes).

Level 12 - Ride Camels (4 Exp. per 1 minute of riding, requires 1 bucket of water every 20 minutes).

Level 14 - Ride Double-Humped Camel (4 Exp. per 1 minute of riding, requires 1 bucket of water every 40 minutes).

Level 18 - Ride Bear (5 Exp. per 1 minute of riding).

Level 41 - Ride Baby Earth Dragons (9 Exp per 1 minute of riding, requires 1 fireseed every 20 minutes of riding).

Level 51 - Ride Earth Dragons (11 Exp per minute of riding, requires 1 fireseed every 10 minutes of riding).

Level 61 - Ride Ice Dragons (14 Exp per minute of riding, requires 1 fireseed every 10 minutes of riding).

Level 71 - Ride Fire Dragons (19 Exp per minute of riding, requires 1 fireseed every 10 minutes of riding).

Level 86 - Ride Dragon Major (28 Exp per minute of riding, requires 1 fireseed every 8 minutes of riding).

- Herblore: Level 1 - Killer Instinct (Adds +10% to your Accuracy level for 5 minutes, Ingredients: Bear Skin, Goblin Tooth, Unicorn Blood, 10 Exp. per potion made).

Level 54 - Grow Fireseeds (Used for feeding Dragons, Mix a Dragon's Claw, crush it, mix it with water, boil it and add dragon's blood, 50 Exp per set of seeds grown, 5 seeds per set).

To be added to.

- Carpentry: Level 92 - Build Stable

To be added to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COPYRIGHT 2006 DAVID JONES. No part of the following text must be used without the authors prior permission.

QUEST: The Dark Horse

Background (Will be displayed before the quest has been started by the player): The Horse Stables in Carion have lost a valuable horse, Regela. Can you retrieve it for them?

Requirements: Able to defeat Level 4 Enemies.

Step One: To start the quest, you must talk to the Stable Keeper, located outside the Stables. Talk to him. The conversation should go like this:

- Player: Hello

- Stable Keeper: Oh...hello there

- Player: You seem worried.

- Stable Keeper: I am, I am. One of my most precious horses, Regela, has gone missing.

- Player: That's terrible. How did that happen?

- Stable Keeper: I don't know. She's a rare black horse so poacher's may have taken an interest in her. I hope she's O.K.

- Player: Maybe I could help look for her!

- Stable Keeper: That would be wonderful. If you can find her, I will reward you most handsomely. To track her, you will need to look for a three pronged hoof track. Following it should help you get an idea of where she is.

- Player: Brilliant. I'll start immediately.

Step Two: You must then walk west, towards the Great Wood. Just before you enter the woods, go north around the Wood's, until you hit hoof marks. Follow the hoof marks into the woods.

Step Three: The marks will eventually lead you to a cave. You must enter the cave.

Step Four: Oncce you enter the cave, walk down it a little. You will be attacked by a level 4 Bandit. Defeat the bandit and continue down the cave. Eventually, you will reach the horse Regela. Two more bandits will be guarding it, which you will need to kill. Once you killed them, right click the horse then select Tame. You will then hold the horse by it's reins. You must take the horse back to the Stable Keeper.

Step Five: Once you reach the stable keeper, talk to him again. The conversation should go like this:

- Player: I've found Regela!

- Stable Keeper: So I see! How can I ever thank you? Here, take this. It isn't much but it's my way of saying thank you.

The quest is completed.

Reward:

- 500 Silver pieces.

- Ability to Tame.

- 800 Taming Experience. (This amount of experience should be enough to allow the player to tame Wild Dogs)

QUEST: Mystic Crusade

ALL QUEST CONVERSATIONS TO BE FILLED IN AT A LATER DATE.

Background: The Warriors of the Mystic Legends Guild have been trying to find the Stone of Zazork. Their attempts have failed and many warriors have gone missing in pursuit of this great stone. Can you find it and claim eternal glory?

Step One: Firstly, you must talk to the Mystic Legends Guard. He tells you the Guild is having an emergency meeting on yet another disappearance from their Guild. He will not let you in. You must then go to the back of the guild, and down a set of ladders.

Step Two: You climb down the stairs and advance forward. You will then be stopped by a guild guard and arrested.

Step Three: You must picklock your way out of the cell. There are 3 gates and each of them requires you to complete a small logic task. If you get any wrong, a guard will notice you trying to escape and you must start again. Once you complete all three, you must take the immediate east turning, and continue to the end of the tunnel. Half way down, an old man called Dramus will greet you. Talk to him and eventually he will give you a Mysterious Skull. He speaks very vaguely but from what he says, you gather that the Stone gains power from the life giver.

Step Four: Continue past the old man and climb up the stairs at the end of the tunnel. You will appear in a field. Keep going south west until you hit a river.

Step Five: The river is impassable so follow it southwards. Eventually, you will come to the Mystic Guild again. Approach the Guild Guard, but do not speak to him. After a few seconds, a Ghostly mage will appear out of nowhere and fight the guard. The guard just defeats the mage.

Step Six: Talk to the guard again. He will now let you in the Guild. You must now find a cure for the Guards Mage Burns.

Step Seven: Walk to the guild doors. Try and get in. It will be locked. Cerag, a Mystic Knight, will come out and challenge your presence. Tell him of the Guard's terrible burns and he will tell you how to heal the burns.

Step Eight: To get the necessary ingredients, you have to first pick a Dworf Leaf from a Sickal Tree. These are found north of Kaselm. Be careful, level 67 Snakes wander the area.

Step Nine: Secondly, you have to attain a Dragon's Egg. These are guarded by all Dragon's, in their respective lairs.

Step Ten: The final ingredient needed is Mud. This can be gotten pretty much anywhere.

Step Eleven: Mix all the ingredients and heal the Guild Guard. He is most appreciative and tells you of the Stone of Zazork, and what it is used for. He has little idea where it is but can direct you to someone who does.

Step Tweleve: You must find Jura. The Guard tells you he is somewhere on the island of Xiana. To get there, you must do one of two things. If you have completed the 'Xiana Crash' Quest, you can go back to Roger and get a trip for 10 Silver pieces there. If you haven't, you must go to the Poseidon Temple. The Temple is a maze, full of Poseidon Mages. They will not attack you, as long as you're taking the correct route. As soon as they attack you, go back on yourself.

Step Thirteen: Keep going until you come to a portal. Step in it and you will arrive in Xiana.

Step Fourteen: Journey south until you come to a hut. Talk to Jura and he will further explain about the Stone. He gives you a note to take to the Guild. He warns you of the Ghostly Mages who guard the Stone. They attack anyone they feel is a threat to it. Once your conversation with Jura is over, you should expect an attack from one of these Mages. This attack will be before you leave Xiana.

Step Fifteen: When you kill the Ghostly Mage, he will drop a mysterious cloth. Select rub cloth and you will be protected from any other Ghostly Mage attacks. If you do not do this, expect to have to fight them nearly every step of the way. If you forget, every single Ghostly Mage drops a mysterious cloth.

Step Sixteen: Proceed back to the Guild and hand the note to the Guard. He reads it and explains the stone is located on a hill, deep within the Troll Territories.

Step Seventeen: To get there, you must first go to Troll City. Enter and make your way north. Continue out of the other set of gates and make your way past the Level 58 Rebel Trolls.

Step Eighteen: Carry on until you get to a green hill. You shouldn't miss it.

Step Nineteen: Make your way up the hill and you will see four large stones, with a smaller table in the middle. Set on it is the Stone of Zazork.

Step Twenty: Try to take the stone. As soon as you do, a Ghostly Mage named Ji Sar will appear. She will demand you leave. Refuse, and fight her. Prepare for a hard fight. If you do not have the Mysterious Skull in your inventory, she will kill you within a few hits, regardless to any faith or potions.

Step Twenty One: Once defeated, take the stone. The ground starts to shake but you will be teleported back to the Mystic Guild. Talk to Cerag and he will congratulate you on bringing the stone to the rightful owner. He will explain the Ghosts stole it to keep their essence alive. Talk to the Guard. He will explain that you are a full Mystic Guild member. Once you've done this, you have completed the quest.

Reward:

- Ability to wield Sunyte Weapons, wear Sunyte Armour and smith Sunyte bars, armour and weapons.

- Ability to wear the Mystic Ring. It gives you +8 Accuracy, + 8 Strength and +10 Fury.

- Access to the Mystic Legends Guild.

- Access to the Teleport to Xiana Spell.

- 100,000 Silver pieces.

- 18,000 Experience in Magic, Fury, Defense and Herblore.

Might I add if these do get used, experience points are not final. It all depends on the Experience Points system BirdBoy's devising (at least I think it's you. Correct me if I'm wrong).

Please tell me what you all think.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of some you need to add:

Herblore:

Small Bird (like parrots and cardinals and robins) Food: level 3

Medium Bird (like Blue jay or ravens) Food: Level 13

Large Bird (like eagles and falcons) Food: Level 24

Breeding:

Small birds: Level 3 (with experience from the quest i will post next)

Medium Birds: Level 15

Large Birds: level 27

DO NOT USE MY BELOW IDEAS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

(Name?)

Requirments: Crafting maybe? (this is my first time thinking up and writing a quest)

Herblore/Potion-making (what is it called?)

Start: Talk to the bird breeder somewhere in the starting town

First: The breeder needs a nest to put some eggs in that he is breeding and he asks you to make one for him.

So you go to a twig bush/bramble bush and get some twigs and then go pick some moss off the ground and bring it back to the breeder and he shows you how to put them together into a nest by using the moss with the twigs and then with a nest bowl to make it the right shape (nest bowl would be is same room)

Second: He asks you to make him some bird food. He asks you to get the ingredients and then make the potion and briing it to him.

Once you bring it back to him he tells you how to breed birds (another quest later for other animals) and then you are done.

Reward: 750? Breeding experience, ability to breed birds

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

yes someone who will actually listen to our ideas to add to a game.

1. decent amount of bank space not unlimited but more than rs has for non mems

2. it would be cool if u can make the game a little more fair in the wild. i mean i like to pk but i dont like it when it happens to me over and over.

3. it would also be cool if the bank had slots. at first it would say slot1 slot 2 slot 3. and each slot can be renamed. that way u can keep ur bank organized.

4. it also would be cool if there was more costume types.

5. the basic skills in rs(and maybe more)

6. tell me the website when its ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

o ya and u have to have trimmed armor in the game. u dont have to have treasure trails but find a way to get it into the game.

let us be able to buy any colors of gloves boots and capes

and maybe even customized capes.

thenoobstats1uq1.png

all f2p stats...My stats go up so not accurate :P

A few thoughts on PKing

First, I think we need a level restriction. That is, until you hit level 10 or so, you can't be attacked nor can you attack.

Second, and this is only in conjunction with the first, make areas near the outskirts and in cities safe areas, and the rest as open PKing areas. However, you will still have level restrictions. basically, if there is land between two safe areas, the "deepest" PKing area would be in the center (that is, you can attack people who deviate farther from your level in the center than near either safe zone).

Also, in a few special towns, create Player Arenas, in which players can fight without loosing items, or can place stakes, etc. In fact, what you can do later is to introduce special "in-between" items in events in these arenas; that is, suppose Platinum weapons are useable at level 60, and mithryl at 50. You could create a prize weapon (one of a kind) that can be used at level 55 or something.

Oh and also, see if you can incorporate mazes with hidden dangers (like hidden damaging floors, etc) into the game, with decent rewards for completing them. It would be awesome.

nice ideas, ive got the basic layout of a map so far but i cant think of name, anyways ill have it in, in a day or 2

btw gandalf ure link is messed up and i can't become a member on ure forums

Might I add if these do get used, experience points are not final. It all depends on the Experience Points system BirdBoy's devising (at least I think it's you. Correct me if I'm wrong).

Please tell me what you all think.

Lol, I'm not doing the xp stuff. Gandalf has that, considering he is doin the programming.

Anyways, they look cool, if not long, and sounds quite similar to the Dragon Slayer quest in RS. Lol, that works I guess, but it isn't up to me. If I were to place myself on a list of control/importance in the games development, I'd probably be either 4th or 5th. Gandalf is defineately first, talk to him about the rewards/exp.

it would be good if clans had contacts so they cant backstab or accindentily attack another clan member. inorder to be in the clan u will have to type ur username on a contract and click on accecpt and then when ur in the wild u cannot attack ur clan members and u can leave a clan at anytime and anywhere except in the wild.

thenoobstats1uq1.png

all f2p stats...My stats go up so not accurate :P

Lol, I'm not doing the xp stuff. Gandalf has that, considering he is doin the programming.

Right you are....ive even got an xp formula....Its all coded in to! :D well the first 100....

damaster I dont look at this forum as much as mine (click on the link above my sig) By the way great Idea! I think I will add that when I release the clans system!

MisticLegends.com

The "underconstruction" MMORPG

Please do not use any of my ideas with my permission also pm me ingame if you have any questions to the following suggestions.

Alright, number one i would like to say that what you do have on page 1 for graphics looks pretty good and if all these suggestions from others go into your game then i would defintley play it..

Ok so my suggestion is that you should make Clan Houses. Pretty much a Big Shanty Town that holds different clans. Clans would have to pay more to upgrade their clan house and therefore ge more members. This would promote clan events either than player killing to raise money for the clan. For instance, lets say it costs 15k to start a clan. You start with a small shack like figurine. This shack could hold 10 members max. Then lets say theres a huge apartment building on the other side of the room that goes high into the sky so every clan that upgrades moves into there after and it doesnt take room. Anyways, this would cost 30k to upgrade. Then it would be a bungaloo then a house then a condo then a penthouse then a mansion and so on with the price to upgrade jus skyrocketing plus more members can fit.

In the Clan House itself clans would post events and other things. Each place would have a clan shop wear Clan Apparel and a PDA so members can receive event news without having to walk all the way to this town. Clan Apparel would include shirts hats capes shields with special designs and so on. And these items would be untradable to other people that arent within the clan. A Clan Name and symbol will officially be made with the buying of a clan house and this symbol would be marked onto the armour of all Clan members. This would prevent multi-clanning. Oh and when a char is actually made there should not b any symbols on the shirts like in RuneScape cuz this would be restricted for Clan Symbols.

Oh and if your wondering what Clan This Person belongs to there would be an examine option for every person and it would say the total level, name and Clan and There motto. (U see when im bored in RS i examine things and i get bummed wen i cant examine people) grrr.

Aneways, there should also b a mail office so if ppl are offline they can still receive private messages (This can also be used for a PDA).

Personal Shops are another thing so people can jus set shop with there prices. This would discourage auto buyers because people can jus set shop of course in a designated spot not in a bank cause that would be annoying! There would be a town where people jus set shop on the side of the road like a little stall.

Anyways i think these are great ideas and u should use them. I would make a game like this myself but i dont necessarily know how to. If you can talk to me i would apreciate it. My RSN is Runesfinest. Thank you and good luck! PM me wen this games made i would love to see it. Also i cant register for your forums so can you plz make me a member on your forums. Thank You. I would like to help as much as i can with the making of this game so plz allow me to be involved. I have a dream....and its to help you creat this game. Thank you.

chickenwhipdo3.jpg

runesfinestxo7.png

Its been here for 165 posts.....so I guess its in the right spot....what amost 3 weeks now?

Most likely because the title gives no hint that it has nothing to do with RS.

This should go in OT, there's even an advertising sticky there.

i registered on your forum. i have some ideas for a game, but it will be totally different from what you have or are already working on. i dont know how good you are in programming, but making a game anywhere near as complex as runescape seems to sound like a lot of work. how far have you gotten so far?

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

well, most suggestions are on gandalf's forum now. That would be a good spot to catch his attention considering we don't head back to Tip.It to use the forums much... but I will see what i can do.