drop parties- help the community

Striker6

Noob drop parties are so much fun, I encourage you all to try it. Basically i'm quitting rs soon and I figured that before I have my final drop party (dropping all stuff on main) I should empty my noob accounts. Never really been to good at pures, I have a ranger and melee pure both around lvl 40ish.

So I logged onto them(one at a time :P) and decided to go to lumbridge castle (on a busy f2p world). I had some poor armour, a gold bar that kinda noobie stuff. An addy picaxe was the main prize. I announced I was doing a drop party some of the higher lvls accused me of scamming (how I don't know but never mind). Also some the guys there followed me around telling me to drop my stuff on the floor in front of them some guy even told me to trade it to him. They obviously didn't know what a drop party was so I figured they'd have to learn. Everybody present got something and the most unlikely of people ( a lvl 3 guy) picked up the addy pic. He was so happy, he said ty to me about a million times. No he didn't ask for "more" or anything, everybody enjoyed it and it made me feel good.

So I hope I have influenced everybody to go help some noobs. It's good fun and hopefully they won't go around insulting eachother. I figure the reason people are always insulting "younger" players, is because they were insulted (called a noob etc) when they first started. So maybe if we all are nice to the "younger players" they'll learn to be nice to others. Yes it is very naive of me to think this but I honestly think it will help. People are always ranting about the community so I suggest you all go do something about it! Go, Runescape needs YOU!

rs is probly one of the only large mmorpg's that have it possible for virtually EVERY player to own the best items in the game (its lame).

why the h00t should we have more drop parties?

guy, drop parties are just fun, and if u don't like the concept of rs, well, then go away, to say it with 'clean words'

Currently hunting for clues. Any advice? PM me please =)

They are not noobs, they are newbs. But I wouldn't give them free stuff, since then everyone who didn't get any would flame you and beg.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I always help players, new and old. It is how I am becoming more popular in the RS community. I even have random people that come up to me and ask for help because their friend said that I helped them a lot. So whether it is "How did you get that Yin-Yang Amluet?" or "Wow, Mister, where can I get a Mask like that?" I try to do my best for the community. Let's keep this game running positively people. :)

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

rs is probly one of the only large mmorpg's that have it possible for virtually EVERY player to own the best items in the game (its lame).

why the h00t should we have more drop parties?]

I don't even get what you're on about here sorry, learn to type so I can address your problem properly.

They are not noobs, they are newbs. But I wouldn't give them free stuff, since then everyone who didn't get any would flame you and beg.

Did you read my post? Nobody flamed me or begged for me, this is the reason I did it, to help the community.

So I logged onto them(one at a time :P) and decided to go to lumbridge castle (on a busy f2p world). I had some poor armour, a gold bar that kinda noobie stuff. An addy picaxe was the main prize. I announced I was doing a drop party some of the higher lvls accused me of scamming (how I don't know but never mind). Also some the guys there followed me around telling me to drop my stuff on the floor in front of them some guy even told me to trade it to him. They obviously didn't know what a drop party was so I figured they'd have to learn. Everybody present got something and the most unlikely of people ( a lvl 3 guy) picked up the addy pic. He was so happy, he said ty to me about a million times. No he didn't ask for "more" or anything, everybody enjoyed it and it made me feel good.

yeah i do that once in a while as well, whenever my bank becomes full i go to lumbridge castle and give out my extra stuff to the people who can answer my trivia questions....if no one gets the answer right i drop it.... and most often that happens

as for the "more" thing, if they arent begging, they (probobly) wont ask for more, i never reward beggars, except with a few insults....

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

I always help players, new and old. It is how I am becoming more popular in the RS community. I even have random people that come up to me and ask for help because their friend said that I helped them a lot. So whether it is "How did you get that Yin-Yang Amluet?" or "Wow, Mister, where can I get a Mask like that?" I try to do my best for the community. Let's keep this game running positively people. :)

Pretty much all of my friends are my friends because of me helping them or them helping me. I'm helping the community, yipeee...... :D

Drop parties are very fun. I don't know why, but seeing happy faces always make me happy

I agree, theres nothing better than helping people and you're right I think I did make his day. Thanks for the comments guys.

I learned a long time ago that giving out handouts only hurts you later. I gave some level 15 steel armor. He added me to friends, which was cool. But, 3 days later her claimed that he died and needed new stuff. I told him I didn't have anymore, but he insisted that I give him more freebies. That's when he got added to the ignore list.

In my experience, roughly 99.9% of people you help will be ungrateful.

tomato1ry.png

I learned a long time ago that giving out handouts only hurts you later. I gave some level 15 steel armor. He added me to friends, which was cool. But, 3 days later her claimed that he died and needed new stuff. I told him I didn't have anymore, but he insisted that I give him more freebies. That's when he got added to the ignore list.

What you do is explain to them why you aren't giving them anymore. Tell them if they want to make money they have to: mine iron, runecraft, cook or whatever. Offer them suggestions so they don't keep bugging you. Then hopefully they will help others like you helped them.

What you do is explain to them why you aren't giving them anymore. Tell them if they want to make money they have to: mine iron, runecraft, cook or whatever. Offer them suggestions so they don't keep bugging you. Then hopefully they will help others like you helped them.

But its not kindergarden.

I used to have the same attitude as you, but then I looked at it from the newbs point of view. As soon as they enter the game (Iactually saw someguy at lumbridge castle saying"welcome to runescape noobs") They are attacked for either ruining the community or being noobs. So I figured they deserve some chance :lol:

But its not kindergarden.