Armour stand paying for entire house...

Lord-kain1

okay everyone i finnaly did it, i got my armour repair stand up and running and i just fixxed my guthans armour and nearly cut the cost in half resulting in an instant 100k+ savings. with how often i use my guthans .. this one improvement will eventually save me more money then ill end up paying for the entire house wootish!

anyone else realize this yet? i mean admitedly my lvl 87 smithing really helps but anyone could gain benifit of it paying off the house even with a small reduction in cost.

anyone find another method of cash saving with house? besides the unlimited teles?

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

Well if you want to be sort of nerdy you (and I mean anyone can do this) can set up a regular equation to find when any part of your house starts paying off for itself. For example let's go with portal chambers, for ease we'll use the varrock portal. If we assume that Laws are 300 gold each, airs and fires will be 20 each then we can say that the runes just for the varrock portal costs (100*300 + 400*20) 38,000 gold coins. So now we have a point in which we need to meet. A regular spell to varrock would cost (300*1 + 4*20) 1,100. But then add on the cost of the home teleport (300*1 + 2*20) which would be added onto the overall cost whereas as the varrock teleport is the subtraction, so here it is.

38,000+340X-1,100X= -760X+38000

That means you are NOT losing 760 gold coins when you teleport to your house and then to varrock so in 50 trips you'll break even and the 51st trip you'll start paying off for yourself. You can do the same for Barrows armor I just don't know the prices (never been barrowing) :oops:

Well with your own dungeon you should be able to get exp per hit from monsters without the fer of dying and without the need for food. If you need food you can just ask your butler (since you have to be over lvl 50 to have a dungeon anyway) to make you some curry. The fact that you can be alone from players who might anger you and not worry about lag or anything gives you a peace of mind that makes owning a house worth while. But I could be wrong about you getting exp from monsters in a dungeon but I read some post of a guy hosting a dungeon event in his house and people are getting exp so most likely I'm right.

A regular spell to varrock would cost (300*1 + 4*20) 1,100.

Since when does 300 + 80 = 1,100? It's 380, I believe.

Thus, the equation would be:

38,000 + 340X - 380X = -40X + 38000

That means it would take 950 teleports for it to pay off, assuming you teleport to your house every time.

70herby.png

A regular spell to varrock would cost (300*1 + 4*20) 1,100.

Since when does 300 + 80 = 1,100? It's 380, I believe.

Thus, the equation would be:

38,000 + 340X - 380X = -40X + 38000

That means it would take 950 teleports for it to pay off, assuming you teleport to your house every time.

Maybe its a better idea to place your house in relleka and use a lyre

Aurei_Animus.png

you dpnt get xp or drops for killing monsters

as another note, most of the benifits of poh are listed on my thread on the official forums

i need sum1 to get them for me, cuz college baned runescape.com

post tile is

HOUSE'S ARE NOT!!!! USELESS

Free ingredients? This should make cooking traing so much easier.

Thats what I keep telling myself anyway! :)

Getting multiple exp from your bones (though ectofunctus is better).

It only really pays off at higher levels - eg teleports & barrow repairs. But I didn't make mine for money - it was for the clockwork toys :)

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

The discount for barrows is .05x*R, where x is your smithing level and R is the repair cost.

I'll bring something from the official forums over:

If you just get to 55 construction by collecting your own oaks and planking them, then you will start to recover money from recharges at:

Smithing level 38 to 41 - 11 repairs

Smithing level 42 to 45 - 10 repairs

Smithing level 46 to 51 - 9 repairs

Smithing level 52 to 58 - 8 repairs

Smithing level 59 to 68 - 7 repairs

Smithing level 69 to 82 - 6 repairs

Smithing level 83 to 99 - 5 repairs

Thanks to Helios Gamos for that information :)

Something I find useful is the tablets: once I can make a house teleport, I'll be able to use 1 invent space to teleport to my house, recharge prayer, and return to whatever I was doing (for instance, barrows if I install a canafis portal :)