Sweet Jesus

bloodkilla87

Jagex Software was founded in November 1999 by Andrew Gower, Paul Gower, and Constant Tedder. The aim of this company was to create and license Java games for websites. In December 2001, the company focused on their primary game, the MMORPG RuneScape. The company then became Jagex Ltd. At the time of the company's formation, RuneScape had already been created and more than one million accounts had been created. The first tasks of the company were to create a version of the game with extra features that required a $5 monthly fee, while still offering the free version, and to develop partnerships with advertisers. Both tasks were achieved, and the pay-to-play version of RuneScape was released on February 27, 2002, gaining 5,000 subscriptions in the first week. Currently, RuneScape has over 3,000,000 users, with approximately 500,000 pay-to-play subscribers as of November 3, 2005. In 2006, founders Andrew Gower and Paul Gower were calculated to be worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã32 million
killa870yt.png

Thats a nice bunch of money :shock:

Best/latest drop list:

Rune: 18th of june 2006 [scimmy]

Other: 6th of June 2006 [3 half keys, T]

26th of june 2006 [yellow mystic hat]

untitled6kv7.gif

What a coincidence I just read that and my jaw dropped. I mean who would have thought that 3 students who set up an internet game for fun would make so much money. It does give people an insentive to start their own thing, but I have to say all credit to those guys who made one of the most popular online games in the world and they deserve the money for the amount of effort they put in to keep it running and to make sure that it doesn't lose its play value.

-Bloodangel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Mind citing your work and not plagiarising?

I believe he got it from here

-Bloodangel

I do believe someone has already posted that. Also make sure you quote someone and yes please give credit to those who deserve it.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

USD 1.88454 = 1 GBP as of 2006.05.30 21:26 Universal Time ;)

Nice :lol:

Nice one Bubsa... lol... :lol:

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

MMORPG is the way to make teh monies.

Oh really? Well I guess Paul and Andrew found their best way in making money. If only I could come up as great as runescape...

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

MMORPG is the way to make teh monies.

Oh really? Well I guess Paul and Andrew found their best way in making money. If only I could come up as great as runescape...

ive already got it planed out we can steal scaperune from jagex and they'll never know wana join?

Just an average player with a horrible name...