Discussion - If rares are increasing or decreasing...

Kryptic

Its well known that Constuction is a money drainer, more money being put out of the economy than money being put in.

As most of you have heard, Jagex hates the idea that phats and other rares have shot up costing millions of gp. Could this money draining skill be their way of trying to fix the rares economy? Or are the rares going to keep increasing and theres nothing Jagex can do about it...Is there something Jagex knows that we dont?!

Is it about time that we sell all our rares in fear that the rares economy will drop - costing us all millions?!

I need answears!

***Please discuss, and lock if theres another thread like this - but I dont think there is.

madeinpalestineborder8gs.png

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

My mate sold his red party hat for 124M the other day, they're up to 170 today. Everything looks like it'll be back to normal.

*waits for r2 pleasant to post and prove me wrong*

I'm Jake Milroy

They're just going to keep increasing the way i see it, unless the upcoming f2p thing drains some more money :lol:

I suggest you look at the tip.it times article... I forget who wrote it, but it might help answer your question.

It was Duke Freedom, and I did read it. That article is what prompt me to start this thread... I quickly looked through the official tip.it times thread about it, but didnt see the answears I was looking for, nor did I see it in the article itself.

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

My mate sold his red party hat for 124M the other day, they're up to 170 today. Everything looks like it'll be back to normal.

*waits for r2 pleasant to post and prove me wrong*

its hard to prove you wrong if your facts are straight

w4M8t.png

It is becoming more obviouse that prices for phats are becoming as a disadvantage to the loads of people who don't have one,but have the so called "should-be" price.These prices are gigantic,but you must remember just how rare these items are.Runescape is aware of the massive prices for these rare objects,but will most likely do nothing about it.The only way that Runescape will think of making a new way of getting the discontinued items is if all or close to all of these rare items are gone\dropped by stupid people.Then,of course,these items would then be impossible to get unless they make another holiday drop for them in the future.

bbarras10.png

:evil: my signature just has a URL instead of the picture,why!
Nice reply. Fits in with the thread.

And your reply fits in just as good? :roll:

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

Prices have fallen, but didn't fell too much due that f2p had phats. Remember, they cant do construction, so they kept the money. Phats will rise after a while. They always have.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Prices have fallen, but didn't fell too much due that f2p had phats. Remember, they cant do construction, so they kept the money. Phats will rise after a while. They always have.

But do you think its a fair assumption to say that they will always rise because thats the nature of things? I dont know, I get slight doubts that rares are going to be forever rising.

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

On the rarity, I agree with you in this case Nick. :wink:

It was Duke Freedom, and I did read it. That article is what prompt me to start this thread... I quickly looked through the official tip.it times thread about it, but didnt see the answears I was looking for, nor did I see it in the article itself.

Well I did answer that issue, but maybe not as definite as you want... Right now I still think it is too early to conclude how big the money drain construction will stay though, so it is hard to say how much the price development of rares will be influenced exactly.

Anyway, although it is highly unlikely that more gp is going to go out of the game then enter the game once the newness of construction wears off, I'll discuss the consequences of that as an "what if" case as it seems that is what you want to know.

So IF more gp leaves the economy then enters it then that would mean that the total amount of gp in the game would be shrinking - even on the long term. As the indexed graph in my article shows, rares seem to follow the long term trend of the total amount of gp ingame very closely, so that would imply that rares would also be going downwards on the long term.

However that would somewhat 'clash' with the true far-long term nature of rares, which is that they'll always go upwards on the far-long term. More people are entering this game all the time, slowly rares are lost, etc. In the situation of the past this were all minor factors as the inflation effect was giantic, so rares were mainly influenced by that. But IF deflation (more money goes out of the game then into the game) would occur then those minor factors would become much more important on the long term.

If Jagex really wanted to bring rares down a lot - then yes, deflation is an option as a long term negative effect on the prices of rares. At first sight (before I updated my total gp calculations) I was beginning to fear that they were actually trying to do that with construction. Fear, because deflation is extremely unhealthy for any economy. Jagex really shouldn't want to cause deflation just to bring the prices of rares down - the consequences of something like that are desastrous as it will cause "a run on gp".

But as I already said, as far as I can conclude, construction is definately not going to cause deflation, as it's not that big of a drain. Furthermore I wouldn't really look at construction as being a way to "fix" the rares economy, but rather as an attempt to solve the inflation issue that the game has.

Nevertheless, by doing something against the inflation issue (which is the most important factor why rares go up in price on the long term) this will obviously influence the price growth of rares as well. As inflation will become a smaller factor, rares will, at least, slow down their fast price development a bit.

I dont think that could have been answeared in a better way by any other person than you Mr. Freedom... THX a lot!

:wink:

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

i think they just decided to screw the rares and just watch them get rarer and rarer untill nobody could buy them anymore.

I dont know about you, but thats a great thing for me :)

M.A.D 4 Lyfe