The future of rares

Google90

Within the next 4-5 years I expect Jagex will release RS3. :lol: I agree with Chewy, I have been waiting for another dupe to come along and ruin the market. It won't affect me as I never trade/sell rares although I have a few which I luckily picked up during the holiday drops and kept. :)

If there's another dupe..I hope that Jagex has the sense to roll back...

As for phats in the future? They will probably skyrocket in price, and hit the 2b money cap.

As for rune becoming a standard in RS? Not likely, as it has limited usefullness. (BTW, the price of rune will never fall to 50k, cause of high alching.. :? )

Rares will always be a central part of the RS economy. The prices will keep going up. They're too important to the paying customer base for JAGEX to tamper with. During the next few years, newer, better games will lure the vast bulk of RS players away. Whether it's a new version of RS or another MMORPG, I doubt whether RuneScape as we know it now will exist in its current incarnation in 5 years time.

Gaelforcwynd.png

Rares will still be tradeable without a doubt. The price will just rise very high on some of them, and if someone feels like selling one they will obviosly lower the price to that of the highest buyer. :?

People who want to sell them won't just stand and wait for an extreme offer, they will have it just above when the highest offer is to make some money. :lol:

All I can say if buy your rares now people. :wink:

I know I am.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

the rare market on jagex is so unique that it is one of the major reasons i play it. I dont think any other online game has a market like it. There fore having rares tradable keeps and bring many people to play the game. Although people may alch them or die every once in a while... i think sometimes people underestimate how many rares there actually are. For example theres always those people that hold them to sell later on.. i see every so often people selling 2 party hat sets.. and several santas. Not to mention crackers are still around about 4 years ago which are very easy to get rid of seeing as all u do is pop them open.

- so i think rares will be around for a verrrrry long time :wink:

I say we should all forget about partyhats and be given the ability to dye our Tiaras. A long time ago (2 years back?) I bought a pink p-hat for 3.9 and sold for 4.6 and never dealt with it again. When I came back to Runescape a few weeks ago I saw the insane prices and I was depressed.

Then I saw the tiaras. And I was happy again. And I didn't care about p-hats anymore because tiaras are prettier than p-hats. :]

(Now I just wish to be able to use my purple dye on this uncharged tiara...)

I am a tree.