Better, funner missions for the f2p people of rs

kanera5

Don't give JAGeX a reason to close it down altogether because you want more for something you didn't give anything in return.

That's hardly a reason to shut down f2p. f2p is too important in the survival of RS. So f2pers should be allowed to suggest stuff for their version of the game, too.

So I implore you, F2Pers, stop giving F2P a bad name.

f2pers giving themselves a bad name? Their not the ones going around saying the other side isnt allowed to suggest anything. :wall:

Tetsuya.png

I belive F2P deserves new updates. And we do... Santa, Easter Bunny, ect. SO lets flush those and release a real holiday QUEST with rewards worth working for that don't sit in your bank! Problem solved! O:)

Deserve? Pardon me, but even though I say that people who say F2P do not "deserve" anything is too harsh, to say you do "deserve" something is also plain idotic. Because technically, JAGeX is not getting anything off you.

Let me emphasise this: Equivalent Exchange. The fundamental principle of Alchemy, and almost every aspect of this world.

Owned...but hes right, you dont pay, why would you get updates?

Read again.. I said we do get what we deserve- holiday events... and I would rather have quest for the holiday event (themed maybe?) than a yoyo i played with for a week... please read before you thrash.. read THEN thrash... O yes.. and like you said toxicologest "Equivalent Exchange" I would MUCH rather have a quest on the holiday than a yoyo or rubber chicken... an update for an update... One last thing... Deserve? No.. Desire? Yes... Earned? After giving Jagex 99% of its P2P? After EACH and every F2P living in a Cesspool? After being a walking talking advertisement? Yes If you think about it.. 100000 non-members having fun makes 1000 members...

But there is a quest for holidays... or did you not participate in the Easter Event of 2006? Involving hypnotised Easter Bunnies...?

And sure, F2P provides members for JAGeX, but that is warped logic you got there, because people who complain for more F2P content are those who would NEVER pay for membership. Those who would pay for members would do so, whether there is more content or not; for F2P Runescape already has tons of contents that would convince one to play members. Why do something excessive?

And if you really want to know, I am permanently F2P too, so me standing on my POV is completely unbiased.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

...Giving out egs to children.. thats easier that sheep shearer (sp?) and the whole "Doesn't sit in your bank"? who here uses their ring at all? I use mine almost never and I see maybe 5 people a week trying to trick people into beliving their eggs.... Rewards that matter please... And like i said EVERY person (p2p or f2p) that goes in a server is advirtising for jagex.... Why do you think they have XXXXXXXX people playing right now thing on their home page? And as for your logic as for people who ask for updates are F2P forever... I want to get members and I probably will this summer... YOUR logic is warped there because most people play until 50-80 combat on f2p and from 50-80 that is the period they ask for updates... The lower levels, 3-40, generally havent completed all the quests yet so cant complain... Over 50-80 1.They will never become members 2. theyre training non-combat skills 3. theyre irregular 4. they have to wait for summer christmas ect. One last things. Excessive? Changing holiday events into quests or holiday quests is excessive? How?

2. W

So what do you want? A diabolical quest that involves you needing to slay the Giant Santa Claus who is going to spread his goodness across the world of Runescape?

And by your logic, if JAGeX made more updates to F2P... umm... you would pay for membership? I mean, that doesn't even add up... if JAGeX made F2P better, you would leave it?

Please use better paragraphing and grammar, too; as I am having a hard time comprehending your last post. I don't know why, but your others were fine... what's with this lapse in literature?

And before accusing another of "warped" logic, you may wish to look into your own brain first. Why on Earth, does updating an already very splendid F2P, make people want to play P2P? If they wanted to pay already, they would've done so. And as for the "high levels" paying for membership when they are "good", that is because they wish to raise all their F2P skills first; not because F2P is too boring... which again, is warped logic.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

This is how it works.

F2P: Trial of full version - No time limits, BUT skill Limits

P2P: The full game - You gotta actually get something for what you pay for.

Either:

Pay for RS and be a happy-chappy

or

dont pay for RS and Sh*t up

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Not really. Trials will eventually force you to pay one way or another: whether by a time limit, or a heavily restricted content. F2P of Runescape, however; has neither time limit and has lots of contents, so F2P is more like a "Normal" and P2P the "Premium". Even JAGeX used that analogy: "to pay the tithe", meaning it is not compulsory.

But again, since F2P has so much contents it is not a Trial... why are you guys begging?

~Toxicologist~

I'm going to jsut use some math here for a minute.

In f2p there is always atleast 1 ad. (If you use internet explorer that is.)

Say every half hour a new ad comes up.

Say each ad gets Jagex .05 USD

Say I played 30 hours this month (1hour per day.)

Let H be # of Hours Played

(H*2)*0.05

(30*2)*0.05

(60)*0.05

=$3.00 USD (Thats not a lot considering expenses are probably barely covered with that.)

I then counted the number of people playing on all the f2p sevrers.

I counted a number of 110,949 at around 11:30 Pacific Time.

Lets say about half of those people are p2p on f2p or are using a ad blocker.

110949/2=55474.5

Lets say of that 55474.5 only 40000 play 30 hours.

$3.00*40000

The Grand total equals $120,000 that Jagex makes on f2p players a month.

Member single month subscriptions are $7.95/month

I counted a number of 89,440 at the same time I counted f2p.

(I know some of you are goign to say "but not all the p2p players are on" well to bad since probably not all the f2p players are not on either.)

Lets say everyone of the p2p players is on a monthly membership.

$7.95*89440

The Gran total equals $711048 that Jagex makes on p2p players a month.

This means p2p generates Jagex roughly 591,048 more a month than f2p.

Also don't forget that there are more f2p servers to maintain and a lot more customer support issues.

This is why Jagex should not do any updates for f2p unless they target only low level players fun aspect so maybe they might join p2p.

PS: This is to Toxicologist: a quote you once used that I feel suits you in this thread very well "it is just a bunch of people whipping a dead horse."

I'm going to jsut use some math here for a minute.

In f2p there is always atleast 1 ad. (If you use internet explorer that is.)

Say every half hour a new ad comes up.

Say each ad gets Jagex .05 USD

Say I played 30 hours this month (1hour per day.)

Let H be # of Hours Played

(H*2)*0.05

(30*2)*0.05

(60)*0.05

=$3.00 USD (Thats not a lot considering expenses are probably barely covered with that.)

I then counted the number of people playing on all the f2p sevrers.

I counted a number of 110,949 at around 11:30 Pacific Time.

Lets say about half of those people are p2p on f2p or are using a ad blocker.

110949/2=55474.5

Lets say of that 55474.5 only 40000 play 30 hours.

$3.00*40000

The Grand total equals $120,000 that Jagex makes on f2p players a month.

Member single month subscriptions are $7.95/month

I counted a number of 89,440 at the same time I counted f2p.

(I know some of you are goign to say "but not all the p2p players are on" well to bad since probably not all the f2p players are not on either.)

Lets say everyone of the p2p players is on a monthly membership.

$7.95*89440

The Gran total equals $711048 that Jagex makes on p2p players a month.

This means p2p generates Jagex roughly 591,048 more a month than f2p.

Also don't forget that there are more f2p servers to maintain and a lot more customer support issues.

This is why Jagex should not do any updates for f2p unless they target only low level players fun aspect so maybe they might join p2p.

PS: This is to Toxicologist: a quote you once used that I feel suits you in this thread very well "it is just a bunch of people whipping a dead horse."

$711,048+$120,000=831,048 TOTAL

Then you have:

>Taxes

>Webhost prices, Pretty big with a game so big!

>Employees wages

>Maintanance (sp?)

>Other stuff here.

In the end they dont realy make too much say only 100,000-200,000

This has been dicussed before - search to see if its still around. :?

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Technically, we are not whipping dead horses here as the opposition is still strong.

And JAGeX has stated that ads are the only things keeping F2P running... just.

~Toxicologist~

im a f2p but i agree with members they are paying why should they pay for no reason and theres something coming out this month there was also something for christmas and easter :) there might even be something for halloween:D

Look, if you want updates pay for members. Parents won't let you get it? That's tough. Can't afford it? If you can't afford $5 a month, don't spend time on the computer, help your family a bit.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

• 2 weeks later...

I think that f2p could get a update here or there, besides members can use f2p updates also. If f2p get a update every couple months what is wrong with it except the members screaming Omg!! F2p get an update and don't pay, dats it jagex im not a member no more because f2p gets one update to our 100.

F2p is no trial. Members is simply an expansion pack.

I'm a spammer.! since when is an expansion pack more than 3 thimes the size of the original game. f2p is only a demo of p2p

Wrong. f2p is not a demo or a trial, it's a full game. p2p IS the expansion, its just been constantly expanded a lot the past few years while the f2p updates haven't been keeping up.

Also, you being a spammer might be true, since double posting can be considered spam. #-o

Tetsuya.png

ANOTHER THREAD LIKE THIS AND I'LL GO MAD! Hey, i used to complain a lot about the F2P but... DO WHAT I DID, GET USED TO IT!

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

F2p is no trial. Members is simply an expansion pack.

I'm a spammer.! since when is an expansion pack more than 3 thimes the size of the original game. f2p is only a demo of p2p

Wrong. f2p is not a demo or a trial, it's a full game. p2p IS the expansion, its just been constantly expanded a lot the past few years while the f2p updates haven't been keeping up.

Also, you being a spammer might be true, since double posting can be considered spam. #-o

Thank you. Expansion packs are whatever they make it. Take The Sims for example. There are a total of 7 expansion packs for the original. Each one of these contains a complete set of new items. The first expansion pack multiplies by 5 the amount of people you can use. There are new jobs in a few of the first ones. The later ones give you completely new areas to explore, new options.

But it's still an expansion pack, albeit, a large set of them.

I once again reiterate, P2p is just the (massive) expansion pack of Runescape.

RSN: Mutashi

Not really. Trials will eventually force you to pay one way or another: whether by a time limit, or a heavily restricted content. F2P of Runescape, however; has neither time limit and has lots of contents, so F2P is more like a "Normal" and P2P the "Premium". Even JAGeX used that analogy: "to pay the tithe", meaning it is not compulsory.

But again, since F2P has so much contents it is not a Trial... why are you guys begging?

This is why F2P is not a trial or a demo.

~Toxicologist~

well they recently did give f2p an update but still i am an f2p and i can understand the fact that u dont pay, u dont play i mean come on, is $5 a month really alot. compared to what being members gives u i believe its more than fair......

why am i an f2p u may ask?

simple answer: parents :)

i dont pay the dont give it to me but ill have a job soon so its all good :mrgreen:

kalbatorixfull0ug4rn.jpg

Seling 45548 Airs PM if u want to buy some!

This topic should be locked. I say that overmuch, but seriously: most topics here just promote flaming and pulling the bonds between members of Tip.It apart.

Not that there are any bonds to start with...

~Toxicologist~

God, I am sick of all of the idiots in F2P who think that they deserve updates just as much as Members. I am F2P and understand that we don't pay so we don't deserve the updates. If you want all new Quests, Items, Areas etc then pay the $5 a month.

Sorry but this sort of topic really annoys the hell out of me...

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

This topic should be locked. I say that overmuch, but seriously: most topics here just promote flaming and pulling the bonds between members of Tip.It apart.

This is getting out of control. I agree.

th_borningfourmsig-1.png

Currently going for 76 fishing

This is getting out of control. I agree.

Me too. It tore my clan (http://www.rebelempire.net/RuneScape/) apart!!! ESPECIALLY AFTER THAT BLASTED RUNE ESSENCE UPDATE!!! EVERYONE BOTH F2P AND P2P SUFFERED FROM THAT!!!

TIP.IT MODS, LOCK THIS BLASTED THREAD ALREADY!!!

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Indeed.

There has been a lot of F2P/P2P discussion of late.

This thread is contributing nothing to the forum topic: Discussions and Suggestions.

Nothing has been suggested other than the tired old: OMG!!11!!! F2P DESERVE PHR33 5T00F PL0X!!11!1!

Therefore this thread is being locked. Any attempts to bring this topic up in this forum gain will meet a similar fate.

hugh_mannity.png