Barrows Pack! Post yours!

B_50_2

My Setup

mybarrowssetup2jw.png

Here is my setup. That is the rune that i take because I don't own any other set of rune. Ring of wealth can't hurt. Have never died in over 500 runs so I like my chances. I use the general store method, as you can se. I open the chest 4 times on the first run and 3 times on each consecutive run from store. I continue doing this till i get 2 barrows items before i bank. Once I get 2 items I tele to phasmatys. I'd wear farseer helm but i like to look good when im doing something and that helm is attrocious.

Might be upgrading to Full infinity soon. The i would look really hot while doing barrows. Don't know when i plan on going back though. At the moment The kalphite queen and her chains have me entranced when tztok-jad is not 2 hitting me.

You're obviously no noob, but I have a few comments you might want to think about:

You don't want to be taking 2 pairs of gloves and as slayer dart is only slightly affected by you mage bonus, I suggest wearing your vambraces and leaving your mystic gloves behind. And wear rune boots for the same reason instead of mystic boots.

Ring of wealth does hurt!!! Take a ring of life, saved me a couple of times. Especially if you're going to use infinity.

You don't need to take 2 things for your shield spot, either zammy book or shield, up to you.

And of course with 2 chain drops, you can obviously afford some barrows armour for yourself, there's a reason people pay a lot of money for it, it's worth it.

Also, I'm not sure, but if you're using a d scimmy to get your kc up, you'll save at least 1 shark per trip by using a whip, meaning you can swap a shark for a prayer pot and kill a few more brothers.

Otherwise you're good to go \'

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're obviously no noob, but I have a few comments you might want to think about:

You don't want to be taking 2 pairs of gloves and as slayer dart is only slightly affected by you mage bonus, I suggest wearing your vambraces and leaving your mystic gloves behind. And wear rune boots for the same reason instead of mystic boots.

Ring of wealth does hurt!!! Take a ring of life, saved me a couple of times. Especially if you're going to use infinity.

You don't need to take 2 things for your shield spot, either zammy book or shield, up to you.

And of course with 2 chain drops, you can obviously afford some barrows armour for yourself, there's a reason people pay a lot of money for it, it's worth it.

Also, I'm not sure, but if you're using a d scimmy to get your kc up, you'll save at least 1 shark per trip by using a whip, meaning you can swap a shark for a prayer pot and kill a few more brothers.

I get my Kill count up on bloodworms everytime so i don't use any food on them. I also usually have a whip anyway, but i sold mine to buy full veracs 3 days ago. I can now afford to buy one back, but i have just never goten around to it. I will take your advice on the boots and gloves though. And i'll probably leave the shield at home. That will save me 2 spots where i can add in another 2 p pots and allow me ot get 1-2 more runs in.

I've been thinking about bringing my verac's instead of mystic. I could then leave my melee gear in the bank. Maybe the Range gear also, i don't know how good verac's will do against ahrim though. I might start some experimenting and see how i can increase the amount of chests I open each run. Maybe the barrows king leesters will drop by this post and give me some more tips. I ahve heard storys of people opening 10 chests per bank trip, but of course there probably higher than lvl 96.

Thanks for the tips they are appreciated.

I get my Kill count up on bloodworms everytime so i don't use any food on them. I also usually have a whip anyway, but i sold mine to buy full veracs 3 days ago. I can now afford to buy one back, but i have just never goten around to it. I will take your advice on the boots and gloves though. And i'll probably leave the shield at home. That will save me 2 spots where i can add in another 2 p pots and allow me ot get 1-2 more runs in.

I've been thinking about bringing my verac's instead of mystic. I could then leave my melee gear in the bank. Maybe the Range gear also, i don't know how good verac's will do against ahrim though. I might start some experimenting and see how i can increase the amount of chests I open each run. Maybe the barrows king leesters will drop by this post and give me some more tips. I ahve heard storys of people opening 10 chests per bank trip, but of course there probably higher than lvl 96.

Thanks for the tips they are appreciated.

No problem, and if you're only 96 combat, then using veracs is out of the question, I tried it for a few trips (combt 100 at the time) and I used more prayer pots then ever before, I was also using super attack pots and d bax spec, it was really slow too, it's a method recommended for only level 110+ so we don't qualify yet :(

The only way I know of to open 10 chests per run is to not get your kill count up and having 75+ prayer with super restores. When I don't get my kill count up, I can do about 7-8 chests before banking, also if you bank, you don't want to have noted stuff, I just use the burgh de rott bank, quest wasn't that hard. Doing this actually really worthwhile, you get items more often because you're opening more chests per hour, so you make a lot more money than when you get your kc up, but you usually need a lot of supplies to start with.

Using blood blitz is also quite good as you don't need any food, but it takes a lot of inventory space, I haven't tried it, and I don't think I really want to, really expensive.

And I just noticed your unholy symbol, it's not really worth taking, glory is better for your level.

Add me ingame if you want, RSN bflinty1, I'll be on tomorrow.

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

I can't believe people still use Ahrims or Mystic while Magic-darting :? I always wear Rune or D-hides, with a negative Magic bonus, and I hit the same as with 90+.. So if people still didn't know, you DON'T need Magic improving robes to Magic dart.

99 Slayer since August 2007.

all very nice packs, but i notice a lot of people who use slayer dart also take mage armour. i thought that didnt affect slayer dart so it just takes up space :-s

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

I can't believe people still use Ahrims or Mystic while Magic-darting :? I always wear Rune or D-hides, with a negative Magic bonus, and I hit the same as with 90+.. So if people still didn't know, you DON'T need Magic improving robes to Magic dart.

AHHHA that what i thought =D> !

your the 2nd experienced barrowser that told me that :-({|= .

yay time to buy torags \'

happiehour.jpeg

I used to think that, but I found that it's only because the melee brothers have such bad mage defence, it only makes a very slight difference against them, however Karil's mage defence is slightly higher and so it actually makes quite a big difference against him, so much easier with ahrims than rune, you hit lots of splashes with rune, but not with mystic.

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

I used to think that, but I found that it's only because the melee brothers have such bad mage defence, it only makes a very slight difference against them, however Karil's mage defence is slightly higher and so it actually makes quite a big difference against him, so much easier with ahrims than rune, you hit lots of splashes with rune, but not with mystic.

oh :( .

thx for clearing that up.

happiehour.jpeg

No problem dude, you might still want to use rune though, it saves some of your agility and means you can have extra spaces for food. It's up to you really.

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

It's called slayer dart. It's cheap, effective, and it hits hard.

For 16 max damage, you'd expect to pay more than 1 death and 4 minds. :)

Note that it does require 55 slayer.

actually its 10 + (first digit of your magic)

I had 79 magic and i was hitting 17 max, when i leveled to 18, bam i started to hit 18's.

Which makes it even better.

Hmm, tell me how this works? i'm level 82 mage and i hit constant 19's....tell me how to make max go up and what is this pattern!?!

By-The-Way - Buying all prayer potions, i just ran out.

True...I should've said it hit 16s for me. Just three more levels until I hit 17s... :twisted:

Two more until 19's :twisted: .

penguinesigrq6.png

Umm, Aussy, you forgot to write something after quoting, looks kinda odd with a quote and no writing, edit your post with something please [-o< I'm begging you \' lol

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Umm, Aussy, you forgot to write something after quoting, looks kinda odd with a quote and no writing, edit your post with something please [-o< I'm begging you \' lol

Oops, I ment to write that i hit constant 19's with 82 mage, and what is the pattern of which to see the amount you can hit.

penguinesigrq6.png

Oops, I ment to write that i hit constant 19's with 82 mage, and what is the pattern of which to see the amount you can hit.

penguinesigrq6.png

penguinesigrq6.png

penguinesigrq6.png

penguinesigrq6.png

penguinesigrq6.png

penguinesigrq6.png

equipment:

farseer helm.

ahrim's top.

ahrim's bottom.

infinity boots.

ring of life.

amulet of fury.

slayer staff.

barrows gloves.

100 adamant arrows.

zamorak cape.

unholy book.

inventory:

guthans platebody.

guthans plateskirt.

guthans helm.

abyssal whip.

dragon [] or obby shield.

super set.

1 prayer potion.

black d hide body.

magic shortbow.

spade.

ectophial.

12 sharks.

1 free space.

1000 minds.

200 deaths.

OR:

dragon med helm.

dragon chainbody.

dragon platelegs.

abyssal whip.

dragon [] or obby shield.

super set.

1 prayer potion.

black d hide body.

black d hide chaps.

magic shortbow.

spade.

ectophial.

12 sharks.

1000 minds.

200 deaths.

Here's Mine. I usually would bring two rows of prayer pots which would allow me to do two trips, but this is the last of my prayer pots so I'll only be able to do one trip off this, I should have one or two pots left over.

barrowspack0xg.png

FREE DURIAL!!!!

Add to your sig if you agree, don't let the others lead you the wrong way.

Well...this is wat i used to go in and it worked!

Equipment:

Berserker Helm

Sara cape

Ammy of glory(charged if i wanna tele with it)

Slayer staff

Mystic top

Obby shield

Mystic bottem

Barrows Gloves

Climbing boots

ROW(or ne combat ring)

Inventory:

Spade

Abby whip or d scimmy(depending on wat stats i wanted to raise)

Crystal bow

Varrock tele stone thing(or nothing there if i wanted to tele with glory)

500 deaths

2000 minds

3 monkfish

20 prayer pots(4 dose)

I cant do this now...cause i lost most of the items like deaths... and with this i did it about 4-6 times b4 i had 2 tele