Runescape Versions

Google90

So I've read a few topics about jagex planning to make different lanugage versions. Could this cause a heavy decline of population in the "main" english version? Will it be hard to find translators? When they update the game, do they need to do it version by version or will it all be updated at the same time?

So I've read a few topics about jagex planning to make different lanugage versions. Could this cause a heavy decline of population in the "main" english version? Will it be hard to find translators? When they update the game, do they need to do it version by version or will it all be updated at the same time?

I believe they would just add a bar before you load a server, where you can pick a language, but everyone will still play the same game, even though it would look different for everyone. Could be a little hard to buy and sell stuff if they got different names but... I doubt they would add a new version of the game or such.

Uula.png

I believe they would just add a bar before you load a server, where you can pick a language, but everyone will still play the same game, even though it would look different for everyone. Could be a little hard to buy and sell stuff if they got different names but... I doubt they would add a new version of the game or such.

They cant just "Add a bar"

they will

- release new servers (2 per language at first unless they advertise alot(1 F2P, 1 P2P)

U will be able to chose the server u want to play in and change servers when u want to just like now! (Exactly same system whith more servers)

OR they could

- since they already reserved many domain names, they could release new Runescape sites whith their load of servers

U would be given a chance to change ur language for a limited time (1 month) than stick whith the language u chose

(all languages are updated at same time, same updates, same game everywhere)

OR!!!

- a mix of the 2 above, new runescape sites (http://www.runescape.fr ? ) that ALL gives u access to the same servers whith 2 new servers per language (first system)

in any of those ways, it will be a REVOLUTION

- Lots of new players

- The new players of these new servers will have to make up an ENTIRE communauty! The current communauty slowly builded up from RSC, the next will start whith everything. (They will have to create new words, new FanSites... ect)

And i think jagex is rich enough to hire some good translators :wink:

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

They would keep the players isolated from each other because it would be too easy for a player to get away verbaly abusing another if they were on the same server. As for a decline in the english rs population, most people I know only know one language and because rs is mostly consisted of people under 20 I say not many will leave.

What about server locations?

Chinese server locations would be hard (1,075,000,000 speakers)

so would spanish, as there are 22 speaking countries :oops:

I guess the spanish servers could be addded in Argentina/Chile, Mexico, or one of the carribean Islands? Im sure they would add on in a highly populated US city of hispanics, like boston, miami or los angeles/

You are talking in extremities! As if 1.075 billion people from China are expected to play! I don't think that Jagex would extend its servers to include translated versions, as their customer population isstill booming in just the English speaking countries. They currently have no need. I see them going on the small stock exchange before they extend into translated versions.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

it will swap so speak english it will show german you talk german it will show english

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

it will swap so speak english it will show german you talk german it will show english

Are you saying they'll have a translater for every language built into the game? You do know there are no 'opposite' languages, so anyone speaking english would show as speaking the opposite (as you're saying, german)... right? That would require massive amounts of memory, and would not work, due to slang, misspelling, and other problems.

The idea of 'language servers' however, is smiple. THe servers would be placed in a non english country, and jagex would encourage non english speaking people to use these servers. English speaking people would avoid them due to confusion, and the non english speaking players would have more ease communicating.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids

You are talking in extremities! As if 1.075 billion people from China are expected to play! I don't think that Jagex would extend its servers to include translated versions, as their customer population isstill booming in just the English speaking countries. They currently have no need. I see them going on the small stock exchange before they extend into translated versions.

Just go at http://www.jagex.com

they clearly say they will translate runescape THIS year

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I'm from Spain and luckily my english lvl is as good as to play this game.

Unfotunately, lots of spanish and other spanish speak countries people dont domine the English and many of them dont play runescape cuz they dont understand it and dunno how to play

magikjandro5mu.gif

Thx axeraider for the sig :D

I'm from Spain and luckily my english lvl is as good as to play this game.

Unfotunately, lots of spanish and other spanish speak countries people dont domine the English and many of them dont play runescape cuz they dont understand it and dunno how to play

Yea ive seen a lot of people from spain too

BTW, look at your Total in your signature! AH!!! :x

they clearly say they will translate runescape THIS year

Cough... Player owned houses, anyone?

Of course only ingame text would be translated. With any luck though, players that speak the other languages will flock to the language classed worlds.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids

they would NEVER make the game in any language besides english as the main language

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

They cant just "Add a bar"

they will

- release new servers (2 per language at first unless they advertise alot(1 F2P, 1 P2P)

U will be able to chose the server u want to play in and change servers when u want to just like now! (Exactly same system whith more servers)

OR they could

- since they already reserved many domain names, they could release new Runescape sites whith their load of servers

U would be given a chance to change ur language for a limited time (1 month) than stick whith the language u chose

(all languages are updated at same time, same updates, same game everywhere)

OR!!!

- a mix of the 2 above, new runescape sites (http://www.runescape.fr ? ) that ALL gives u access to the same servers whith 2 new servers per language (first system)

in any of those ways, it will be a REVOLUTION

- Lots of new players

- The new players of these new servers will have to make up an ENTIRE communauty! The current communauty slowly builded up from RSC, the next will start whith everything. (They will have to create new words, new FanSites... ect)

And i think jagex is rich enough to hire some good translators :wink:

why cant they just remake the RS2 in a spanish verson and at the mains screen load either.. English or spanish. i think would help the problem. also Does anyone know a vast amount of people that speak spanish who play, Maybe its because they never talk but i usually never see any.

then again this is another way for jagex to get there name out there.

mysig11sv5.png

it serves no purpose, all the spanish speakers speak english, i doubt more than 100 dont

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned.