Summoning - your expectations?

X31x3

Well, we all know that summoning is probably coming out.

What do you think? Do you expect someone with 90 magic to summon a level 92 demon or a level 42 skeleton?

Personally I think that someone level 98 magic can summon a level 82 monster for a short period of time, maybe one minute, and can only use it against other monsters and you have to have a special "hard to get" object to use it.

:lol:

[EDIT]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be all different levels from 30-40 all the way up to 90 something. It will work the same way as a nechryael summons the little demons to help him fight. They will help you fight things. It will also use soul runes and other various runes to summon them ofr a certain amount of time.

theres no way that the new magic update is summoning. If you read the bts it says something about making everyday tasks more magical. This sounds nothing like summoning to me. So to answer your question i ahve no expectations for summoning, because it isn't coming out. Now its time for jagex to read my message and bring it out just to spurn me.

I just hope it doesn't take another Desert Treasure :(

I think its gonna be set up like ancients, there will be 4 different types of monsters and 4 lvls of them. The first will be like a lvl 25 the second 3 lvl 25's third will have a lvl 45 and last will have 3 lvl 45's

Or something like that.

I bet this mortifier guy by port sarim had a quest you need to do for him. after the quest he guves you an option to switch to summoning and you can buy his armor, mage 80 def 80 needed. gives like 150+ mage bonus with whole set. \'

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

I wish the new spells have a spell named ''Summon a pie''. Then it could be used by throwing it at your opponents head confusing them temporaily so you can kill FTW.

Also it should be used in the wilderness or it would be just kak.

Neocrononom. Rune pure FTW.

Goals - 99 magic, 99 attack.

theres no way that the new magic update is summoning. If you read the bts it says something about making everyday tasks more magical. This sounds nothing like summoning to me. So to answer your question i ahve no expectations for summoning, because it isn't coming out. Now its time for jagex to read my message and bring it out just to spurn me.

Oh yeah?

We are also adding some other smaller features to the game later this month, such as clockwork toys for your cats, teleportation tablets, making your own cups of tea and even chairs you can sit down in.
That turned out to be POH's.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

i think summoning should require a whole bunch of runes. enough so summoning + training a lesser deamon or something requires like 5m gp worth of runes.

but when they die...

mabye you have to use a recall from dead spell which requires like 100 laws. (depending on the monster level)

happiehour.jpeg

Oh yeah?

We are also adding some other smaller features to the game later this month, such as clockwork toys for your cats, teleportation tablets, making your own cups of tea and even chairs you can sit down in.
That turned out to be POH's.

+1

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Another mentally challenged Jagex update no doubt, you can expect the market to fall through, the wilderness to be removed, setable skills (/set allstats 99) what else.. anyone with a brain cell to be IP banned :-k

Nah rly it's gonna be a rip off another game like WoW or anything else that Jagex aspires to create their game to the standards of, hopefully it will never become something good. :3>

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

Summoning...if it really is summoning that they plan to release.

I have a feeling it will not be as spectacularific as people think. Would they really let people summon lessers and greaters and those type of sorta dangerous monsters? It'd probably be at reeeeally high magic level.

Us stuck with bad magic are gonna get to summon sheep and imps and silly things like that. And pies. I want to summon a pie! XD

It could still be fun. Fear my flock of adorable sheep!

XXXX says I'm a noob. And then keeled me with his troop of lvl 100 CW buddies.

Yay for being a Dead Noob. XD

Another mentally challenged Jagex update no doubt, you can expect the market to fall through, the wilderness to be removed, setable skills (/set allstats 99) what else.. anyone with a brain cell to be IP banned :-k

Nah rly it's gonna be a rip off another game like WoW or anything else that Jagex aspires to create their game to the standards of, hopefully it will never become something good. :3>

to me it sounds like you dont even like this game, why are you here?

+1

Heath is right. When Jagex mentioned all the hints at PoH, they actually had something to do with Construction. It was something we all had proof was being ready to be released, and it wasn't that much of a surprise to the people who had been collecting mahogany/teak for weeks before its release. Just because YOU got blindsided doesn't mean Jagex is THAT sly. We all knew it was coming out, if you really thought they were putting an entire update of just chairs, well, I'll leave that to you to sort out.

As such, we haven't seen any evidence for summoning, other than a lot of wishful thinking from people around here. We all know Jagex is horrible at keeping their releases secret, dear lord we had 100+ pics/pages of construction before it was ever released, the KB post for this week has already been released and the update hasn't even come out yet, and still nothing to support summoning.

Expect to be able to note items in your invent, or something like that which just serves to make getting 126 combat easier (ty pest control, chapels, etc etc). Anyone else remember getting 200k+ xp/hr in combat skills until rather recently? Hmm.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

+1

Heath is right. When Jagex mentioned all the hints at PoH, they actually had something to do with Construction. It was something we all had proof was being ready to be released, and it wasn't that much of a surprise to the people who had been collecting mahogany/teak for weeks before its release. Just because YOU got blindsided doesn't mean Jagex is THAT sly. We all knew it was coming out, if you really thought they were putting an entire update of just chairs, well, I'll leave that to you to sort out.

As such, we haven't seen any evidence for summoning, other than a lot of wishful thinking from people around here. We all know Jagex is horrible at keeping their releases secret, dear lord we had 100+ pics/pages of construction before it was ever released, the KB post for this week has already been released and the update hasn't even come out yet, and still nothing to support summoning.

Expect to be able to note items in your invent, or something like that which just serves to make getting 126 combat easier (ty pest control, chapels, etc etc). Anyone else remember getting 200k+ xp/hr in combat skills until rather recently? Hmm.

I seriously doubt that they would add another whole page of spells that isn't summoning. I'm willing to bet cash that I'm right. Also clockwork cat toys, teleportation tablets, ect had NOTHING to do carpentry. Chairs? Yes. NOTHING ELSE. Also, there's been dozens of summoning hints, and even a quest where you NEED to summon to get to the boss.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

+1

I seriously they would add another whole page of spells that isn't summoning. I'm willing to bet cash that I'm right. Also clockwork cat toys, teleportation tablets, ect had NOTHING to do carpentry. Chairs? Yes. NOTHING ELSE. Also, there's been dozens of summoning hints, and even a quest where you NEED to summon to get to the boss.

They said "set" of new spells. No where does it say they're adding a whole new page of spells, a set can include 3 items. :roll:

Got paypal? O:)

newbankofrsyq0.gif

+1

I seriously doubt that they would add another whole page of spells that isn't summoning. I'm willing to bet cash that I'm right. Also clockwork cat toys, teleportation tablets, ect had NOTHING to do carpentry. Chairs? Yes. NOTHING ELSE. Also, there's been dozens of summoning hints, and even a quest where you NEED to summon to get to the boss.

I will take payment through netteller, firepay, or paypal, unless you want to make this gp? Name the price.

+1

I seriously they would add another whole page of spells that isn't summoning. I'm willing to bet cash that I'm right. Also clockwork cat toys, teleportation tablets, ect had NOTHING to do carpentry. Chairs? Yes. NOTHING ELSE. Also, there's been dozens of summoning hints, and even a quest where you NEED to summon to get to the boss.

They said "set" of new spells. No where does it say they're adding a whole new page of spells, a set can include 3 items. :roll:

Got paypal? O:)

The way i see it, they mean a new page of spells.

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

well, i'm in a fantasy of ideas:

a certain object say eggs or even new seeds or disposable rings/necklaces

theres(of course) different types of these objects, they all may summon different forms or morphs of things, like:

a necklace or ring or watever thats summons a...say...skeleton.

a enchanted ruby gold trimmed necklace thingy will summon a lvl 20 skelly, whilst a sapphire gold trimmed thingy will summon a lvl 10 skelly :-k does annnyyyooonnneee get wat i mean, i know it may not be like that but hey, its worth a thought and yes i am in my own little world or weird and wonderful ideas but meh =D>

addymzammyvest,rickster2005.gif

newscape350x19yi5.gif

I bet this mortifier guy by port sarim had a quest you need to do for him. after the quest he guves you an option to switch to summoning and you can buy his armor, mage 80 def 80 needed. gives like 150+ mage bonus with whole set. \'

Mortifer is a Necromancer, not a Summoner. But, when you chat to him, he says: necromancy and Summoning. Why with a capital S? Like Summoning is already a skill. I'll get a screenie of this.

Who said summoning had to be Combat oriented anyhow?

Why couldn't summoning be a skill that you could use to assist you in training skills?

Not saying that it will definitely be like that, but it is a possibility.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva