List of what you would want in a "Runescape"

A fan site would be good. However, shouldn't we make something directly linked to the site rather than something independant, which a fan site is?

Uh, fansite = independant with link(s) to main page.

Gandalf has that as his "project" because he is making the game. So why shouldn't I do a fansite, so once the game is released, people can get info on items, skills, ect. without having to try to work their way through a manual or something. This wouldn't take the place of the game's site, just be a resource for anyone on the game's site. It wouldn't be a problem, and seriously wouldn't be too hard for me.

I want to do this anyways, and besides, it gives me a spot to use my new forum at...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weapons:

- Spears

- Pike (Spear Upgrade)

- Halberd (Pike Upgrade)

- Sword

- Long Sword (Upgrade of Sword)

- Bow

- Longbow (Upgrade of Bow)

- Magic Staff (Magic Spells can not be cast without wielding one)

- Club

- Mace (Upgrade of Club)

- Flail (Upgrade to mace)

- Maul

- Warhammer (Upgrade of Maul)

-

Weapons need to be upgraded at an Armoury, which will be located in Various places around the Map. Items can be bought in their highest form however.

Weapons do wear out after use. The better the weapon, the longer they last.

I am new to this topic and i would really like to help..

But anyway this is a good idea with the upgrades but you shouldnt be able to upgrade them yourself. It should be like level up occurs the weapon upgrades to a better form(same metal though).

As for other ideas for weaon types you can use torches and flaming arrows(will require a certain lvl in something similar to firemaking, finally a use for firemaking!)

as for a town, i can draw a diagram or something....i can't program at all

well, i hope this was useful....

bye now

hmm.

school = boring

me = no notes

me = drawing

you = need towns

Get the whole point?

Since I don't take notes in class anyways :oops: I might as well do SOMETHING useful. Lol, I guess I could do some thinking, drawing, ect. on some towns. Heck, I'll have something up by the end of the night ok?

Just some warning, it will be a kinda poorly drawn one, but the basic idea will be there, so keep an eye out. Might have one in an hour and a half or so.

Note: I will include a key or something so you can decipher the diagram.

Note about the Note: I will have that started after a quick piece of homework :wink:

hey birdboy do you have aim or suttin, we could collaborate on towns, cuz have mine almost done and i dont mean to brag, but it is pretty good so far..... should be done within the hour...

*jots down key points and buildings and other map-like things*

lol

I would help but I don't really know how to do item texture or stuff like that, I can try to figure out though Smile

Aye its tough...

I spent a year preparing...getting programs learning them finding them usless getting better ones...yep....it takes a while to learn...even im still learning

As for a town design in that year of prepaing I made a town...but it needs updating will post in a sec....add to it if you want! Take notes....(in school) no need to fail over a game..../fan site. That is a really good idea! You get control of the fan site! That makes it easier so I dont need to create a manuel!

MisticLegends.com

The "underconstruction" MMORPG

well, here is mine regardless.....i already finished it so might as well let you see

town6la.jpg

Its very small, similar to rimmington, but with more stuff, functionality meets compactability

EDIT: If you want i can add more detailed stuff, just let me know, such as trees, filler buildings (builds that have no real purpose, just to walk around in)etc....

i'll do it, if im qualified

EDIT: Im doing this to aviod spamming, but i downloaded the file and it comes up with a screen, like the runescape box, but nothing else happens, is that supposed to happen, but otherwise the skin is cool

ill be a mod, but u can't really rely on me because im almost always busy

i like to excel in school, and i have a lot of extracurriculra activities, and i work, and my dad wants me to learn something so i can help run his new company, trying to learn to code in html, trying to learn A+ and get certification, and .......'

so do i qualify?

EDIT: i like to draw on the computer so i might be able to put half an hour a day into a town or city, or i might be able to construct a quest, you just name it gandalf, and ill have it done...in a while...

id really like to help :(

TYVM!

Ummm, lets see, the name could be......

New York City :lol: no really... Wasteland maybe?

EDIT:ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, quest designing.....mwahahahahahaha

I'll have a good quest written out in about 30 minutes maximum

I could draw a map on paint or something, or could design quests... if you want. I've also read a lot of medieval history books so I can tell you about weapons and armor and stuff like that.

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

As for making quests and maps why not combine them? When you make your quests include maps!

I would like Everyone to post their suggestions at :

Note im doing a test and im making birdboy60 a mod...if that works I will do ito the rest of you then everyone else that comes wont be one...unless I need another one....

When you are a mod you can edit a post so that way it will be very easy to use/read

Under suggestions for example have 1 quest section with no discussion do that in the general one....Then put all the info at the top of the page and revise it as people add ideas.....That way I spend more time MAKEING the game instead of reading your ideas that are spread out over the pages? Anyone agree?

MisticLegends.com

hey birdboy do you have aim or suttin, we could collaborate on towns, cuz have mine almost done and i dont mean to brag, but it is pretty good so far..... should be done within the hour...

*jots down key points and buildings and other map-like things*

lol

Yea, let me check it really quick, and my map is done. 2 FLOORS! W00T!

Lol, I'll have that up in a minute, not as detailed as yours gandalf, but it's the basic idea, you can add the other stuff. Note: Even included a landing zone for the dragon riders to "park" their dragons while in town. This could maybe be a major city because it is basically designed around skill trades. I'll put that up in my next post.

aye....ive got an idea for a future town once the game is launched! its gonna be massive....I call one of the buildings the: Tri-Tower (wizards,archers,meleers)

Try to post like I said before...on the new fourm but bump this up so new people can find out about this!

By the way im planning on buying that 3d modeling program on saturday!

MisticLegends.com