List of what you would want in a "Runescape"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lavainsteel.jpg

i like this one too

and i havent got an ideas yet...so...ill post as soon as i get one

edit: for farming skill: a new plant *havent thought of name yet* you can grow it and when you are fighting you can call it to make a shield of vines around you, or your opponent, so that you can be wither defended or so that you can run from a fight,

there are 3 types, each one lasts longer,

1 = requires level 30 farming to grow, and 30slayer to use in battle, destroyed with 1 hit from dragon, 1 hits with rune, 1 hits with addy, 1 hits with mith, 2 hits with balck, 3 hits with steel, 4 hits with iron, and 5 hits with bronze, this includes arrow types, also this does not affect magic spells, and all magic spells, even the weakest, break it in one hit

2 = reguires 50 farming to grow and 50 slayer to use in battle...destroyed with 1 hit from dragon, 1 hit with rune, 1 hits with addy, 2 hits with mith, 3 hits with black etc.etc.....and this one cant contain magic, but it takes 3 blasts from any type of magic spell to break

3 = requires 90 farmig to grow, and 90 slayer to use in battle...destroyed with 3 hits with dragon, 4 hits with rune, ill post rest later i g2g

EDIT: ok then 5 hits with addy, 6 hits with mith etc.etc.---and this one takes 5 hits from any magic spell, and contians magic

i know its a bit dumb but i would really like something like that

woodenscreen3.jpg

This looks a lot like the RS style setup, just with wood instead of stone. Maybe you could use this setup with the texture I like? Or like I stated earlier, maybe have it customize-able so you can switch them? I know that would take a lot of space and membory and such, but would be better than looking at the same thing everyday. Once your game comes out I will personally tell my friends who play RS to check it out so you can get more people.

The plant shield idea... interesting.

However, I doubt he is going to use rune and such as weapon types. Also, the slayer requirement should be a defence requirement, or the plant shields can only be used on certain battlefields.

Speaking of battlefields:

>Nature Battlefields: Allow plant shields, plant attacks (ex: vines tangled around feet to stop movement), and earth magic bonuses

>Water Battlefields: Allow naval combat, water magic bonuses, and fish attacks (ex: lionfish swarm), but slows movement 25% (can't run through water easily!) unless swimming which then ups the movement 15%

>Pet Areneas: Battle your pets in three types of competitions: 1. Pet VS Pet (battle between two pets till the death or forfiet), 2. Kill Race (first pet to kill 'X' number of opponents wins), or 3. Pet CTF (2 teams in a pet based capture the flag match, 10 minute games), by winning a match you recieve one of these prizes: 1. Pet VS Pet rewards any stake placed by the players, 2. Kill Race rewards a trophy which can be shown off to others (more trophies, the better a breeder you are), 3. Pet CTF rewards Tokens which can be traded for items (see below). Trophies would be able to be placed in a Trophy Cabinet (made with Carpentry) that can hold 10 trophies. When a trophy cabinet has at least one trophy in it, you can chose "Check Trophy Cabinet" and it will show all the trophies in the cabinet. From there you can examine the trophy you chose by clicking on it and it will say: "____ Beat _____'s pet in a Kill Race" (the blacks are where the names would be), so that you can keep track of how many people you beat. Trophies would be non-tradeable, and cannot be withdrawn as notes.

Pet CTF Tokens: This tokens would be rewarded to the winning team's players after a CTF match is concluded. The Tokens would be distributed as thus: 2 to winning team members, 1 to all players in the event of a tie, 0 to members of losing team. Tokens would be non-tradeable but can be redeemed for prizes such as:

Pet treat: 1 token

Box of pet treats (has 10 treats) 5 tokens

Master Falconer's Glove: 25 tokens

Gold lined saddle: 30 tokens

Dragon Egg: 50 tokens

Mystery egg: 40 tokens (hatches into a random creature or gives an item)

Silver Leash: 35 Tokens

Chew toy: 5 tokens

^^You can edit, add to, or remove from this list.^^

Also, the pet arenea would offer these services:

Bank Spot (access bank to store prizes and to get stakes)

Prize zone (redeem Tokens here!)

Pet Food Store (buy and sell different types of pet food)

Pet Store (buy and sell some bird eggs, minnows up to tuna, kittens, puppies, piglets, and ponies)

Also expanding on the Breeding skill:

How to get eggs:

>Woodcutting will drop nests with eggs or items, or the occasional empty nest

>Through purchasing eggs at a pet store

>Through trades with players

>From breeding (once you get two adult birds of the same type, you may get an egg randomly)

How to get minnows:

>Purchase at a pet store

>Through trades with other players

>While fishing you may catch a minnow of a random fish

>From breeding (check ponds and tanks often to find any minnows that may have hatched)

How to get puppies:

>From pet store

>Randomly a puppy may follow you home, at which point you have a new puppy

>From breeding (occasionally your dogs may have puppies)

How to get kittens:

>From pet store

>While woodcutting you may find a kitten in a tree, so don't cut that tree until you get the kitten out!

>From breeding (occasionally your cats may have kittens)

How to get ponies:

>From pet store

>From trades with players

>From breeding (occasionally a horse may have a pony)

How to get piglets:

>From pet store

>From player trades

>From breeding

How to get calves (baby cows):

>From a quest?

>From player trades

>From breeding

I'll finish this after I eat, and I will be adding some stuff to crafting!

I'm back with more ideas, ranging from breeding, to crafting, to cooking, to carpentry, and even blacksmith!

Now to finnish my "How to get_____" list:

How to get Dragon Eggs:

>From redeeming Tokens

>From Player trades

>From Dragon Hunting (somewhat rare drop?)

>From Breeding

There.

Now for my other ideas.

Crafting:

>Ball of yarn: Level 1. Examine: My cat would love to play with this!

Extra info: Can be used to string amulets and is also a cat toy. Made from spinning wool.

>Leather Ball: Level 10. Examine: Anyone want to play soccer?

Extra info: uses 1 thread, 1 soft leather, and a needle, can be used as a pet toy and can be dyed colors.

>Leash: Level 12. Examine: A dog leash.

Extra info: can be dyed at which point the examine changes to say: "A ____ colored leash." and is used to train your dog.

>Falconer's Glove: Level 20: Examine: A tough leather glove.

Extra info: Required to use your bird as a weapon, only holds one bird, takes the place of a weapon.

See below cooking for some cooking related crafting stuff.

Now for some cooking ideas:

Dog food: made from meat and bread

Cat food: made from tuna

Fish food: made from bread

Bird food: made from seeds and bread

Slop (fed to pigs): Mixes bread, milk, meat, and oats

Horse Feed: oats, grain, and clover

^^LEVELS not decided, you can choose because you get the final say.^^

People food ideas:

Chicken Pot-pie: potatoes, veggies, chicken, and pie crust in a pot-pie tin

Beef Pot-pie: potatoes, veggies, beef, and pie crust in a pot-pie tin

Donuts: mix flour and water to make a pastry dough, then use knife on dough to make donuts, then cook

Cream-filled pastries: make pastry dough, then use knife to make empty pastries. Use cream on empty pastry to fill, then cook

Jelly donuts: make pastry dough and use knife to make jelly donut bases. Fill with choice of jelly (see below for jelly instructions), then cook

Jelly instructions:

Strawberry: Obtain 3 strawberrys, and a jar. Use strawberries on jar and choose: "Make jelly"

Grape: Obtain 3 bunches of grapes, and a jar. Use grapes on jar and you will make jelly (no other option)

Apple: Obtain 3 apples, and a jar. Use the apples on the jar and choose: "Make jelly"

Blueberry: Obtain 10 blueberries, and a jar. Use blueberries on jar and choose: "Make jelly"

Cherry: Obtain 6 bunches of cherries, and a jar. Use cherries on jar and choose: "Make jelly"

Mixed berry: Obtain 2 bunches of cherries, 3 blueberries, a strawberry, and a jar. Use a cheery, blueberry, or strawberry on jar and choose: "Make mixed jelly", then repeat with the remaining ingredients.

