ranged or magic

Shraps

i am really having a hard time deciding. i can either raise my magic to 90+ or my range to 90+ but i cant decide which one.

Please say the one you think is more useful in everyday playing, barrowing, kalhpite, slayer, killing people, daganoths, mini games, castle wars.

thanks for the hlep :)

CLICK my sig to join the best runescape Fan/Tip Site

runeedgecopy2rk2.png

Magic 85/94 | Range 73/85 | Defense 71/85

Well for money - range

for beating the crap out of people -mage

Actually, its the opposite.

Range is for pking, dueling, etc.

Mage is also for that, but you can earn money too if you know what to do.

what i ment is taht for less money go with ranged.

range is alot cheaper, so id go with range.
If you Alch-Train, magic can be trained for free. All money made back.

Do you think, Perhaps, that the Black Dragon lives in the Black Dragon Cave!?

Blackmagecc.png

I'm a firm believer of typing with proper grammar on the interwebs. Oh yes.

RANGED ALL THE WAY!!!

Why?

-It has a higher hitting rate than magic

-Cheaper (arrows compared to runes, dhide compared to Mystic or Ahrims...)

-The ranged armor that you wear is more protective against melee (than mage clothes) and magic

8)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

RANGED ALL THE WAY!!!

Why?

-The ranged armor that you wear is more protective against melee (than mage clothes) and magic

8)

I beg to differ.

The most possible with range is i belive is 20ish (i got this from the calcs).

Where the max hit for mage is 30+ (charge).

Cheaper yes thats true, UNLESS your talking about high alching, then it's not only cheaper, but you get more money back!

Actually some mage armor is ment for melee(ie. the full skeleten, spitbark, ect.)

RANGED ALL THE WAY!!!

Why?

8)

I beg to differ.

Cheaper yes thats true, UNLESS your talking about high alching, then it's not only cheaper, but you get more money back!

Actually some mage armor is ment for melee(ie. the full skeleten, spitbark, ect.)

I beg to differ also.

True, the max hit with magic is higher than ranged. Didn't I mention ranged has a higher hitting rate? So... in the time it takes for a mage to hit a 30, a ranger will have fired maybe two 20s... lets think, would you like to hit a 30 or 40? :wink:

I wasn't talking about High Alching, for rangers do not High Alch.

Actually, if a mage was to wear armor meant for melee, then why not wear some Rune or Dragon armor? :? If a mage was to be a true mage (yada yada... what an opinion...), then he/she would wear some real mage armor/clothing.

Arguing is over.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

RANGED ALL THE WAY!!!

Why?

8)

I beg to differ.

I beg to differ also.

True, the max hit with magic is higher than ranged. Didn't I mention ranged has a higher hitting rate? So... in the time it takes for a mage to hit a 30, a ranger will have fired maybe two 20s... lets think, would you like to hit a 30 or 40? :wink:

Actually, if a mage was to wear armor meant for melee, then why not wear some Rune or Dragon armor? :? If a mage was to be a true mage (yada yada... what an opinion...), then he/she would wear some real mage armor/clothing.

Arguing is over.

Arguing is never over!

Well technecilly (sp?) those are designed for magers, so they will still be those pure mages wahtever, what ever...

And the reason rangers dont where dragon and rune is because of lower hitting rate.

Also in the time it takes mage to hit 30 range hits 2 20's, yes thats true BUT mages can freeze, thus making them hit 20's over and over (if they are lucky a nd have high mage. ALSO mages can stop oppents from running AND teleing, all rangers can do is slow down their oppenent (karihels (sp?) ).

Now arguing is over. :P

RANGED ALL THE WAY!!!

Why?

8)

I beg to differ.

I beg to differ also.

Arguing is over.

Arguing is never over!

Well technecilly (sp?) those are designed for magers, so they will still be those pure mages wahtever, what ever...

And the reason rangers dont where dragon and rune is because of lower hitting rate.

Also in the time it takes mage to hit 30 range hits 2 20's, yes thats true BUT mages can freeze, thus making them hit 20's over and over (if they are lucky a nd have high mage. ALSO mages can stop oppents from running AND teleing, all rangers can do is slow down their oppenent (karihels (sp?) ).

Now arguing is over. :P

"Arguing is never over!"

"Now arguing is over."

???

Rangers don't wear Dragon?!?!?! What are you thinking?!?!? Any ranger that has the ability to wear some good ranged armor and knows what kind of armor that would benefit them the most would wear some Dragonhide! What do you mean Rune armor??? Only meleers wear that! :shock:

True, mages can do some freeze move, but let's consider F2P... where's the freeze move now? :shock:

There's this thing that rangers can use that's called a "longbow" (ever hear of it?) and "long range" attack...

:twisted:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif