Computer Won't Powerup

Craven_Image

I recently bought a new computer; mobo:GA-K8SN socket 939, processor: Athlon 64 3000+ and a PC3200 stick of SDRAM. Now when I first plugged everything and tried to start it up nothing happened so I tried shorting the power switch terminals with a screwdriver which started everything up so I thought it was down to the power switch but then I tried it with another power switch and it too, didn't start up. If it's not the power switch and everything else works fine what could it be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Are there any signs of power? Like when you turn it on at the wall do any of the fans move? Is there any light on on the motherboard?

Are you able to test it with another power supply?

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

i've got a socket 939 board and theres another power connection needed near the processor for the computer to power up as well as the main one.

power4rz.jpg

its a four pin connector like this, it should be on your power supply somewhere

pin4ty.png

obviously if you dont have a connector like this it cant be that.

Also you should check that the power supply is at 300 w

RSN :: Wooden_Fire

Time Zone :: GMT

lol ditto

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Managed to get it sorted out at last, it turned out both power switches weren't working so I had to connect the reset switch to the power switch so the power switch doesn't do anything however the reset switch does but instead of resetting it switches the comp on and off.

Thanks for the help though, I went throught the hardware installation carefully thus remembered to do the 12 volt (4 pin) power connection to processor good answer though :)

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Managed to get it sorted out at last, it turned out both power switches weren't working so I had to connect the reset switch to the power switch so the power switch doesn't do anything however the reset switch does but instead of resetting it switches the comp on and off.

Thanks for the help though, I went throught the hardware installation carefully thus remembered to do the 12 volt (4 pin) power connection to processor good answer though :)

Should also be able to get another switch quite easily... If it's a new case i'd see if you can take it back and get the switch changed for free.

codbar.jpg

4wmbar.jpg

Dude, this has happened to me several times after buying RAM.

Make sure the RAM is securely in place (and of the correct type.)

Edit: Does it let out 2 short beeps when you try to boot?

Dude, this has happened to me several times after buying RAM.

Make sure the RAM is securely in place (and of the correct type.)

Edit: Does it let out 2 short beeps when you try to boot?

he already said it was the power switch .....

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear