Tip.it Times Presents: Construction!

oddfaery2

Hmm, i stopped playing for about week and came back on to read about PoH. I was suprised! That made me want to become a member so much until I heard it was far too expensive.

Infact, Im outside Vrrk West Bank and there are people buying Oaks for 100ea. I bit off from 15ea that they usuaully go for.

ohdearyouaredead3dl.png

ihavearightfinald5er7be.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Update from Jagex. I belive Jagex did the right thing in making it a skill which you have to spend millions on to be successful. It will balance out the rs economy with so much money pooring into rs everyday. And plus it really is a skill which you can show off your acheivements and wealth.

If it was a skill for noobs it would be far less as good in my opinion! :wink:

Judging by the initial responses, I think people are misinterpreting The Editor a little bit. Knowing him, I don't think he cares much about whether or not he's going to make money off a skill, so the fact that it's not a money-making skill isn't either a good or bad thing. The problem he has with it, in terms of money, is that you can flat out buy experience, and that you can't gather your own materials in order to save yourself from all expenses, as you can with every other skill. No matter what, an NPC is taking your money out of the game.

A skill more expensive then prayer??? At least its a lot more fun, my favorite skill so far. I just really think that this skill shouldn't affect the economy as a whole. I just bought brand new veracs and now i'm gonna lose a mil on it just because of this skill and that makes me a little mad. :evil:

You're missing a HUGE difference between prayer and construction. When you buy prayer, you're going to be paying players, not an NPC. When you buy construction, your money is going to the game at some point... if not many points (not that you won't also pay players)

This is an interesting article, and I am interested to see how this plays out on runescapes economy as well as who becomes number 1 now. Did anyone notice the old nite slipped to 19th?

The Old Nite won't be playing any more. He'll simply continue to slip down the charts. Sorry for the letdown.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

wel i myself have made a few gp of construction. People are willing to buy things at great prices just ot save having to do the work themselves. I use the money i make to build my house so i dont really lose any money. But prices are going oak planks in big amounts are only selling for 500gp or a lil bit more. But cloth is still in my opinion the best thing to sell as everyone is selling for 1k or more so no low prices there

Well, well, well,

This might be the best update to me ever. I am f2p let me say. So, this is a big economical bump for me. I explain. As f2pers can't do construction, they are selling basic materials for big amounts of money. I am getting rich. More, while p2p money is raising in value, because p2p money is getting out of the game, in f2p it is lowering, because f2pers are getting one big profit. So, while rares in p2p are lowering total price, rares in f2p are raising. HOWEVER, in a few weeks (maybe 2 months top) all p2pers that whanted it, will have high construction levels and will stop buying materials. This will have a double efect on f2p. While exeding materials will worth nothing, all the gathered money will mean that massive amounts of money can be spent on trimmed armour bla bla bla. This means that f2pers will have a very high buying power, p2pers in f2p worlds will have a very low buying power. So, suplies will be much bigger than possible buys (not demand), prices will fall, and f2pers buying power will raise even more. That will mean that the rares, and expensives market will skyrocket in f2p trades. So, f2pers, buy something really expensive now. Ir will low a lot on price for next weeks but in a few months, it will be a lot bigger when selling to f2p.

Lant

Ps: can u give me some feedback on this?

Known as peppers in IRC. I am the noob. I am Fail 2.0. I'm an idiot.

This skill is leaving the poorer people out in the cold. It sucks money like a drain. You need money to start and to continue. Even if you make or gather basic things yourself you still have to pay for rooms. You cant grow plants for a garden.

And that means that you get the xp from how much money you have - not from working to get levels like other skills.

Personally, I like the skill. It's something you can use to spend your hard earned money on. Basically, having a nice house is going to become the new party hat. And plus, which is cooler? Having 20,000,000 gp, or having a 20 room house fully bedecked in marble and gold leaf? And on a side note, there should be a quest that allows you to get a reduced fee for cutting boards.

The Lottery is a tax on people who can't do math

Live forever or die trying!

• 4 months later...