unbalanced trade question

McFaire

my friend doesn't play any more and has offered to give me several valuable items

there are no rules against unblanced trades per se (not multiple characters of the same person), but rumours are flying about hasty bans

I am wondering.... does anyone have personal experience with valuable gifts

have you been banned? not? what were the circumstances

thanks. I have 1288 skills levels and don't want to jeopardize thousands of hours of hard work. but it seems a waste to let items go unused that someone doesn't want anymore

on second thought, that will probably just make an honest gift look more suspicious... someone who never plays suddenly going on and dueling and losing something valuable.

not really, it would just look like they were staking lol

siggy4jh.png

sig by Misterxman

Un-Retired from RS X-mas 2009, 93/99 Fishing, 105 combat.

on second thought, that will probably just make an honest gift look more suspicious... someone who never plays suddenly going on and dueling and losing something valuable.

not really, it would just look like they were staking lol

here's what you do:

tell your friend to put up his items in the trade window and tell him to put on full rune(or something). Then you put up an item(s) of that value.

While your "dueling" your friend "lags" for 30 seconds and then gets "angry" from losing all his stuff :D .

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I have received and given gifts on rs and have not been banned. I would suggest not doing anything that could seem suspicious if what you are doing is a genuine gift trade.

ie. don't try to cover it up, just do your normal trade and not worry about all these rumors flying about.

Have fun.

swordsig16zk.gif

When Jagex announced they were keeping a close watch on unbalanced trades, a lot of people massively overreacted.

It's not against the rules to make an unbalanced trade

You won't get banned for doing it

Jagex simply meant that they could look at this data, and they used it when tracking people breaking real rules like trading for real world items.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

oh right so u cant get banned for an unbalanced trade

every time ive done an unbalanced trade (lending sumthin to my friend or other way round) i always thort wat if jagex will ban me for this (just a few days i thort) but then i thort im not trading very valluable stuff so i probly wont.

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

how about go to wilderness, he notes all the valuable stuff wears full rune or sumtin lets it seem hes winning then hell stop then you go kill him get his stuff. OR GO Duel then wager 10gp then he wagers all the stuff then he wont attack then he dies.

C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\My Documents\My Pictures\maxsig28nv.gif