Magic Update ?

Serpent_Arc

Not a very complex idea... it just crossed my mind.

What if the requirements for Earth runes were switched to Body runes for Bind, Snare, and Entangle?

Body runes aren't used that often, and most people complain that they have an excess of them in their banks, forum stores, etc., so it seems to me that this simple switch would be beneficial.

Also, since many people don't use them, it would boost the in-game economy, because mage pkers would be needing body runes more. Besides, a large number of spells require Earths, so it's not like the change will affect the price of Earth runes very much.

As they deal with the person's character, it also seems more fitting.

Comments?

Just an idea... :)

sig2.gif

Please do not double-post.

The idea is good, perhaps; but quite excessive. I don't think it will be terribly needed.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Sorry, it isn't excessive; but the problem isn't that severe to require an update. At least that is my opinion, of course...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Sorry, it isn't excessive; but the problem isn't that severe to require an update. At least that is my opinion, of course...

But Jagex updated the look of a bucket with one of their updates... seems to me that this magic update would be better than a silly bucket.

sig2.gif

Well you must be right then.

Either way it doesn't really affect f2p. More or less it messes with the p2p economy.

sig2yq6.png

Presto instant eggs.
i have the solution to "goblin diplomacy"...kill wartface and bentnoze.

Well, the cost of bodies and earths are not terribly different, so why would it mess up the economy? Body runes are cheap and easy to get as it is.

Graphics is one thing, but something that isn't so visible is another.

~Toxicologist~

If summoning is introduced as part of the magic skill, body runes would be a seamless addition to that update. If you're summoning a body of some type, why not use body runes?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

make a new bind for 7 seconds that reduses the enemys def... 2 spells in 1 for about 2 body 3 nat 6 earth 6 water

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

From Me_Hate_Libs

If summoning is introduced as part of the magic skill, body runes would be a seamless addition to that update. If you're summoning a body of some type, why not use body runes?

There is absolutly NO guarentee that summoning will be added to the game. Jagex has said nothing about it. Until they do, I think there is just no real value for body runes.

WFCrest.gif

Hey, guys, y not talk bout summoning on my imp thread

^^ isnt that hijacking or something?

anyways, i dont think this will make a huge difference, but i dont mind the way it is right now.

~Ray

\:D/ Ray::P2P::::Roaming Around::::Phat me pl0x?::::Beamster:: \:D/

reduccionoy9.jpg

Yeah, i hope they use some body runes, I've got tons in my bank. But I heard the Life rune from rsc is going to be released again for summoning.

fastforce.png

lunarvu1.png