Ipbanning the auto'ers

shawn_200

Because their programs use ip spoofers which use random ips every time they log on.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Because their programs use ip spoofers which use random ips every time they log on.

no, they dont.

they have the option to log on using proxies to avoid having their main banned too.

and ip banning them would be worthless, its so easy to change your ip.

There's also the issue of someone moving. Say that someone gets their ip banned, but their parents are moving away in a week, so they're moving to a new IP anyways... Ban does nothing.

It is then possible for the next family who moves in has a son who plays Runescape. The IP ban would then ban the new player wrongly.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

There's also the issue of someone moving. Say that someone gets their ip banned, but their parents are moving away in a week, so they're moving to a new IP anyways... Ban does nothing.

It is then possible for the next family who moves in has a son who plays Runescape. The IP ban would then ban the new player wrongly.

It would oly ban the other player if that family used the exact same isp and the exact same payment details to pay for it and the computers the other family had of course.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

every comp has there own ip... (etleast all my comps have diferent ips...)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I think when creating an account you should have to give your email address, but make it so one email can only have one account, a lot of people would imply give up making all the new emails and new accounts.

Banning an IP wouldn't work, I don't know much about it, but you can be sure they would've done that already if it was going to work.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Its not easy to change ur ip u need to do it through ur isp which can take some while. They wont do it if u say "ive been banned of this website rah rah rah"

actually it's really quite easy, in fact you can buy scramblers (don't know what they are really called) that can change your ip as often as you want them to...

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

well i use an adsl connection with a dynamic ip address, which means that my ip address changes every so often. can anyone see a problem if they tried to ban someone with a dynamic ip?

I use ADSL as well and if I want to change my IP I just disconnect and connect again to the internet.

If I had used auto and they IP band my IP I could just log off and on and get new IP. but there is another problem. if someone auto then they ip band him and he disconnect from the internet I can get his IP next time ip connect to the internet. In that case they would band me just because me and some other scammer have the same ISP ?!?!

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

:roll: Why don't you tell jagex about it? I mean, posting here wont really change a thing.

As for ip-banning: NO!

Geez lol with decent programmes jagex once thought my country was albania :roll: so ip-banning barely has any effect at all.

Ip-ban = to easie to avoid