Classic Rockers: UNITE!

xenogold

im just wondering how many fans we have of the greatest music to ever exsist. Bands that have changed everything music is about like led zeppelin, pink floyd, or black sabbath.

so just talk about whatever you want, as long as it relates somehow to the wonderful thing that is...ROCK! speech>

:D

I'm Definitely a fan! I really don't listen to any modern rock, i just find it annoying, no comparison to '70s-'80s era of music. My favorite band's probably Queen, but i like most classic rock bands. Any other Queen fans?

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Indeed.

I like Sabbath, Queen, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, Styx, among others.

Aww yeah Styx is awesome...anyone like Thin Lizzy? First rock songs i ever heard Boys are Back in Town and Cowboy Song... 8)

I've been pretty into Journey lately too, and Deep Purple, i really like Woman from Tokyo and Smoke on the Water

klaatu-tabs.jpg

I am for sure a classic rock fan :D

Almost all the bands I like are 70's and early 80's.

Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd and The Who mainly. Some more recent, but still good: Dire Straits, AC/DC, The Police etc etc etc :wink:

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

I'm Definitely a fan! I really don't listen to any modern rock, i just find it annoying, no comparison to '70s-'80s era of music. My favorite band's probably Queen, but i like most classic rock bands. Any other Queen fans?

i definatly agree with you there, i have tried to listen to the modern rock bands that are supposed to be incredible...but to me, none of them can even hold a candle to the music from back then.

Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd and The Who mainly. Some more recent, but still good: Dire Straits, AC/DC, The Police etc etc etc :wink:

hmmmm...i like all the bands you mentioned (except for Pink Floyd, just can't really get into them), but AC/DC started around 1970, with Bon Scott as lead vocals. In my opinion Bon Scott was way better than the vocalist now, Brian Johnson, but Johnson's still pretty good. If you haven't listened to any older AC/DC definitely give it a try! Highway to Hell, TNT, Dirty Deeds, It's A Long Way to the Top, all great older AC/DC songs.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

hmmmm...i like all the bands you mentioned (except for Pink Floyd, just can't really get into them), but AC/DC started around 1970, with Bon Scott as lead vocals. In my opinion Bon Scott was way better than the vocalist now, Brian Johnson, but Johnson's still pretty good. If you haven't listened to any older AC/DC definitely give it a try! Highway to Hell, TNT, Dirty Deeds, It's A Long Way to the Top, all great older AC/DC songs.

i could never really get into AC/DC too much. i think they are good for a listen every once in a while, but to me they sound too generic and repetitive. They just never really interested me that much...but truthfully, they were one of the earlier bands that started getting me into rock... so i have a slight sentimental connection with them. But apart from an occasional listen to thunderstruck i cant really handle em.

better than the vocalist now, Brian Johnson, but Johnson's still pretty good. If you haven't listened to any older AC/DC definitely give it a try! Highway to Hell, TNT, Dirty Deeds, It's A Long Way to the Top, all great older AC/DC songs.

I agree. I like Bon Scott better also. He almost.. growls out the songs. Y'know? Like, that waiting 'round to be a millionaire song.

Anyone like Jethro Tull? Or Heart? They're pretty damn good too.

thesip2.jpg

It really has

60's have got my preference, 70's are pretty good as well, don't really like the 80's.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I'm a big fan of Thin Lizzy and Ted Nugent. I also really like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath etc.

Ted Nugent? Any one? He's great.

2009rb9.jpg

I'm a big fan of Thin Lizzy and Ted Nugent. I also really like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath etc.

Ted Nugent? Any one? He's great.

What's your favorite Thin Lizzy song? I like Cowboy Song, Jailbreak, Boys are Back In Town.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

The Boys Are Back In Town is a brilliant song, especially the lyrics... however, it's very overplayed. I still love it though. I also like Angel Of Death, Got To Give It Up, This Is The One, Cold Sweat, Get Out Of Here, Don't Believe A Word, Waiting For An Alibi, Dancing In The Moonlight, Soldier Of Fortune, Black Rose etc.

I like most of their songs. :P

2009rb9.jpg

I like the old stuff and the new stuff, best thing about all the old school music is the countless guitar solo's in each song. :)

123 Combat / 1900 Skill Total / 99 HP / 7x 99 Stats

Yep I just remembered they are 70's. Back in Black was made in 1981, as a "mourning" album for Scott's death, how could them be 80's :wink:

I like both Scott's and Johnson's vocals, but I find Johnson nicer than the drunk Scott :P

michaelsigwm5.gif

"apinagez... let me

Yep I just remembered they are 70's. Back in Black was made in 1981, as a "mourning" album for Scott's death, how could them be 80's :wink:

I like both Scott's and Johnson's vocals, but I find Johnson nicer than the drunk Scott :P

Scott was a much more talented vocalist. Johnson had a more unique sounding voice, but it always sound like he was swallowed a load and it was stuck in his throat. AC/DC was the band that started me getting into rock, but then after awhile that that dude said, they got repatitive. All their songs have pretty much the same style to it. A usually catch riff followed by vocals, then repeating the title of the song a few times in the chorus, solo then end of song. But I still don't get what Gordon Freeman's post had anything to do with what was quoted above him. It's like he just put a random fact in there.

My favorite bands from (no particular order):

60s:

Bob Dylan

Jimi Hendrix

The Who

The Doors

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Early Pink Floyd

Cream

Roy Orbison

the Rolling Stones

70s: (My favorite decade of music)

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Deep Purple

Queen

David Bowie

Blue Oyster Cult

Black Sabbath

Alice Cooper

the Clash

the Ramones

Grand Funk Railroad

The Who

Bob Dylan

Rush

Lynyrd Skynryd

I'm probably missing a whole lot. my head hurts

Scott was a much more talented vocalist. Johnson had a more unique sounding voice, but it always sound like he was swallowed a load and it was stuck in his throat. AC/DC was the band that started me getting into rock, but then after awhile that that dude said, they got repatitive. All their songs have pretty much the same style to it. A usually catch riff followed by vocals, then repeating the title of the song a few times in the chorus, solo then end of song. But I still don't get what Gordon Freeman's post had anything to do with what was quoted above him. It's like he just put a random fact in there.

Today I was listening to Highway to Hell, and Scott's vocals are indeed better. Johnson really has a more unique and "mean" voice, I agree with you.

On the quoting part, I didn't add my first post to the quote to make the post smaller, but if you read it on page one you'll understand.

I mistaked AC/DC as early 80's, and GordanFreeman corrected me, I was just agreeing with him and saying I was wrong.

*winkyes*

michaelsigwm5.gif

"apinagez... let me