Other things you can make with the ingredients for jelly:

Canned Strawberries: Obtain 3 strawberries, a knife, and a jar. Use the knife on the strawberries and you will slice them into the jar, and you will have some well preserved strawberries.

Canned apples: Obtain 3 apples, a knife, and a jar. Follow the same steps for canning strawberries to can your apples.

Applesauce: Obtain 3 apples, and a jar. Use apples on the jar and choose: "Make applesauce" (I like applesauce.)

Jar of Blueberries: Obtain 10 blueberries, and a jar. Use blueberries on jar and choose: "Place Blueberries in Jar"

Jar of Cherries: Obtain 6 bunches of cherries and a jar. Use the cherries on the jar and choose: "Place Cherries in Jar"

Uses for the stuff above:

Jellies: filling jelly donuts, sandwiches, selling.

Applesauce: food or selling

Canned goods: food or selling

Jar of cherries: ice cream?, selling

Jar of blueberries: ingredient for blue dye, selling

Cooking-related crafts:

>Glass Jar: Level 5. Examine: I should fill this with something.

Uses: used to make jelly, canned goods, jar of cherries or blueberries, and can be filled with water.

Extra info: made with molten glass and a glass blowing pipe, can break during use, at which point you lose all ingredients being placed in it.

>Pot-pie tin: Level 3. Examine: I could make a pot-pie with this.

Uses: used to make chicken and beef pot-pies

Extra info: made with a bar of tin and a pot-pie mould, is re-useable after eating pot-pie, but is lost when you burn the pot-pie

Now to carpentry:

Perch: Level 2. Examine: A wooden bird perch.

Extra info: made by using a knife on a log and choosing "Make perch", can be made from different types of logs.

Table: Level 6. Examine: A sturdy wooden table.

Extra info: requires 4 logs, a knife, 30 nails, and a hammer, can have items placed on it, can be made of different types of logs.

Trophy Caninet: Level 25. Examine: I can show off my awards in this!

Extra info: requires 90 nails, 8 logs, a knife, and a hammer, can hold 10 trophies, can be made of various wood types.

More in next post, this one is huge as it is.

Here's some ideas for the name (cuz u have none from anyone esle it seems):

Demonic Realms :twisted:

Dark Worlds

Siege System

Guardian's Keep

Mystic Legends

That's pretty much the ideas I came up with for names, let me know wat u think.

Back to my previous post continuation.

Carpentry ideas:

Cage Stand: Level 7. Examine: This could hold my bird cage.

Smithing ideas:

Bird Cage: Level 15. Examine: Perfect home for a bird.

Extra info: requires 2 iron bars, can hold 1 bird, can be placed on a table or can be placed on a cage stand.

Weapon ideas:

Blow darts (can be posioned with lionfish posion)

Shuriken shuriken.jpg

Dual swords (one in each hand, but cannot have a shield)

wow! Lots of ideas!

Mystic Ledgends hmmm

what do you think of world of ledgends?

if thats not taken!

Im going to put somthing up on geocities so I can give links and stuff here to the files....

MisticLegends.com

The "underconstruction" MMORPG

Sadly, it seems world of legends IS taken. As for my ideas for names, I currently are checking them all.

EDIT: Well, this was an interesting find. The only things close to the names I suggested is some closed MUD game and some RPG forum. So, I guess my suggestions (which I just searched and hadn't searched before) are open for use. Cool. :twisted:

Hey, I will gladly make the first fansite! Lol, but seriously I will. I mean, if I am helping with so much as it is *cough*forum*cough*& items*cough*, then I basically could start now! Oh, and I will try to get some possible pics to model items off of. Now where did I place my camera...

I can actually provide at least 3 different bird photos based off of my real pet birds. You can choose to make different styled birds with different examines, or just have one type. NOTE: They are parrots/cockatoos/mackaws.

yawns.....well this is what I got so far....I HATE geocities program...its so annoying...

I think it doesnt look to bad...just needs some writting!

edit:

hmmm odd

http://www.geocities.com/gandalfmight/home.html

enter geocities instead of not allowed

...... :evil:

enter geo then citi then es then continue with .com/gandalfmight/home.html

MisticLegends.com

looks decent, glad to see that the code worked. (I edited the HTML so a dumb thing to make a free forum wouldn't show up) Um, ok, so its just a cookie on my comp that freaked me out. I had clicked on it and it showed the delete messages button and access to my account that I made that on. Phew, I got pretty scared, but when I switched to a different browser it was gone. Got scared over nothin.

The site seems pretty good with its background and logo thingy, but the text... uh, needs work. Keep it up, I'll try to get more item photos.

Hey, the forum basically is done for a while, here is a link:

http://pub46.bravenet.com/forum/3919769407/

This will take you to the forum for the Mystic Legends. I made this, so feel free to comment on it here or on the actual forum. The forum is up and currently running. It is easy to use and for the "Account Username:" part I suggest just using your Tip.It account username. No password needed, nor do you need to sign up for anything. Plain and simple, yet effective. Be sure to read the posts, thanks.

Possibly, there is a great amount of people who do not play, because they do not understand English.. And I ll proposse an initial menu of laguange selection of the game.. If you like , you can play it in english, spanish, italian, french, german, russian, or portuguese.. you know..

Hmm, language select... interesting. However, that would take quite a bit of time, but to make it so the site could be seen in other languages wouldn't be that hard if you think about it.

still working out how to implement POH....

where should they go...their own world? should you be able to teleport there?

Also for POM (Player owned marketplace) Should There be a whole area for that which you must teleport to/ pay a few to be teleported there by a mage?

This looks like a job for: my brain!

LOL, but seriously, I have a possible solution for this. POHs would be in a seperate location that cannot be walked to. The only way to reach them is flying on a dragon or teleporting there.

However, there wouldn't be a spell that the PLAYER casts, but rather in major cities there is a portal in/near a bank. By entering the portal, you will be warped to another portal inside the POH community. From there you walk to your house, or walk over to the POM section, depending on what you want to do. Once inside the community, you can access pretty much and POH you want, but unless it is yours, there are limited things you can do.

Let me use an example. This example will use the RuneScape city Varrock, and my character, Birdboy60.

Let's say I, Birdboy60, am near Varrock and decide to go check on my POH. So, I would walk to the bank in Varrock, go upstairs, and step into the portal. The I would be teleported into the POH community and would appear next to the Varrock portal. Then I can access almost any POH I please, as well as walk to the nearby POMs.

Now, the concept of getting back can be accomplished in 3 ways, so for getting out you have more possiblities then getting in. You can either fly back out on your dragon, go through a portal, or use your magic skill and teleport away. The portals wouldn't drop you at a random city, but rather there would be multiple ones.

The portals would all be in the center on the community and would be differently colored. Each would lead to a different city's portal (ie Varrock), and they would all be free. This makes accessing the POH and POM areas quick, easy, and doesn't take any runes to perform.

Tell me what you think.

Nice idea, I like the POH idea, but I think that instead of a colour it should have sign under it that tells us where that portal leads to

eg. Portal to Varrock

[sign underneath]

Examine: This

Portal leads to

Varrock.

Not a bad Idea...but there will be an optional teleport to POH at level 150...

Nice idea, I like the POH idea, but I think that instead of a colour it should have sign under it that tells us where that portal leads to

eg. Portal to Varrock

[sign underneath]

Portal leads to

Varrock.

I not to worry...but I will make it so that the one you can in by will be the one you came out of....That way you dont have people using the free teleport system to get from town to town...

MisticLegends.com

Not a bad Idea...but there will be an optional teleport to POH at level 150...

eg. Portal to Varrock

[sign underneath]

Portal leads to

Varrock.

I not to worry...but I will make it so that the one you can in by will be the one you came out of....That way you dont have people using the free teleport system to get from town to town...

yeah that sounds better

yawns.....well this is what I got so far....I HATE Not allowed program...its so annoying...

edit:

hmmm odd

http://www.Not%20allowed.com/gandalfmight/home.html

enter Not allowed instead of not allowed

Its not bad but it could be better, right now I have to eat and then I want to play some runescape, after that I'll post anything you can do to update your site, btw the backroundlooks good

Sorry I can't help as much as birdboy but I know nothing about computer programming, only a bit

yawns.....well this is what I got so far....I HATE Not allowed program...its so annoying...

edit:

hmmm odd

http://www.Not%20allowed.com/gandalfmight/home.html

enter Not allowed instead of not allowed

Its not bad but it could be better, right now I have to eat and then I want to play some runescape, after that I'll post anything you can do to update your site, btw the backroundlooks good

Sorry I can't help as much as birdboy but I know nothing about computer programming, only a bit

ME? I barely know anything about programming, just some HTML stuff. Anyways, the sign probably would be good, but the reason I suggested the multiple portals is because let's say you are at your POH and you had come in through Varrock and you have to meet a friend or clan at Seers Village and you can't use the Camelot Teleport yet. Rather thaan having to head back to Varrock and walk, or telly to Falador and walk, you could just exit into the nearest spot, wheter it be Ardougne or actuallly Seers Village. Sure, people COULD take advantage of this, but what if you make it that you have to wait a minute before reusing? Like a teleport recovery time...

Back. I was out in my backyard playing a round of Airsoft with my little sister. I mainly hit her, but she got one laast shot out that nailed my exposed head. So much for looking down to see if I was out of ammo...

Anyways, while playing I got an idea. In RuneScape there are some archery targets around Varrock's castle that you can't shoot at. Why not add some to practice on?

Um, yea, time to check on stuff and get the pics up for you.

lol.... I was hiding in the brush and as my friend walked by I jumped out and fired....nothing happened execpt for the farting noise....when the c02 runs out....

For magic you should have to write runes in the ground? or on paper or in stone?

Spells~

You must have a staff...even the greatest wizard is powerless without his staff.

It was the best of times..it was the..... sorry wrong fourm...

You will charge you staff by writing runes in the ground which is a very lengthy process depending on your magic level and the type of spell. This uses up your ammount of spell creation fatigue or SCF

Summoning is still currently Top Secret...dont even ask, its all worked out

MisticLegends.com

lol.... I was hiding in the brush and as my friend walked by I jumped out and fired....nothing happened execpt for the farting noise....when the c02 runs out....

For magic you should have to write runes in the ground? or on paper or in stone?

Spells~

You must have a staff...even the greatest wizard is powerless without his staff.

It was the best of times..it was the..... sorry wrong fourm...

You will charge you staff by writing runes in the ground which is a very lengthy process depending on your magic level and the type of spell. This uses up your ammount of spell creation fatigue or SCF

Summoning is still currently Top Secret...dont even ask, its all worked out

not bad, sounds like some book i read, i forget the name

ME? I barely know anything about programming, just some HTML stuff. Anyways, the sign probably would be good, but the reason I suggested the multiple portals is because let's say you are at your POH and you had come in through Varrock and you have to meet a friend or clan at Seers Village and you can't use the Camelot Teleport yet. Rather thaan having to head back to Varrock and walk, or telly to Falador and walk, you could just exit into the nearest spot, wheter it be Ardougne or actuallly Seers Village. Sure, people COULD take advantage of this, but what if you make it that you have to wait a minute before reusing? Like a teleport recovery time...

lol, you still are a lot more help than i am, :P

anyways i still think its better for just 1 portal, the city you come in from is where you leave, cause most people who dont want to walk from falador to varrock dont need to do it every 5 seconds

btw gandalf, forget it, i dont think ill be able to help you out on that site, but anyways are you going to have player mods on your game, and things like that, and you are going to have to add something like jagex's crowns to inform people that they are either staff, or mods (if any)