Tip.it Times Presents: Construction!

oddfaery2

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Construction!

The Editor

Well, well, well, theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re finally here. The quite possibly most anticipated update this game has ever seen, player-owned houses, has finally made its way into RuneScape, with the...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be intresting to see how the rare market will handle this large output of cash, and will that "crash" be permanent, seeing as there will be more and more people trying to get 99 construction?

I guess Jagex used this skill as an anti macro for a few days, macro's cutting yew will be sad to hear the demand for yew has gone down :P

Nice reading. Yes it is a shame that the prices of yews will most probably decrease, which isn't so good for me as that is how I make most of my money.

-Bloodangel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I think that was very, very well written. I myself just started construction today and I am very please with it. It seems jagex really worked long and hard on this skill. Even though I am only level 9 so far I agree with most of what was said in the article. Well done!!

delimli7.jpg

i dont like construction and it seems like an obvious atempt to get money out and if you realize that you shouldnt do it unless a. youre rich or b. you dont care(i do) ill train construction but only after the excitement is over. Im a little dissapointed because there arent really that many ways to make money off of the skill either. Almost all other skills you can with the exeption of firemaking. I think its a good idea to stock up on cash because a lot of money is going out means that the value of money will increase

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Remember, not every skill has to be a full blown money maker. This is a way to enjoy what you have done in all your months/years of runescape. You can decorate with full rune armor to show off your 99 smithing. It is a way to look back at what you have done and where you are going. Plus sorry to tell the editor but bots have already started autoing oaks. The wave has started.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

i agree with mirrorfaced in that construction is a fun skill! stop griping about how it isnt a money maker. runescape cash is not real cash anyway. just use it to entertain your runescape friends and show off.

heh, hate to make the [thread] sound like a broken record but that was a really good article. nice read.

i love the new skill so far. i already have 38 construction myself. i am glad to see that jadex finally added a usefull money sink to the game. :)

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

nice article. i am really annoyed because i have little cash at the moment but i suppose i can cut oaks for a while, much easier than yews.

My friend you would not tell with such high zest / to children ardent for some desperate glory / the old lie: Dulce et decorum est / pro patria mori.

These 'noobs' are not people as such, they are soulless creations of corporate greed.

Personally I don't think Jagex could have made a better skill!!! I agree with absolutely everything in the article, thanks Odd. The only negative thing I can say is that my santas are becoming worthless, hopefully that will change, otherwise I'll be broke soon!!!

Still waiting for Jagex's destrustion of autoers...

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

One thing I hate about Construction is that you have to pay to make planks. Other than that, it's a fun skill. I plan to reach lvl 50, move to Yanville, change the walls, make the best furnture I can and just live with it. I really dont need a dungeon and treasure room...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

A skill more expensive then prayer??? At least its a lot more fun, my favorite skill so far. I just really think that this skill shouldn't affect the economy as a whole. I just bought brand new veracs and now i'm gonna lose a mil on it just because of this skill and that makes me a little mad. :evil:

~~Proud Member of The Supreme Skillers~~

bigdawgtt.png

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

very very very good article. i have to say i liked every aspect of the new skill save the costs for leveling it. with its effects on the economy (which is half, if not more, of the lifeblood of RuneScape), this is one of the best updates to RuneScape as we know it.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

that was one of the best articles, i wonder if there will ever be a free way to get construction up, to bad its not like other skills such as mining, wood-cutting and fishing wich are great for cash and barely cost anything

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

I cant beleive zezimas 2nd now...that just goes to show how these things change the face of Runescape forever.

Wonderful article

One Question: Can non members go to members houses? I would appreciate if this is answered quickly!

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

I cant beleive zezimas 2nd now...that just goes to show how these things change the face of Runescape forever.

Wonderful article

One Question: Can non members go to members houses? I would appreciate if this is answered quickly!

I'm afraid you're out of luck. *Nothing* member-related will work on non-member servers. :(

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png