Family Banned (Long Read, Sad Story, Help Jagex) -UPDATED

Tosi

I HIGHLY DOUBT it was because you use the same internet. Jagex does not actively search everyones accounts for ips that match to my knowledge, that would be a rediculus waste of time. They would however, if you were reported for account sharing.

What I believe happened, was your brother said something in public or private chat, something like, "BRB getting on my sisters account" or something like that. A random person then reported him probably.

I think part of the "new detection system" that the system flags accounts that are linked from one IP and then the customer support team looks into it from there. What puzzles me is that if my brother was banned for multiple logins, shouldn't an account besides his have been banned for multiple logins? I've pretty much draw conclusions for all the other things but that is one that has been bothering me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for you, that really stinks.

However I think it's normal for companies like JaGeX to make mistakes, and blaming it all on them is not right.

Your brother hasn't done anything wrong, but maybe it's a sign for him to get a bit less focused on a computer game.

But!In this case two errors were made, shortly after another, and both were on accusations completely false.

JaGeX has created a more anti-autoer environement, and people are reporting more oftenly then before.That's a good thing, but JaGeX has problems handling with it (sometimes)

They are keeping the pressure on autoers, but are taking innocents while they are at it.

But it's really a very good thing they are increasingly active on banning, and these errors are inevitable in the proces of getting a complete and full-proof anti autoing programs repelling game.

It's normal for you to react like that, I would too, but it's just human error...try to get your accounts back one last time, or start over again.

Nothing much you can do.

(phew :wink: )

even if jagex had some kind of reason for banning him for multiple logging (which is kind of sketchy from the story), it still doesnt explain the bans jason got twice for macroing. its obvious that some report happy noob saw jason alching the first time and reported him. imagine that, jagex wrongfully banning an account based on a word-of-mouth report that they did not verify, then had the audacity to reply that it was one of their "rarist of occassions". yeah right jagex

its sad that jagex will immediately respond to somebody that reports a rule breaker without checking the facts themselves so often. i mean, why should they think that the person reporting is even honest? and why should they assume that the reporting person even knows the rules or the facts about the incident. then, after they apologise for wrongfulling banning jason for macroing, they turn around and ban him for macroing again

i dont know, chris. maybe you pissed off people and they got revenge by reporting you. its obvious that reporters get more attention from jagex customer support than ban appeals, suggestions, feedback, questions or technical support. that sucks

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

I really feel for you,Now theres no runescape for him he can go out with freinds and stuff ,and get back on track with life its self and not in a computer game made up by hackers and pixels and little numbers that mean B0L0CKS

23 whip pks,3 dhorka,2 ahrims lvl 119 attack 99 strength 99 and defence 92 plus 94 mage

I still believe b l e e d s is your pure, you never once said it was your brothers acc anywhere ive ever read.

Your brother uses your name as an alias? doubtful.

Your friend seems to think your both the same person.

Too much evidence says your lieing, no matter how lame the storys you make up are.

I still believe b l e e d s is your pure, you never once said it was your brothers acc anywhere ive ever read.

Your brother uses your name as an alias? doubtful.

Your friend seems to think your both the same person.

Too much evidence says your lieing, no matter how lame the storys you make up are.

well, im not gona pull a scopes trial here, but the rule is entirely unfair. if i had a lil bro id let him share my account, and im shure hed do the same...

happiehour.jpeg

that stinks he prolly would have been a really good pker with 94 mag

well so many ppl get banned for things they didn't do or because other people are jealous and report u on purpose to get u banned cause there just jealous cause there just not as good as u :cry:

The fact that in the birthday present screenie he says "thank you tosilx aka bleeds" does NOT help your story. Appologies, but now I don't believe it at all...

I'm gonna have to agree with him. I noticed it and was trolling to see if anyone else had already posted about it..

Even if you two account share (which I'm not saying you do), it wasn't the reason they gave for the banning and so I am convinced they made a fluke.

The screenshots both give evidence of the account being tosilx's, theres probably even more vidence behind the scenes that we don't know about, the excuses hes making up for the screenshots are just getting rediculous.

The ban was fair.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

there is alot of weird things with all the screen shots and everything here, raises alot of eyebrows. And what would really be the big deal if he got on his brothers pk'r to go have a little fun and pk some people? they live in the same house, who is really going to know the difference if you jumped on his account to go kill some people? I think the thing that really raised some flags at jagex is the large trades between you and your brothers accounts, like a one sided trade from you to him for 100k nats. To them they probably think its just you playing and your giving stuff to your other account and having them directly interact with eachother. one thing I dont understand is how you got banned for macroing? what where you doing that would cause them to ban you for that? someone said jagex customer service is worse than aol's and I agree, at least you can call aol, instead of trying to cram your thoughts into a weak little 400character message. I'm still tyring to get through to jagex and i think the way they banned me was totally ridiculous, but customer service will not respond to me what-so-ever, and i have no idea what else i can do. Its hard to give up on years worth of work, and I dont plan on it. but from what I've seen so far, I wouldnt hold your breath. I think they are going absolutely crazy banning people. they seem to be on the ban first and ask questions later tip.

one thing I read was that they keep track of the companys that sell runescape gold on the net accounts and ban everyone that trades with them. well isnt this totally backwards? shouldnt they be more concerned that there are websites out there that more than likely have little chinese kids playing runescape all day for pennies so they can sell the gold on the interenet?

on topic: all i can say is be persistant and see if you can manage to get through to them, ive done everything i can thing of short of calling them. mainly because finding their phone number is like trying to find your favorite celebs phone number.

smallsig2.jpg

RS name- Lunar3klipse, banned 3-16-06: found out theres a new appeal system, I get an extra appeal, fingers crossed.

BTW: Ill give someone a serious dollar, if I can use more than 30kb for a sig size :/ its my hosting for crying out-loud.

there is alot of weird things with all the screen shots and everything here, raises alot of eyebrows. And what would really be the big deal if he got on his brothers pk'r to go have a little fun and pk some people? they live in the same house, who is really going to know the difference if you jumped on his account to go kill some people? I think the thing that really raised some flags at jagex is the large trades between you and your brothers accounts, like a one sided trade from you to him for 100k nats. To them they probably think its just you playing and your giving stuff to your other account and having them directly interact with eachother. one thing I dont understand is how you got banned for macroing? what where you doing that would cause them to ban you for that? someone said jagex customer service is worse than aol's and I agree, at least you can call aol, instead of trying to cram your thoughts into a weak little 400character message. I'm still tyring to get through to jagex and i think the way they banned me was totally ridiculous, but customer service will not respond to me what-so-ever, and i have no idea what else i can do. Its hard to give up on years worth of work, and I dont plan on it. but from what I've seen so far, I wouldnt hold your breath. I think they are going absolutely crazy banning people. they seem to be on the ban first and ask questions later tip.

one thing I read was that they keep track of the companys that sell runescape gold on the net accounts and ban everyone that trades with them. well isnt this totally backwards? shouldnt they be more concerned that there are websites out there that more than likely have little chinese kids playing runescape all day for pennies so they can sell the gold on the interenet?

on topic: all i can say is be persistant and see if you can manage to get through to them, ive done everything i can thing of short of calling them. mainly because finding their phone number is like trying to find your favorite celebs phone number.

Yeah, it does cause some suspicion, but I believe that you are another victim of Jagex's horrible customer service..

It still stuns me that I was banned for macroing.

Let me repeat, I was banned for macroing and yet my skills hardly differ (36 slayer) from when I played RS1.

Unless I 'macroed' those 36 slayer levels... It seems I haven't really been macroing at all.

UNLESS of course I managed to make a super advance auto staker bot that just sat around world 2 or 18 trying to stake people.

/sarcasm

I got a idea for everyone that doesnt want to get banned like that. I thought of this way while I was browsing the forums. So If you would like to know message me. Im sure this way is safe for you and your siblings and its not against the rules ? :lol:

Give me a pm on here :D

~*~ Red Phat Ftw ~*~

Rsn: Lady_Salleh -F2P atm

Im 19 and have a 11 year old brother and a 13 year old brother that play RuneScape if i ever get a ban like this i will walk down to JaGeX 11 Sturton Street, Cambridge, CB1 2SN, UK and kick some JaGeX BUM BUM!!!! **$ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã**%

P.S i may have to take the car Cambridge is a bit far for me :oops:

I got a idea for everyone that doesnt want to get banned like that. I thought of these two ways it while I was browsing the forums. So If you would like to know message me. Im sure this way is safe for you and your siblings and its not against the rules ? Laughing

LadySalleh why can't you just tell us, i mean message you what are you up to?

Take this as a sign, tell your brother to stop spending so much time on a dumb computer game. He shouldn't of broken the rules so tough.

Lol, makes you wonder why Zezima isn't banned for macroing then? Don't you think? I mean long before RS2, regardless what time you logged on, oh hey look.. what's that? A MACROER?! OH, wait, it's just Zezima.

It's a real shame the two of you got banned, Jagex makes alot of mistakes, usually they tend to get ignored.. I've had a few problems of my own with them, they all got solved in due time, although each time to a certain price.

I swear to god, Jagex needs to take a look whenever they ban somebody, and they've gone ban-crazy... -Droolman- -limparse- and many others... ive been banned once for offensive language when i never said anything, and jagex didnt have proof, my friend has been banned 3 times for offensive language, 2 of which he didnt do anything + no proof from good 'ole jagex :roll: ...... and pretty soon they will ban me because OH NO! i have numbers in my name! :wall: ... with all the automated responses given looks like jagex needs to ban themselves for autoing :idea:

Omg i didnt know i could get banned if my lil bro and me play at teh same time. We have computers in every bed room and all linked to the same router sharing obviously same ip.

My account was hacked earlier so i had to play for 2 days in a roll so the hackers couldnt log in to steal my account. Omg playing that long can also get me banned?

They made this game addictive and if you are addicted they will ban you for being addicted becayse i am playing this game for too longer hours?

No wonder a player mod message me pretending to be asking for help and favour. When i replied she said to me dont worry her friends helped her out.

Btw my dad also plays :) so we have three computers sometimes running the game but dad plays like 2 weeks out of the whole year.

Well ultima online here we come again :) <--- my first favourite game when dad introduced it to me whe i was 12 yeah that was like 9 years ago.

Oh i forgot i also play with pub chat off and luckily i had her on my friendly list when she private message me for help.

Just incase, not saying it did happen but if my sister and me played on the same account will we get banned?

I usually don't post... or even read these forums, but one of my friends said something about TosilX, and this thread being hillarious... Of course I've had my run-ins with TosilX... I don't play rs anymore, so I'll come out with it... ALL of it. Near the end of my RS "career" I suppose you could call it, I began heading down the black market path. I came across a lot of rs money (at the time about 115M, now it'd be around 330M), and was planning on selling the mils. If any of you wanna try this, I just have to say DON'T TRY IT! It's not worth it. I sold maybe 8M and I got scammed out of a red phat, d-chain, and a few mils. Not worth it. But here's where this part comes in. A person I met on ventrilo was willing to give me one of his accounts (he had at least 4), if I would let him borrow a Dragon Chain for a few days until he sold one of his accounts. Well... I let him. He gave me the TosilX and recoveries... but guess what!? The recovs didn't work, and he stole the account back along with the d-chain. Hrm... go figure. At the time I was still rich and had two d-chains, so it wasn't too big of deal. The reason I did it was to try rune mining. I don't beleive this story one bit... He was an [wagon] on vent, scammed me out of 28M, and actually gave me this account at one point. You'd think Jagex would notice the IP changing from one place in the US to Alaska in about 10 seconds. But TosilX SHOULD be banned for account sharing, account trading, and real life item trading. If I remember correctly he also keylogged people... but that part I cannot confirm. There were a lot of people on that vent who keylogged and I have a hard time keeping the straight after over half a year of not talking to any of them...

Anyone remember the swift-switch.net keylogging scam? Those were some of thet people from that vent whom TosilX associated with, and called his "friends". Don't pity this kid, and moreover, don't give him any of your hard-earned money/items.