List of what you would want in a "Runescape"

Im going to use some system to tell a player mod from a normal player...

hmm...im going to think of a symbol for my own guy...

even before the game launches...the name

gandalf the grey..mabye gandalf the white...mabye Aragon...mabye Legalos or Gandalf...

Player mods ~

Get crown (silver...of some sort...

Other people who helped a lot to create the game get a gold crown

I get...a...a....a....kings crown with jewels in it...or something like that

Edit: Wow! 75th post...if I even tried to update the first page it would take hours....

MisticLegends.com

The "underconstruction" MMORPG

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, maybe a safe area where new players can train their skills up to a max of 10 (or level similar) so they don't have to compete with higher level players? Also, with cooking, perhaps make the animals you breed able to be cooked? Example: breed pig, then cook on rotisserie and cut up with cleaver

Also, ability to make various knives with smithing to further supplement cooking, as well as making weapon grade knives. In crafting you should be able to make plates to serve food on (like pork and steak), as well as make clothes and mage robes, which you enchant with magic based on your magic level. Dragon eggs should also be a very rare drop from various dragons. That's about all I can think of now.

EDIT: 2 more ideas: no money cap (or really high money cap) and give player mods more rights

How about that Law staff I mentioned? Lol, maybe...

Also, when I was talking about breeding, I meant that you can cook some animals. Alright, got to go for a bit, be back soon.

I'll post some stuff when I get back. Bye.

give player mods more rights

Good ideas...what do you mean by more rights? What rights do they need?

Sorry, that came out wrong. I meant like more abilities to do things like muting, etc

Instead of runes, lets call them "Runic Tablets" with the type in front of it, for example: Air Runic Tablet(s).

Humans are hard? Well, I don't want to hear how bad a dragon might be... That's going to blow, huh? I mean, all the animation and different appearences. Hey, when can we expect some more screenshots?

I have finals so this week wont see as much progress as before....

Did you test out the file I put up on the site? Tell me if that works on your mac. If anyone has windows test it out to. When you click the link on the first page you go to another website click the start download after putting in the numbers (which is in the upper right cornor)

As for a dragon being harder than a human....I disagree...

Everyone knows what a human looks like so it must be perfect porportionaly... which a dragon you have much more freedom on how it looks...

MisticLegends.com

Im going to use some system to tell a player mod from a normal player...

hmm...im going to think of a symbol for my own guy...

even before the game launches...the name

gandalf the grey..mabye gandalf the white...mabye Aragon...mabye Legalos or Gandalf...

Player mods ~

Get crown (silver...of some sort...

Other people who helped a lot to create the game get a gold crown

I get...a...a....a....kings crown with jewels in it...or something like that

Edit: Wow! 75th post...if I even tried to update the first page it would take hours....

kk, hey would that make me an birdboy a gold crown, ive always wanted one of those things in runescape, lol jkn

ok some ideas

maybe there should be some type of spell which you can use to cook your food, like the superheat for smithing in runescape, and this way you can't burn it, note: you must have the cooking level to cook whatever it is

Hmm, Xplod33, thats actually a great idea and I agree. In RuneScape I am a level 61 chef (not my combat, my cooking) and get annoyed with the fact that certain foods take longer to cook because you have to find a range to cook them on. And that bites when you are like in the middle of nowhere.

The test didn't work on my mac. Maybe you could just send me a link to a screenshot of what it is. Unless there is a program I need to run it. If there is a special program it runs through, tell me and I will try to find a mac version.

Also, I have taken it upon myself to learn runic (this should be fun! :twisted: ) for the runic tablets and scrolls. I WILL know if you try to pull of a little joke by making the stuff swear at us using runic spelling. Lol, jk, but I am learning runic. This will be interesting if nothing else.

Maybe I will post a runic alphabet up or something.

The reason I brought up learning runic is because the "ammo" for the spells (I suggested the name "runic tablets") would maybe have the word written on it in runic. So for example, a fire rune in Mystic Legends would be the word "fire" written in runic on the tablet. They would be stackable and there would be multiple types. In addition, runic scrolls would be basically a condensed written spell, so they take the place of the runic tablets needed.

So for example, I want to cast a basic earth magic spell. I could either have the necessary runic tablets, or the scroll for that spell.

Now you may be thinking: "Why use the runic tablets which take up more space when I could just use a scroll that takes only one space?"

Well, the scrolls would be hard to find/get, semi-rare, and might not be stackable. So, which would you rather have: 3 spaces of stacked runic tablets for a bunch of casts of the spell, or a full inventory of scrolls?

However, if they are stackable, they would be a bit harder to obtain, especially the higher level spells. Not only would you need the scroll and your staff, you also would need the needed level to cast the spell.

I also am suggesting a possible magic "backfire" random event type thing that occasionally your spell will backfire or have a different effect. For example, if you cast an offensive spell, there is a small chance that it will misfire and heal the target instead, or there is a chance that it might hit you or have some strange side-effect on you (you get a temporary protection from melee attacks or the spell destroys some runic tablets from your inventory) that could be as helpful as it could be destructive. However, with the increase in your skills of magic, the chances of your lower level spells mis-firing or backfiring decreases, or the chances of a negative outcome drop. There might still be a chance of a level 1 spell not casting at level 999 magic, but the chances of a bad effect are significantly lower.

Uh, yea.

EDIT: Sure everyone knows what a human looks like more than they know what a dragon looks like (I met one. He liked cheese...) :wink:

but still, with the fact of the different types of dragons (serpent-like, winged, water dragons, komodoo...) there will probably be a bit more work in making them all I meant. Wait, Komodoo dragons aren't mythological... oh well, maybe they could just be a random monster

Monster name: Komodoo Dragon

Level: 52

Hp: 60

Examine: Hey, I thought dragons blew fire!

Drops: lizard skin, bones

LOL, jk!

I like the runic idea, it sounds original, but with an ancient feel. I think there should be a seperate skill for alchemy, which in this case, would be similar to summoning. You would have a magic pen with which you would draw the alchemist's symbol (same thing in full metal alchemist), then you could summon anything as long as you have the correct runic tablets to do so.

Also, even more with alchemy, have a philosopher's stone, which would allow you to summon a monster, and its strength would depend on how many souls of that monster you collected in the stone(once again, similar to full metal alchemist, but with my own twist). The stone probably would be the reward of a quest, similar to Desert Treasure, and would require around 80 alchemy and 50 magic (since alchemy and magic are somewhat intertwined, and this would also keep pure alchemists from growing to their full potential, as the boss monsters would all have protect from mage on, and range would be weak against them).

Oh, and I think I'll read up on runic, sound interesting.

EDIT: pic works on Windows Xp

EDIT (again): I think the ideal runic alphabet would be Elder Futhark, as its simple, small (only 24 letters), and looks ancient and powerful 8).

img10193by.jpg

img10209vo.jpg

A helpful site with English to Rune translator and a second form of the Runic Alphabet. Also has loads of info on uses and some history of runes.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/vikings/runes.html

This place however doesn't have a rune for the letter 'C', which can make it kinda useless in some ways. But still cool.

I like the runic idea, it sounds original, but with an ancient feel. I think there should be a seperate skill for alchemy, which in this case, would be similar to summoning. You would have a magic pen with which you would draw the alchemist's symbol (same thing in full metal alchemist), then you could summon anything as long as you have the correct runic tablets to do so.

Also, even more with alchemy, have a philosopher's stone, which would allow you to summon a monster, and its strength would depend on how many souls of that monster you collected in the stone(once again, similar to full metal alchemist, but with my own twist). The stone probably would be the reward of a quest, similar to Desert Treasure, and would require around 80 alchemy and 50 magic (since alchemy and magic are somewhat intertwined, and this would also keep pure alchemists from growing to their full potential, as the boss monsters would all have protect from mage on, and range would be weak against them).

Oh, and I think I'll read up on runic, sound interesting.

EDIT: pic works on Windows Xp

EDIT (again): I think the ideal runic alphabet would be Elder Futhark, as its simple, small (only 24 letters), and looks ancient and powerful 8).

The one I used is the Medieval (Latinised) Futhark style/form.

Here is the one you like though, just so you can have your say in this one. Maybe Gandalfmight will pick yours over mine. Yea, the pics could have been better, but that was actually me writing in the language. Not as easy as it seems to get everything just right on some... :oops:

But here is an Elder Futhark alphabet with names, symbol, and letters.

runes.gif

The reason I brought up learning runic is because the "ammo" for the spells (I suggested the name "runic tablets") would maybe have the word written on it in runic. So for example, a fire rune in Mystic Legends would be the word "fire" written in runic on the tablet. They would be stackable and there would be multiple types. In addition, runic scrolls would be basically a condensed written spell, so they take the place of the runic tablets needed.

I also am suggesting a possible magic "backfire" random event type thing that occasionally your spell will backfire or have a different effect. For example, if you cast an offensive spell, there is a small chance that it will misfire and heal the target instead, or there is a chance that it might hit you or have some strange side-effect on you (you get a temporary protection from melee attacks or the spell destroys some runic tablets from your inventory) that could be as helpful as it could be destructive. However, with the increase in your skills of magic, the chances of your lower level spells mis-firing or backfiring decreases, or the chances of a negative outcome drop. There might still be a chance of a level 1 spell not casting at level 999 magic, but the chances of a bad effect are significantly lower.

A but if I remember I figured out about the runic alphabet first....gave you the links the letters are called runes....

Runescape has their letters written out on stones because they are "runes"...

Already said somthing like this before...

Quote:

i like the magical fields idea

- and for the exploding arrows, add that to rangeig guide, its a type of arrow that explodes and hits your opponent with the fire and barb

In this magic field strange things happen due to huge ammounts of magic energy being released at the creation the world! Im some areas it is stronger and even tears at the very fabric of time! You may find your self being teleported around the area... and when fighting your sword may start to glow red or your arrows may get hotter and hotter till they melt or burst! And sometimes mage attacks just explode...even the monsters which go into this area come out odd...some with hands for feet and sometimes.....they dont come back again....

So mixing your idea in if the ratio of your level to the spell your casting is to great then the chance of somthing happening in the special magic fields is greatened then say a higher levels doing the same spell.

Edit:

I have a TON of homework....if I have time I will work on the game....

Current people that are getting gold crowns (color subject to change) People will recieve free "membership*" when game launches meaning no adds:

~birdboy60

~mabye Ionian

~If anyone who thinks they should be on it but arnt message me...

*Membership will be forever....or till the game dies...

Edit2: Im emailing it to you now birdboy...

MisticLegends.com

uh, sure, but my idea would be an effect that can happen anywhere. But in that magical field then the chances would be higher of an effect on repeated spells is what I think you are saying... But its up to you. And besides, start small and get big, that's what I've been doing my whole life (lol). I say hold off on some of the bigger game elements that aren't vital to the game being released. Start us off with a few weapons, few types of armor, some spells, ect. and add skills and such as we go. That will make it easy on everyone.

You wont have to program as much.

I wont have to find as many things to model items off of. (I'm not complaining, I can handle it for now)

The players can play sooner.

Everybody wins!

Make potion making more involved...that is, require the use of a fire, cauldron, water, then the ingredients, along with a system in which careful timing to mix the ingredients allow for a better quality potion.

For example, suppose I'm making a potion for healing, which will involve the following items:

1. Flax seeds

2. Bear Meat

3. Flour

To make the potion, I would light a fire, or find an existing fire place, and place a cauldron on top of it, then fill it with water.

Next, I would let it boil (make this take about 10 seconds), and add my flax seeds. When I'm ready to add the bear meat, I wait for the "optimum" time, which can be determined by a "potion bar"; basically, its a bar in which a pointer moves across, and I must attempt to add the ingredient when the pointer is in the correct range of times (listed on the bar). The time would vary for each ingredient and potion, but it would be readily accessible. Once I do that, the timer is reset for the next ingredient. If however, I was too early in adding an ingredient, I may get a raw potion, since it is not completely cooked, can do slight damage to me if I were to drink it, while adding it too late would provide a much lower bonus.

Also, perhaps you can make castle combat a possibility. That is, when you are first created, you join a specific kingdom to which you are initially bound. Each kingdom could then declare war on another, and players can comprise armies leading assualts on one another. This would open a new dimension of team based combat; on one side, the infrantry must work to overcome the massive firepower of a castle and its walls, find a way to over come obstacles like moats, and manage to survive once the castle walls have been penetrated. Meanwhile, the players in the castle must work together to operate the heavy artiliery (catapults, etc.), or line up in formation to use volleys of arrows to halt the enemy. And if they do manage to penetrate the castle walls, you must then shift your strategy and kill the enemy as they enter. Of course, experience would be given per task; if you are simply maging people from a distance, you will get magic experience, where as participating in something like the use of a catapult can give multiple bonuses such as strength (if the stats are similar to runescape), archer/ranging, and construction/carpentry (or crafting to an extent).

Also, the player can contribute money to their home kingdom which would be used to buy new defensive structures (construct a moat, add a spear-wall fence, buy more catapaults, etc.). Also, conquering a castle would afford great riches and more territory for a kingdom. Which leads to my next idea:

Each kingdom would have a certain amount of territory, which is altered as it wins and loses battles against others. This territory can be used exclusively by the members of that kingdom for certain skills like farming or mining. Also, should another player attack a kingdom's player in its territory, guards and such would aid the kingdom's player in fighting back against the oppressor.

Of course, there would be great expanses of neutral territory for use by all, and players can individually travel to different kingdoms to buy exclusive merchandize and whatnot.

Make potion making more involved...that is, require the use of a fire, cauldron, water, then the ingredients, along with a system in which careful timing to mix the ingredients allow for a better quality potion.

For example, suppose I'm making a potion for healing, which will involve the following items:

1. Flax seeds

2. Bear Meat

3. Flour

To make the potion, I would light a fire, or find an existing fire place, and place a cauldron on top of it, then fill it with water.

Next, I would let it boil (make this take about 10 seconds), and add my flax seeds. When I'm ready to add the bear meat, I wait for the "optimum" time, which can be determined by a "potion bar"; basically, its a bar in which a pointer moves across, and I must attempt to add the ingredient when the pointer is in the correct range of times (listed on the bar). The time would vary for each ingredient and potion, but it would be readily accessible. Once I do that, the timer is reset for the next ingredient. If however, I was too early in adding an ingredient, I may get a raw potion, since it is not completely cooked, can do slight damage to me if I were to drink it, while adding it too late would provide a much lower bonus.[\quote]

Awesome idea...your right and it will be VERY easy to code!

Also, perhaps you can make castle combat a possibility. That is, when you are first created, you join a specific kingdom to which you are initially bound. Each kingdom could then declare war on another, and players can comprise armies leading assualts on one another. This would open a new dimension of team based combat; on one side, the infrantry must work to overcome the massive firepower of a castle and its walls, find a way to over come obstacles like moats, and manage to survive once the castle walls have been penetrated. Meanwhile, the players in the castle must work together to operate the heavy artiliery (catapults, etc.), or line up in formation to use volleys of arrows to halt the enemy. And if they do manage to penetrate the castle walls, you must then shift your strategy and kill the enemy as they enter. Of course, experience would be given per task; if you are simply maging people from a distance, you will get magic experience, where as participating in something like the use of a catapult can give multiple bonuses such as strength (if the stats are similar to runescape), archer/ranging, and construction/carpentry (or crafting to an extent).

Also, the player can contribute money to their home kingdom which would be used to buy new defensive structures (construct a moat, add a spear-wall fence, buy more catapaults, etc.). Also, conquering a castle would afford great riches and more territory for a kingdom. Which leads to my next idea:

Each kingdom would have a certain amount of territory, which is altered as it wins and loses battles against others. This territory can be used exclusively by the members of that kingdom for certain skills like farming or mining. Also, should another player attack a kingdom's player in its territory, guards and such would aid the kingdom's player in fighting back against the oppressor.

Of course, there would be great expanses of neutral territory for use by all, and players can individually travel to different kingdoms to buy exclusive merchandize and whatnot.

Hmm sounds like a great Idea for POHs. your house becomes part of the kingdom...

which could be looted...burned etc....

.or it could just be like the castle wars I stated before

This would be added later....

MisticLegends.com

Sounds like a good format for a mini-game, but think of the work that would be involved into just maintaining the status of the kingdoms. Thats gonna require a LOT of time, programming, and space. I mean, consider this:

A player logs on at midnight. Few people will be on, so there is an easier capture task. Rather, make this a mini-game between two sides (like in RuneScape between Saradomin and Zamorak) that players join to play. Rather than it be a large part of the structure of the game, it could be a side detail put in for fun and to have something to do other than skills and monster killing.

Suggestion:

Wild game animals:

Deer

Pheasent

Rabbit (that level 500 one sounds tasty... :twisted: )

Bear

Uses for wild game drops:

Venison: cooked and eaten

Roasted Pheasent: cooked and eaten

Rabbit Meat: tasty food

Bear meat: cooked and eaten

Deer hide: clothing?/armor

Bear skin: rugs (crafting)/can be sold to fur traders

Rabbit pelt: can be sold to traders

Deer antlers: decoration for house, can be made into a weapon?

Bones: can be made into bone arrows

In addition to these uses, maybe it could be a bit of a mini-game where the players get a bow and arrows, then go and hunt a deer and return with antlers. Most antlers in the time-limit wins a special bow and arrow set.

Just some ideas...

Thinking in more "basic"....

I need~

A ore higher than mithryl

Basic wepon Ideas (aka types long sword)

What you think should be in the first launch

Basic Setup for a town...what should be init?

Edit: I will work on the game tomarrow (after some training for lacrosse) For now I must study and do HW!

Pictures of the wepons would be nice....but not needed...(i can just google it)

~Just so you know I dont use the textures and stuff I get off google I make it all myself so there are no copyright issues.

Check out Runescapes update....it means when your out of ideas you have a whole lot of pictures to help you! For example :?: :?: :arrow: :idea:

MisticLegends.com

Thinking in more "basic"....

I need~

A ore higher than mithrylOrichalicum, Platinum

Basic wepon Ideas (aka types long sword)flail, pike, battle axe, pole-arm (long weapon thats a mix of a spear and axe), dagger, mace, Rapier (mainly for stabbing), lances, and for rangers, javelines, bow and arrows, crossbows with bolts of various metals. For armor, you have chain mail, gauntlets, boots, plate bodies and legs, helmet. Mages can buy robes and wizard hats, along with wands/staffs. Rangers can buy fur clothing, such as bear and deer fur, leather, etc.

What you think should be in the first launchbasic weapons and armor up to mythril, bows and arrows, and a small, skippable tutorial

Basic Setup for a town...what should be init?beginner's armory with cheap items, basic foods, a map, and then an Inn for healing (at a fee based on the amount of HP you need to recover). Also, the Inn can restore energy at a faster rate.

Create a small training gym in which you have "masters" who get you started off in each of the skills, up to about 3 levels, teaching you the basics.

Include some NPC's to give hints of the time period, and include a few quests, like two basics, and a slightly more challenging one that ends in a cliff hanger, that will make sure you have a following waiting for an update

also

A player logs on at midnight. Few people will be on, so there is an easier capture task. Rather, make this a mini-game between two sides (like in RuneScape between Saradomin and Zamorak) that players join to play. Rather than it be a large part of the structure of the game, it could be a side detail put in for fun and to have something to do other than skills and monster killing.

easy to remedy: Make it so that a battle can be declared only if there are x number of people on the world, and each kingdom involved has a minimum of y players in each, at a roughly equal number. Also, if you create a set time during which conquests could take place, or place the moderators or such in charge of each kingdom, it just might work out.

kk i like all the ideas so far

by the way an ore higher than mithril...how about plastic, lol no jk..., can't

think of any sorry

weapon types...can't think of any

towns...how about kotir, its a whole village inside a castle, i dont know what is to be in there

anyway gandalf my dad is teaching me object modeling, i might be able to help you in making some objects eg. dragons etc.

i think that at the latest ill be able to make objects by the end of this week

btw. if you need any thing (like research or just looking up pictures) done you just have to ask, i got no school for the time beaing !March

break! so im really bored

I was reading this for the first time and I think it is a great idea :)

But I was also wondering about if you were going to do a skill like Horse Handling?

It could make it so that it takes the horse less time to get there, like you could get it to go faster and control it. You also could make it so it you need a certain horse handling skill level to buy/use a certain horse.

Also how about a skill that could let you dig like areas underground, like tunnels and stuff, in certian marked areas,

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

The horses will go under the breeding/tamming skill.

Hmm interesting idea...digging into tunnels. It would make the game slower...so it wouldnt work but could be part of a quest and there could be an underground nation with a network of tunnels below...

Edit: No it wouldnt make the game slower just thought of how I would program it...

...xplod what modeling program did you use?

MisticLegends.com

I just thought of an idea that might work for a metal: Arconite. It would be like whitish-silver and it could be similar to adament in RuneScape.

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif