rares (NOT ranting on the rares...just read the post)

nightfire

I don't think this is the right forum, as i'm not ranting about rares. however i'm having a slight concern on them.

Well, last week i bought a santa hat and based on the tip.it's "rare market" graph, the santa hat stood third place as an oppose to the red and blue masks. but recently though, i see the masks skyrocketing while my santa hat was walking up the ladder like a turtle. now i'm making my own assumptions based off of the runescape forums where price manipulators are everywhere. but i still fail to realize why santa hats aren't shooting up as fast?

in a way, this is both good and bad news. the good news is that i still have time to buy my friend a santa hat. bad news is that it might not worth so much because of the slow price inflations for santa.

anybody got any clues on these types of stuff?

02e32d69f6.png

Currently it seems like the merchants are forgetting about small rares again, with the recent [bleep]e in party hat prices and the sideways fluctuation of small rares in the meantime.

Taken directly from the 'The Rares Market' [tip.it times].

As for clues: avoid investing all your money in rare items.

That makes absoluetly no sense. Wht other method of investment on the game gives returns of up to 300% in under a year? Not many! No offence intended, but it is people like you who always like to play everything 'safe'. There must be no risk involved for you to want to invest into it. Sorry mate, but that aint th way the real world works, and it aint the way the RS world works. You must be prepared to take a risk if you want to make ay money. If you don't, you will trundle along making a steady amount of money for all eternity. Take a risk, and you stand to gain MUCH more than you risk losing.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Lol i remember being offered a blue mask for my santa in aflly a month ago

I really really really really REALLY regret not taking that offer today.

rssig4copy.gif

buying 1 rare and holding it for 4 months, while all ur cash is tied up in it, is perhaps the most stupid thing i can think of to do in game, even if it went up 300k in one month, your holding 5m + of gold for 300k return, or even if it went up 1m, ur still holding ur gold for a month or, long period of time to make what you can make in a couple hours

hmmm lets see here, 700k an hour, or 300k a month hmmmmm i wonder what i should go buy, lets spend alll my gold on a santa, and ill be broke and cant buy anything, but it will be investing. ROFL

also, if ur holding an item for that long, and u quit,, what good was it? what a wasteeeeeeeee

buying 1 rare and holding it for 4 months, while all ur cash is tied up in it, is perhaps the most stupid thing i can think of to do in game, even if it went up 300k in one month, your holding 5m + of gold for 300k return, or even if it went up 1m, ur still holding ur gold for a month or, long period of time to make what you can make in a couple hours

hmmm lets see here, 700k an hour, or 300k a month hmmmmm i wonder what i should go buy, lets spend alll my gold on a santa, and ill be broke and cant buy anything, but it will be investing. ROFL

also, if ur holding an item for that long, and u quit,, what good was it? what a wasteeeeeeeee

if i do quit, i'll give my santa hat to a very very good friend of mine =)

02e32d69f6.png

Theres an ad on TV that I saw recently where a guy buys something at an auction and then asks to sell it off again. It was probably an ad for ebay or something like that. The first thing that came to my mind on seeing the ad was the market in runescape.

When people keep buying some item hoping to make a huge profit on it by selling it the next hour or the next day, dont you think theres something wrong with the economy? Funny thing this greed ...

sig5qf.gif

# 1101 to 99 range on 12-18-05

85 slayer on 12-18-05 with combat at 102;

retired from members since Feb 06.

Back since June 07. 2000+ total.

That makes absoluetly no sense. Wht other method of investment on the game gives returns of up to 300% in under a year? Not many! No offence intended, but it is people like you who always like to play everything 'safe'. There must be no risk involved for you to want to invest into it. Sorry mate, but that aint th way the real world works, and it aint the way the RS world works. You must be prepared to take a risk if you want to make ay money. If you don't, you will trundle along making a steady amount of money for all eternity. Take a risk, and you stand to gain MUCH more than you risk losing.

ok, you spend 5 mil to gain a couple morew mil when you sell it back, that means that you stand to lose much more then you can gain. It seems to me that a constant stream of income is a whole lot better then the chance of losing everything. Actually that is how the real world works, people with steady jobs make money, the majority of people in the stock market lose everything they have ever had.

ok, you spend 5 mil to gain a couple morew mil when you sell it back, that means that you stand to lose much more then you can gain. It seems to me that a constant stream of income is a whole lot better then the chance of losing everything. Actually that is how the real world works, people with steady jobs make money, the majority of people in the stock market lose everything they have ever had.

Exactly. That is the way that the way DOES work, which is why the vast majority of people have steady jobs, with a steady income, with a steady, safe life. Yet they still complain about not having enough money. Why? Because they are too scared to take a risk and go for it.. You will never, ever get rich from a salary or a wage slip. You will get rich by investing, by aquirin assets. These involve risk of course, but it is the only way to break out of the 'rat race' which the majority of the world is in. Granted, if we didn't have these people in the world, the world would not turn, as there would be no workers, so it is perhaps fortunate that most people do not have the financial knowledge, the guts or the faith to make things work fo them.

What I am saying is that there is no way that working for a 'steady income' is better than making an investment. If you choose the steady income, you have 5 mil sitting around doing nothing. Make the money work for you. Invest, and eventualy the price of santas will rise and you have made yourself a profit. Of course, you can still earn a steady income while you do so, adding to your investment funds...

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Well Put. Think about this, I have 2 red h'weens, I bought one in december for 6m, and one last week for 11m. Now they sell for 20m+ each, I doubt I could have made 23m in that time, and when you buy rares, just have around 500k left over and you can still make good money. Just think before you act.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Thinkabout it this way:

Jagex releases the camo gear. In a week, the full set sold for almost 2mil. What would happen if you gave it 5 years? Jagex saw prices being inflated nad made the items non-tradeable. Sure old rares show how long you been playing, but like one guy said, give everyone 3 moths notice than make them untradeable. That way they still show you been loyal. It doesn't matter if you payed 150+M for a phat, no matter WHAT Jagex does, in my eyes, they will piss tonnes of people off.

ue5wr.jpg

Wow...I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

I think since people are bragging about all of their santas, word has gotten out. I think people know that they aren't as rare as once belived, and are buying, knowing it is possible to get a better deal, with some haggeling of course. Just my theory.

thhah.gif

rares tend to go up one at a time, as in santas go up at one time and then masks, and so on. I think santas went up last month alot, not 100% sure but im pretty sure they did. You will just have to wait for the next round.

On that note, I was offered 15k for my prized yoyo, and I refused; I had no idea they were untradeable! I just like yoyos and I was thrilled to get one in RS. No matter what, I tend to treasure stuff I find or get on treasure trails or on the holidays.

Scoutlion