Janchuks guide to Splitbark armour and shade burning (AOW)

janchuks

Guide to getting splitbark armour

!Note! This minigame can be done only in world 2, because that's the only world where are people who are reinforcing the temple

Although there are exceptions like if you go with your clan

I What you need

Although there are many options, but I'll write that what I suggest

1. Quests

•  
Priest in peril Needed to get to the west from temple

Nature spirit Needed to be able to get into swamps

In Search of myreque Needed to be able to start In aid of myreque

In aid of myreque Needed to be able to use the burgh de rott bank

Haunted mine Needed to be ale to use Salve amulet

Shades of Mort'ton Needed to be able to burn the shades, repair temple and enter the shade dungeon

2. Skills

If you realy want to get lots of fine clothe I suggest

At least 65 Firemaking

90+ cmb (melee)

also correct me if I'm wrong, to be able to repair temple you need 35 crafting

3. Items

At the begining about 10k gp

Full guthan (you can also take any other armour but with guthan you won't need food)

Salve amulet (increase attack and strength when fighting versus shades by 15%, you can get it after completed Haunted mine quest)

Flamtaer hammer (can be baught at Mort'ton general shop, increase the temple repairing speed)

If you don't take guthan, than take Gadderanks hammer, it's the best weapon against shades, max hit with 99 str is 50!

II Maps

map14it.png

This map has been made by myself so please don't complain

Legend:

Green - Burgh de Rott bank

Yellow - Mort'ton general store

Red - Temple

White - Entrance to shade dungeon

Blue - Shade funereal

III Getting Sacred oil

Items needed:

Flamtaer hammer, Money (with 10k it will be enough)

Before doing any shade slaughtering you need to get Sacred oil

1. Got to the Razmires (Mort'ton general shop) and open builders store

razmirebuilder6cg.gif

2. Buy Planks, Swamp tar and limestone bricks, so that you have:

1 Plank : 1 Brick : 5 Swamp tar

or

2 Plank : 2 Brick : 10 Swamp tar

I hope you understood me

3. When you have bought the building materials, and you have flamtaer hammer, go to the temple, and start repairing it.

Repair it so long till all your building materials have gone to the "resources"

After that go again to the building store and buy agian the materials and go again to the temple

Repeat this until you have about 80% resources

You can see how much resources you have, by looking in right upper corner of the game screen (note: you can see how much resources you have only, when you are repairing the temple, or killing the shades near temple!)

4. So you have got about 80%, now go to Razmires and open general store

Buy full invent of olive oil and make those potions all 4 dose, so that you have "Olive oil (4)"

Buy them and make them (4) till you have full inventory of them and flamtaer hammer

5. Now go to the temple and start reinforcing it.

While reinforcing you will lose your "resources", but you will slowly achieve "Sanctity"

6. When you have got about ~60% sanctity, use your olive oil on the Holy fire (it's usualy lit)

Each olive oil will "use" 3% from sanctity

You can't bless olive oil, if you have less than 10% sanctity

7. After you use your olive oil on holy fire altar, it will turn to Sacred oil (4)

after all your inventory is full of sacred oil potions go to Burgh de Rott bank and store them.

8. Now repeat all this proces until you have at least 100 sacred oil (4)

IV Pyred logs

Items needed:

Sacred oils, Logs (from regular till mage (depends on your firemaking level))

Now you must make pyred logs, which log to make, that depends on your firemaking level

Better log taked more doses from sacred oil, but with better log you will be able to burn better shade, open better chests and get higher chance of getting fine clothe

Firemaking level 5-19

You need to get regular logs

When you will use sacred oil on log, each log will need 2 doses, and it will turn to pyred log

With this log you will be able to burn Loar shades

You will get 50 firemaking expierence

Firemaking level 20-34

You need to get oak

When you will use sacred oil on log, each log will need 2 doses, and it will turn to pyred oak log

With this log you will be able to burn Loar, Phrin shades

You will get 70 firemaking expierence

Firemaking level 35-64

You need to get willow logs

When you will use sacred oil on log, each log will need 3 doses, and it will turn to pyred willow log

With this log you will be able to burn Loar, Phrin, Ryil shades

You will get 100 firemaking expierence

Firemaking level 65-79

You need to get yew logs

When you will use sacred oil on log, each log will need 4 doses, and it will turn to pyred yew log

With this log you will be able to burn Loar, Phrin, Ryil, Asyn shades

You will get 255 firemaking expierence

Firemaking level 80-99

You need to get mage logs

When you will use sacred oil on log, each log will need 4 doses, and it will turn to pyred magic log

With this log you will be able to burn all shades

You will get 404,5 firemaking expierence

I highly suggest to get at least 65 firemaking and burn ONLY Asyn or Fiyr shades

After this step you should have (If you gathered 100 sacred oil (4)) 100 pyred yew/mage logs

V Shade killing and shade burning

Items needed:

Full Guthan, Salve amulet, Tinderbox, Pyred yew/mage logs (If you dont have guthan, then food)

Take from bank yew/mage pyred logs as notes, also take some money, you will sell logs, and after that buy them in general store

All shades:

Loar, lvl - 40

shade15sr.gif

Phrin, lvl - 60

shade21tf.gif

Riyl, lvl - 80

shade36vj.gif

Asyn, lvl - 100

shade40sr.gif

Fiyr, lvl - 120

shade50gn.gif

Now go and kill 1 loar shade, sell and rebuy one log, and burn the shade in funereal

Simply, first use pyred yew/mage log with funereal, then use shade remains with the funereal, and then light it up

You will get bronze key

Now go to the shade dungeon

Map (taken from runescape.com)

tombmap8ct.jpg

Go and kill now Phrin shade, burn the remains and get the steel key

Now kill Riyl shade, burn it and you will achieve black key

If you have only 65-79 firemaking, you must stop here

if you are 80+ firemaking, then kill few asyn shades, and burn them until you get silver key

Now if you have 65-79 firemaking, kill about 12-15 asyn shades, if you have 80+ firemaking then kill the same amount of Fiyr shades

Now go and burn them all, you should get from asyn black and silver keys, from Firy - only silver keys

While burning shades, you will also get prayer expierence:

Loar - 33

Phrin - 46,5

Ryil - 59,5

Asyn - 82,5

Fiyr - 100

After you have got the keys, go back to the shade dungeon and go to the black or silver chests (depends on what shades were you killing)

Open the chests

Here is what you can get from them:

Black chests:

Coins, Swamp Paste, Fine Cloth, Level 2 Clue Scroll, Nature Runes, Death Runes, Flamtaer Hammer, Willow Logs, Yew Logs, Ruby Ring, Amulet of Magic, Staff of Air, Staff of Earth, Staff of Water, Staff of Fire, Steel Skirt, Black Chainbody, Black Kiteshield, Black Square Shield, Black Platelegs, Black Full Helmet, Black Battleaxe, Black 2-Handed Sword, Mithril Kiteshield, Mithril Full Helmet, Mithril Platelegs, Mithril Square Shield, Mithril Chainbody, Mithril Scimitar, Mithril 2-Handed Sword, Mithril Warhammer, Mithril Battleaxe, Mithril Mace, Mithril Longsword, Adamant Medium Helmet, Adamant Scimitar, Adamant Sword, Adamant Axe.

Silver chests:

Coins, Swamp Paste, Fine Cloth, Level 3 Clue Scroll, Death Runes, Blood Runes, Battlestaff, Yew Logs, Magic Logs, Amulet of Power, Diamond Ring, Flamtaer Hammer, Mithril Plateskirt, Mithril Platebody, Black Platebody, Black Spear, Adamant Chainbody, Adamant Full Helmet, Adamant Platebody, Adamant Platelegs, Adamant Plateskirt, Adamant Square Shield, Adamant Kiteshield, Adamant Spear, Adamant Spear (p), Adamant Battleaxe, Adamant 2-Handed Sword, Adamant Longsword, Adamant Warhammer, Rune Chainbody, Rune Medium Helmet, Rune Sword, Rune Scimitar, Rune Longsword.

Remember!

Always leave one from each of the keys - 1 bronze, 1 steel, 1 black, also 1 silver if you are 80+ firemaker

Now when you have opened all the chests, go to the general store and sell all the items you have got, there is no point from high alchemy, because the shop buys EVERYTHING for high alchemy prices

If you were lucky you got some fine clothe

Now repeat this proces until you have run out of pyred logs

Store the keys and fine clothe in bank

At this moment you should have earned few (like 200k+) gp

NOTE: For full splitbark you need 11 Fine clothe, so repeat this proces until you have them

VI Obtaining Bark

Items needed:

axe

Get back to canifis, and withdraw from bank Woodcutting axe, go to north east exit, after exiting canifis turn to south east and find trees called "hollows"

When you find them, chop them

Get as much barks as much you have fine clothe in bank

VII Splitbark armour

Items needed:

11 Fine clothe, 11 bark, less than 77k gp

Go to the wizard tower, south from draynor village and climb up to secound floor

There will be mage suited in splitbark armour, talk to him and buy splitbark pieces:

Helm - 2 fine clothe, 2 bark, 6'000 gp

Greaves - 1 fine clothe, 1 bark, 1'000 gp

Gauntlets - 1 fine clothe, 1 bark, 1'000 gp

Legs - 3 fine clothe, 3 bark, 32'000 gp

Body - 4 fine clothe, 4 bark, 37'000

That's all, hope this will help you

I hope I don't have too many spelling mistakes (English isn't my born language)

I hope this will be added to Arhive of wisdom

~Janchuks, proud owner of full splitbark

asyn shades are SAID to give 89 prayer exp

not to mention gettin 200+ oils and stuff SUCKS im currently getting 660 pyred yews and asyn shdes for 1 prayer 1 firemaking, then the $ from alchs and splitbark armor to buy 80 firemaking

just keep 1 silver key... and kill 1000 lvl 120 shades and bank them...

get 1000 oil (enchanted them and bank them), and buy or cut 1000 mage logs and make 1000 mage pyre logs... (at the bank)

burn 1000 shades and bank the keys...

after that walk about 45 times with 20 keys and some food (and alch runes) to the chests...

all you get:

100k prayer exp

400k fm exp

lots of cb exp

a not bad amount of crafting exp

and 800+ keys to get loot (coins to rune)

you can save millions on dragon bones, and get allot exp...

its worth the money on mage logs... and food on killing the shades...

~jwrm22~

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

nice Guide, maybe I will check it again somtimes soon (havent been there since the Quest came out)

Sir Krohan- 138 - 2696 (2886)

Goals

Attack 112/120 || Strength 112/120 || Defence 112/120 || HP 114/120
Ranged 110/120 || Magic 104/120 || Prayer 103/120 || Slayer 114/120

All Skills 10127/27 || All Skills 102+ 25/27 || All skills 103+ 24/27
All Skills 10420/27 || All Skills 10513/27 || All skills 10611/27

288th to reach 85 Slayer & 144th to reach 90 Slayer

perhaps you can include the gadderhammer (obtained from "In aid of the Myreque" quest in there?

It is said to OWN shades...

I know, I've seen those pics of 50s, but I wrote what I use, although I'll put it in

Firemaking level 80-99

When you will use sacred oil on log, each log will need 4 doses, and it will turn to pyred yew log

You might want to change that to 'turn to pyred magic log'. Sorry for picking on a mistake but with such a big guide a mistake slips through pretty easily.

Really really good looking guide, I've allways wanted to check on shade burning but never knew where to start. The fact that I had a really hard time finishing the quest because no one was rebuilding the temple didn't really encourage me to get back there.

One thing I don't get though: during the quest I obtained two bronze keys, one is all bronze the other is 'red bronze key'. What does this mean? Are the chests color coded or does it have another function?

You mentioned making a profit while doing this, is it enough to buy the mage logs and repair your Guthans and still break even, or do you lose money but gain more xp then d bones would get you for that loss?

Nice looking guide, I'm surely bookmarking it, maybe it should go in the archive of wisdom?

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

Some people are trying to get a regular temple building process on world 42 at like 2-8 pm EST.

They were there last week, hope they still keeping it up.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

How much money worth do you think you average out of the lvl 120 shades? Say I burned 100 shades (120). Not counting fine cloth, how much money do you think I would average each? 10K? If that works out that way, that would be sweeeet! I could make money while training there :).

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

How much money worth do you think you average out of the lvl 120 shades? Say I burned 100 shades (120). Not counting fine cloth, how much money do you think I would average each? 10K? If that works out that way, that would be sweeeet! I could make money while training there :).

Its around 4k a log/shade not counting splitbark armour or the nats to alch the addy rune stuff.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Firemaking level 80-99

You might want to change that to 'turn to pyred magic log'. Sorry for picking on a mistake but with such a big guide a mistake slips through pretty easily.

Really really good looking guide, I've allways wanted to check on shade burning but never knew where to start. The fact that I had a really hard time finishing the quest because no one was rebuilding the temple didn't really encourage me to get back there.

One thing I don't get though: during the quest I obtained two bronze keys, one is all bronze the other is 'red bronze key'. What does this mean? Are the chests color coded or does it have another function?

You mentioned making a profit while doing this, is it enough to buy the mage logs and repair your Guthans and still break even, or do you lose money but gain more xp then d bones would get you for that loss?

Nice looking guide, I'm surely bookmarking it, maybe it should go in the archive of wisdom?

I didn't included key colors, because I thought that's simple to understand

When you will enter the shade dungeon, there will be many rooms, and in each room (except after silver doors) will be 5 chests, each will have it's own color

red, brown, light red, black, purple

from red is smaller chance to get fine clothe, and from purple is the best chance to get fine clothe

Its around 4k a log/shade not counting splitbark armour or the nats to alch the addy rune stuff.

Thanks. That means that 1k Shades=3m profit :D :lol:

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg