The Art of Giving

ditto to what Pyrotilly, pi_stoff, and TheRory said. Some people get greedy when they see money and these are the people that ruin the game.

Ah but now I know at least why there are so many beggers on RS. Apparently, begging does pay off. There are many people who are willing to give free money or free iron/steel suits to these people. It's a very kind gesture but unfortunately, if these items and money is given out to anyone who asks, it encourages beggers to continue to beg for stuff. It's really important on the part of people to not help beggers as this is the only way to show them that begging does not work.

What I've found that works best is to pretend to be a newb yourself. Maybe go to varrock or some popular place and ask for help on a quest. Or ask can someone spare you a certain amount of gps say 242gps (make up some random amount to let sound like you need exactly that to help buy something). When or if a person decides to help you, let him/her and then give them a large reward (depending on circumstances 10k or so should do the trick). This way, you can mostly ensure that the person you are helping deserves it. :D

Anyone else who got any good tips? Reading the responses to this have been pretty interesting.

Give someone all of your 100m gp.. then they'll realise that rs is boring when you're rich, and will quit.. in turn giving all of their money to someone else.. who will then quit.. and the cycle will continue until everyone realises, like you did, that rs is stealing their life and they could be doing better things :D

Really though.. people don't need free stuff.. it just makes it boring for them.. the challenge is the only thing that rs has.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Idd say this: just help youre best mates. heres an example:

Im f2p and im gathering 1k steel bars, 1k logs and 15k feathers. my mate is member and will fletch them into 15k iron arrows for me. he gets 3k of it everytime he does it. I also gave him 2k willows for free cous hes my mate and needs fletching lvls. Dont waste time helping ppl u hardly know, just let u and youre mates help eachother out :wink:

Your "friend" is ripping you off, you should get at least 15k steel arrows for that, not iron. The 15k iron arrows don't even cover the price of the steel bars.

once in a while i go through lumbridge or varrock in the free world and do what i call "good music taste trivia" i ask questions about my favorite bands and if the person gets the question right they get 1k.... I've made 12 friends this way.

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

Extremelly nice of you ToiletRollsOfDeath..

I try to do my best with newer players..

I've caught myself give a few gp to beggars too.. (D'oh.)

But I find giving away items you don't need anymore, or just feel generous to give away makes you feel alot better.. And it brings quite a bit of joy to RuneScape..

It's also a good way to make friends..

I find that they give you more respect once you've taken your own time to spare them something.. And respect is something I love and notice there's not enough in RuneScape..

Just my two cents though.

And once again, very very nice of you ToiletRollsOfDeath!

Wha.. What..? Where am I?

dont help people too long in a world, change worlds, because if you keep helping people in a certain world for a long time, more and more people will be aware of you, which could make things difficult. :wink:

ebuka1.png

I never got anything free......

I started mining and smithin on Murtagh47 by the time I was lvl 49 and only had full black and 30k i was hacked makin this account :D

Originally designed for pure range.

addymwccape,Arkano5.gif

Arkano5.gif

I love to give away things. I like to wear very nice items so they know they are expensive. This is a test to see if i should give them items.

If they say "nice items" and walk away they deserve it, they are being unconditionaly kind. I like to support that kind of behaviour. If the say "nice stuff, can i have some money?" i just say no.

~/~ Inferno ~/~

inferno+140.png

underbannerrsa2im.png

a good thing to do is to walk around asking for help on a hard free quest like prince ali rescue, or any quest for that matter. i once helped someone do dragon slayer and they only spoke spanish. that was interesting lol especially since i had only just passed spanish 1 lol but anywoays if someone is willing to help they have worked hard for their lvl and they are nice giving people (which is very rare on runescape nowadays) \'

live to kill...

live to die...

live to love...

its fun :o djjhdod.jpg

1mill.jpg

jchampi.jpg

sha.jpg

lol ive given alot more but i just didnt take pics :P

oh and i helped somone from start to finish with d slayer and gave them rune scimmy to kill the dragon, but he didnt even say ty :(

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

hire?

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

whenever i get a little bored i will go and make about 20 iron sets, thne go around lumby asking people if they have played before, if they havent, i give them a set of iron and sometimes help them go to varrock or fally.

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range