The baby basilic

ulysse88

Feel free to post ur ideas here.

I think I have the solution but i'm not sure. Anyway, here is my idea

1. Go to Zanaris (fairy city)

2. Get the egg from the statue of the chicken.

3. Go in Lumbridge caves ( with a lantern... No candles!!!)

4. try to use this egg with a giant frog. (dont forget a mirror shield :P )

I just think about that. (greek mythology)

I'm almost sure it's something like that.

Please try it...

Ulysse88

Feel free to post ur ideas here.

4. try to use this egg with a giant frog. (dont forget a mirror shield :P )

I just think about that. (greek mythology)

I'm almost sure it's something like that.

Please try it...

good idea, couple things to consider thoug.

Basilisk is serpent not frog by greek mythoology.

The most common mythology of birth of basilisk is from crushed viper(venomous snake) egg wound with a spider web

I'll copy this from the other thread...

(you know...the one we should be using because it was here first)

Jagex is guilty of using MANY references to Harry Potter in their game. In one of the HP movies, Lord Voldemort is holing a snake, which we later find out is a baby Basilisk. Somebody go kill snakes. (Try ALL snakes...don't forget about the new ones, and also the ones on Crash Island.)

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I'm 90% sure of what needs done for the quest...and that's just wait for them to actually add the baby basilisk and then go to it where it'll be by the other basilisks and kill it? Seriously if it hasn't been found in over 14 hours yet chances are it's not out yet.

captain_poet.png

I'll copy this from the other thread...

(you know...the one we should be using because it was here first)

Jagex is guilty of using MANY references to Harry Potter in their game. In one of the HP movies, Lord Voldemort is holing a snake, which we later find out is a baby Basilisk. Somebody go kill snakes. (Try ALL snakes...don't forget about the new ones, and also the ones on Crash Island.)

I haven't noticed any references from Harry Potter Jagex uses. The Jagex Basilisk is more in tune with what I considered a basilisk, and the Harry potter basilisk, I consider a big snake with a fancy name. But they both get ideas from the same lore and mythology. Anywhere that uses mythology and medieval style monsters are bound to have some simularities.

I've even seen some people wondering why Jagex isn't sued for stealing ideas from Harry Potter and other popular culture things because of using creatures with similar names, etc. But the names and personalities/traits of these creatures have been around for centuries, warped and bent with time.

So if someone says Jagex steals the unicorn's healing ability from harry potter (the blood in the HP books, and the horn in runescape), I'd say that Jagex was more true to the lore, since the horns of unicorns are supposed to have healing properties. Or at least that's what norsemen said to europeans when they sold them narwhal tusks. (if you see something that looks like a unicorn horn, it's likely a whale tusk) The ideas of the creatures have been around for a long time. They just haven't been mainstream.

Anyways, I'm just randomly babbling.

With all the people trying, I'm sure if somebody got one off the smaller basilisk, we would've heard it by now.

Jagex probably just messed up something and we can't get it, or there's just somewhere/something nobody's figured out yet.

My guess is the former...

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Mod Ash

Jagex Mod

11-Apr-2006 09:48:19

As you'll have noticed, there's no such thing as a baby basilisk. These monsters were dropped from the Slayer skill before its release, and they've never appeared anywhere in RuneScape.

We'll be doing an update in the next couple of hours (hopefully) that should change the quest to require the bones of normal adult Basilisks, the sort you find in that dungeon south-east of Rellekka.

We're really sorry about this.

We can stop going crazy now.

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being