List of what you would want in a "Runescape"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok now im back and ive got some ideas

for weapons:

1. how about sabres, thin short swords that deal a really high amount of damage because of the speed at which they're swung and because of how sharp they are

- Cannot be smithed because blade is too thin

- Examine: Could be lethal

2. Spear: really long , handle made out of wood, and tip is made out of metal, very heavy

- can reach over 2 squares

- made using 2 logs for the handle, and 1 bar for the tip

- Examine: BIG, and heavy.

3. Trident: long, more dangerous than a spear, but heavier than a spear

- Made using 1 log, and 2 bars for the top

- Reaches over 1 square

- Examine: An oversized fork!

4. Flanged maces: Same thing as mace but has a chain

- made with 2 bars

- Examine: A ball on a metal rope, hw interesting!

- deals a fair amount of damage, more than a normal mace

5. stileto: almost the same thing as a dagger except longer and thinner, its a double wield (so its 2 stiletos dagger and to attack the person has to stab one at a time, deals dual damage)

- made with 2 bars: 1 for each dagger

- Examine: couldn't think of anything

- deals same amount as a dagger but doubled because there are 2

Ores

1. Odysey: 1 higher than mythral, can be mined in at level 99...thats all, i have to go in about an hour so ill give u basics and then im leaving, be back tomorrow to expand

btw: this is a website i found that a lot of useful animations, clip art, pictures etc.

http://members.tripod.com/~s_man520/gifs.html

ill also give you pictures for all the weapons and ill also give thier bonuses

EDIT: WOOT!!!WOOT!!! 101th post ( is there such thing)

EDIT: 101st post (i think i got that right)

What are you using for modeling?

Edit: What program*?

object modeling, think its java

BTW: at the moment i really don't know much and this chapter is giving me the creep, i dont even understand the english that this author is using, so make that the end of next week, LOL

The problem with pictures is unless you take the pciture they may be copyrighted.... :cry:

I could swear ive seen some of those animations in a german medeival game.

When you start making textures (if you make anything modeling) use THE GIMP best thing ever! and its free!!!!

My idea for the game is low poly = low lag

the higher quality textures will make the low poly items look high poly!

:D

Try Wings 3d I heard somewhere that they used it for halo 2 ( dont think this is possible but I heard it somewhere else) and best of all ITS FREE!! :D :D

MisticLegends.com

The "underconstruction" MMORPG

I was just thought of an ore you might be able to use: orgon, or orgonite and a weapon that could be similar to brass knuckles but with a blade and how about just a normal quarter staff?

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Im gonna call it a night....

Where did you get " orgon, or orgonite " from? Sounds a lot like organs...or oregon....or oragami

:wall: Im really tierd....

Im planning on buying a cheaper (compared to $500) modeling program...for $80.... :D

signing off....

MisticLegends.com

hey, deffinately needs a bank in most city center areas, also needs some anvils near a furncase in at least 1 city, and as for weapons:

CLAWZ!

(yes, i am aware i spelled that with a 'z', it catches your attention more!)

Claws, 2 handed weapon, cant have shield, and as for a ore higer than mith, how about we go with... uh, can I get back to you on that?

And how about for a sweet costume/armor and weapon, a black robes, black hood, and a 2 handed [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] with red on the blade (mwuahahahaha! :twisted: )

See you guys tomorrow.

How about diamond tipping weapons? It would be under crafting and smithing, and you would craft the diamond into tips (or blades), then smith them on to a weapon. Ah, I can imagine it now, Diamond edge scimmies...

Aye I agree but only after ive finished the first part....

by the way duel wielding is allowed im my game! :D Just you have to have double the level to do it...

If its level 1 to wield 1 bronze dagger its level 2 when you can wield 2 of em

That means that the most powerful may not be duel wielded...

aka anything over level 500....but i could change that

Edit: Ionian, could you test out that file? Go to the website (mystic legends) and under updates on the homepage there is a link.(click it) In the upper right cornor there is a space to enter numbers. Enter the numbers shown just left of this box. Then click download. Then could you go to the mystic legends board (or here) and post what happended, if you had problems, if you liked it etc.

MisticLegends.com

Update

Im working on a phpbb forum! It will be the same company that hosts this one...(aka tip.it forum) i think! and NO POP-UPS!!! W0tt W00t

This means people who help out will have moderator status on the forums!

:D

MisticLegends.com

yeah it works on xp, ive tried it

now im trying it on my crappy computer, lets see if it works on win 98

...-.-...

EDIT: i didnt work, gave me an error message

"Failed to open DLL: ( 1 DBProSetupDebug.dll)"

IDEAS

I have written all my ideas up in this report, so I can send them all to you at once. Some of them have been said already, some haven't. I hope some of them will be used.

NAMES

Personally, I feel the name Runescape is boring. It's good to attract members with a good name. A good name should be decided when the games at least been constructed, or in construction. For instance, Frozen Wastes would be a good name if the game was set in Icy terrain. However, we don't know that until we construct the game.

Mystic Legends, the name picked already, seems very good. It seems that this name has already been decided and is set in stone. So unless you'd like more name suggestions, I won't discuss this anymore.

CUSTOMER RELATIONS

I feel the Runescape has made many mistakes as regards to customer relations. They're generally rude, and they don't 'relate' well to customers. They ban them, instantaneously, without any personal explaination. I'd like to see this changed significantly if this new game takes off. Speaking from someone who has experienced the rudeness of the Jagex staff, I wouldn't mind personally sorting this department out. We need to be known as a friendly company. It really helps keep our players.

PAY

As honourable as your idea to make it free for everyone, I feel that it might be hard to do this. Advertising won't bring in enough money to maintain the servers, pay for other expenses. Hopefully this idea will grow, and when it does more staff will need to be hired. Advertising may keep it all going until that point. I'm sure you've considered this point of course, but if you haven't, I thought I'd bring it up.

GAME CURRENCY

A good point of Runescape is the currency and economy. It works well and creates an extra dimension to the gaming experience. I feel the same thing should be at least aimed for on this new game.

BANKS

Runescape basically got this completely right. Banks are good as they are and for healthy gaming, I don't think one should be placed in every town. Travelling a bit isn't that bad. Also adding Interest to money kept in the bank wouldn't be a bad idea.

MERCHANTING CENTER

I think this would ruin the fun of selling and buying player to player. Obviously this isn't my decision but I wouldn't like an implementation like this.

POH's (Player Owned Houses)

These are a great idea. This could be a portal to the player's bank and houses could be traded like items. Players can only do it at an Estate Agent, located in one or two towns. Obviously these houses would be high in price and maybe a completion of a quest would be a good idea before you can buy them. There could possibly be a teleportation spell to a players house. Animals could be kept there freely and equipment for the house could be bought. Players could then sell the house off again for a higher price, thansk to the extra items the house contains.

Renting property could be a possibility. Someone could rent a property and to buy a rental, you have to go the Estate Agent again. You then browse the rental page and pick one. On picking one, you have to have a certain amount of money in your inventory to pay for the initial deposit. They then pay a specified amount a month, picked by the Landlord, and do this by having the money withdrawn from their bank (A note will be sent to them, informing them of where the money has gone).

If a player doesn't pay up, the Landlord has two choices. One is to evict them, two is to give them more time to pay. If they choose to evict them, the evictee will have a red mark left on his name. If a player accumulates three of these, they will be unable to rent property (will still be able to buy). All red marks are erased after three calendar months. There's no way a player can be banned for not paying rent. If a Landlord chooses to give the player more time, the Tenant will be given one more week to pay, and no penalty will be given. If they do not pay, they will be evicted automatically.

TRAVELLING

Walking is boring. Teleporting, riding a dragon or riding a horse is fun. I'll explain more about each one, or how I feel they would best be implemented.

- Teleporting: Pretty much the same as Runescape, except maybe making it a little harder to do so, for instance maybe doing a quest to allow you to do it.

- Riding a Dragon: This would require a high level in a new skill, Taming. Dragon's can be bought and sold. You choose to ride them but have to feed them with Fireseeds, which is an item a purpose implementing. You can choose to fly pretty much anywhere and while riding, a timer will display the Dragon's energy.If it drops below 20 per cent, the Dragon will not fly anymore. Drops to 0 per cent and the Dragon runs away. A certain riding level is required to ride the Dragon.

- Riding a Horse: Similar to Dragon Riding, but obviously certain areas will not be able to be reached, such as islands. Faster than walking but slower than Dragon Riding. Horses require carrots to keep them going. Their energy however, lasts a lot longer than the Dragon's. A certain riding level is required for this.

- Riding a Camel: Same as the Horse only for Sandy areas. A horse won't go to Sandy areas, a Camel won't go to Grassy Areas.

- Riding a Magic Carpet: Firstly, the carpet has to be crafted, which will take a high crafting level. Then the carpet has to be enchanted. It's the second slowest form of travelling. However, it doesn't need any form of energy.

ITEMS

There are items these new ideas would require. Here is a list of the ones I've thought up already. Needless to say, more will be added.

- Fireseeds

- Carrots

- Water (not new, but for camels energy)

- Silver (the currency)

QUESTS

Quests are a great part of Runescape and I think would be a good part of this new game. Quest ideas are as follows:

- Bordon's Voyage: This quest requires you to help Bordon, a pirate, in riding an island full of Ghost's. The Ghost's are not evil however, and once the quest is complete, you can use teleport spells.

- The Merchant: Fiern, the Merchant, is missing and it's the job of the player to find him. They will venture over the lands until they go to the Dragon's Island. Once completed, you can tame Dragon's.

Not many ideas but I will think of more.

MINI GAMES

These are great fun. Some ideas are Hunting (already mentioned), Bank Robbery, Armies, Ship Sailing and other one's, similar to Runescapes.

- Bank Robbery: Basically, the player talks to a robber who's finding it hard to rob a bank. You have to find a way to do so, without being caught of course. If you do, you recieve the loot and an extra bonus. This won't affect any other players' banks in anyway.

- Armies: Players, through their homes, can hire a small Mercenary army of a creature of their choice. Their army must only be of one type of Monster and the better the monster, the higher the cost. The maximum Army number is 50 and the monsters can only help them in the Grand Fight Arena, where armies fight for prizes (such as the Duel Arena is Runescape).

WEAPONS

Metals:

- Iron

- Steel

- Mithryl (Spell it like this)

- Onyte

- Platinum

- Sunyte

- Onyte: Ores can only be obtained by killed Onyx's.

- Platinum: Can only be obtained through mining after the completion of a quest.

- Suntye: To obtain, a high Quary level is needed, the completion of the 'Mystic' Quest and then a mini game must be completed for each ore. The aim is to try and make this ore hard to get.

Weapons:

- Spears

- Pike (Spear Upgrade)

- Halberd (Pike Upgrade)

- Sword

- Long Sword (Upgrade of Sword)

- Bow

- Longbow (Upgrade of Bow)

- Magic Staff (Magic Spells can not be cast without wielding one)

- Club

- Mace (Upgrade of Club)

- Flail (Upgrade to mace)

- Maul

- Warhammer (Upgrade of Maul)

-

Weapons need to be upgraded at an Armoury, which will be located in Various places around the Map. Items can be bought in their highest form however.

Weapons do wear out after use. The better the weapon, the longer they last.

ARMOUR

Same as Runescape Armour, in their respective metals.

If you'd like more, such as cities, more quests, skills, description's on skills etc, just reply to this post with feedback on my ideas.

P.S: I'd really like to be involved in this idea, as you can probably tell.

Sure you can help out! With anything just about:

(This is for everyone else to)

Modeling:

Wings 3d

(create textures from scratch in THE GIMP)

would but i got my exams coming up, my dad wants me to do object mdeling, and ive got a project

:(, sry ill help later

BTW frget about what i said before about making objects for you, i don't think ill have time for the next 1 or 2 months, ill still post any ideas i think of

Half days for rest of week and 9:30 on Friday?!? Pardon my Napoleon Dynamite quote, but:

Luckyy....

Lol that was a great movie.

A small update on my "updates":

The PC is hooked up, running, but can't get online. I am currently investigating the "File sharing via ethernet"... possible solution.

My friend (RSN: Jojo22791) who I know in RL suggested a place called "Invision Boards"? Supposedly it basically a free version of phpBB that is all online, so I will look into that for a possible upgrade to the current forums, and a possible transfer to the phpBB ones if we do go that route.

Also, after some "advertising" (adverstising, gloating, what's the difference?) I may have convinced some friends into helping out. Uh, yea, oh about runic... I am getting pretty good at writing runic, so expect some "real" runic tablets coming up soon. Note: these will have little to no magic powers.

Gonna start looking into these forums. Supposedly they have user accounts on them so we can prevent random spam a bit easier...

My friend (RSN: Jojo22791) who I know in RL suggested a place called "Invision Boards"? Supposedly it basically a free version of phpBB that is all online, so I will look into that for a possible upgrade to the current forums, and a possible transfer to the phpBB ones if we do go that route.

Ahhh, I beat you to it! Im done with it.....will post a link in a sec

Hmm yes i need some basic quests...

What would be a good "first" quest?

MisticLegends.com

I'll devise one up. I'll PM to you gandalf, with the solution etc, so no-one else sees. By the way, I tried downloading the trial thing, just got a screen with Copyright Mystic Legends 2006 dotted all over the screen. anyway to fix this?

Ahhh, I beat you to it! Im done with it.....will post a link in a sec

Hmm yes i need some basic quests...

What would be a good "first" quest?

Dang it!

I just was finishing up...

I mean, I'm just finishing on some ranks, profile stuff, ect. Mine is almost done and is basically an all-online version of phpBB, no downloading needed. Well, maybe I'll just use this one for a fan site or somethin...

Oh well. Oh and Leu, it is supposed to say that. That way no one can take it!

Lol, maybe I should just start making a fansite now, lol. That way we have all the info needed to get set when you release the game. Hey, is release still schedualed for this summer?

PS: I'm serious, I WILL make a fansite, even though I am kinda staff... Well, that adds to the knowledge I guess. :P

Oh yes I know it is, but there's nothing else, just that everywhere. If that's how it's meant to be then that's fine.

A fan site would be good. However, shouldn't we make something directly linked to the site rather than something independant, which a fan site is?

First quest:

Level requirements: level 5 or so to begin, level 10 suggested for ease of finishing.

Quest Start: As you attempt to leave the beginner town, the Guard wishes to see if you have a badge of Passage. You say that you don't, and don't know how to get one. He tells you to talk to an NPC named Examiner. You go to him and he talks about how he has to test to see if people are truly ready to face the dangerous world outside, and must prove themselves. He assigns a series of three tasks.

Task 1: Create a simple defense potion. He requires it to be of a high quality.

Reward: Ability to create defense Potion Plus, which increases defense for longer, but takes longer to brew, requires more items to brew, and the items needed are rarer.

Task 2: Kill three chickens and bring their meat to the examiner

Reward: Ability to cook meats higher than chicken.

Task3: Explore a low level dungeon and return a rusted blade(for warriors), Rotten bow(for rangers), and Broken staff(for Wizards) from within. For now, only two levels of the dungeon are accessible, due to a seal blocking further passage.

Reward: He takes the rusty blade and fashions a Razor Blade from it, a Ranger's Bow fromt he rotten bow, or a Apprentice Staff from the Broken staff. Each of these is more powerful than beginner equipment, but not overly powerful. Also, in later towns, they can be bought.

Final Task: After the three tasks, he asks you to enter the third level of the dungeon and defeat the Giant Tarantuala in there. This is a "boss" battle. The tarantula can attack from a distance by shooting poisonous venom (thus antidotes are recomended), and can trap the player for a few seconds with webshots. However, it has low defense and attack, and should be nothing more than a small challenge to beat. Afterwards, you get a "Spider's Head", which you give to the Examiner, and the quest is over.

Reward: about 1000 Exp in the combat style which you used to kill the Tarantula, ability to buy Razor Blades, Ranger's Bow, and Apprentice Staff from players and shops, and an badge of Passage, which allows you to leave the beginner town.