Too many updates???

Recently jagex has and continues to make their programming life harder and harder on them selves. They have dug themselves into a hole with their update schedule. With 1 minor update a week and 1 major update a month, they have done more harm then good. Lets take a look at each problem individually

A- more bugs: with so many updates they have made it increasingly easier for bugs to get into the game. Not harmless bugs that only cause a laugh, but ones like the recent "fally massacre". As they continue to rush to get things out the door, I suspect bugs, not necessarily as big as the "fally massacre", will continue to creep into the game.

B- Too many quests: with about 1 quest a month, sometimes more, I personally think they are pushing the limit on the number of quests. It is becoming more and more of a goal and accomplishment to do all the quest. Furthermore, new players can use the quest to get a very nice jump-start on skills levels. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t take this the wrong way, I like quests for this purpose, to push you into a new skill. But when I became a member 2 months ago, I made it a goal to do all the quest. After succeeding in 1 month, just the quests alone took all my members skills to level 40 and higher. Overtime, as they continue to make more quests, I think they will just have too many and new players will be overwhelmed by them all and not do them. Or people will just give up and stop doing them, because after a while it may just get boring. Too many quests make them seem "expected", not anticipated.

C- too many items: with all these updates, runescape is starting to have an "overflow" of new items, most of which are not that great for higher levels/ longtime players. It seems to me that jagex is trying to seduce new players into membership with new items for the low levels, and then forget about them as they progress. This can be seen with many companies. When they start out as a small company, they take care of their customers, but as they expand and get larger, they focus on getting more, new customers. They forget about the people that where there from the beginning. I see this with jagex, and unless they attend to this problem more people will notice also. Too many new items have many negative effects on the game-

A- they decrease the value of other items. (Too a certain extent, not a bad thing, but only to a certain extent)

B- they flood the game with too much "stuff". Which because it is not very good, eventually just sits forgotten about.

C- they detract from the overall purpose of the game. This again (I think) is to make the game more appealing to new players. These new players are low level; therefore jagex creates low-level item and updates. This does nothing but flood the members worlds with too many low levels who pay jagex for a few months then quite the game.

Now that I have said all that, I will give my own suggestions.

First of all, if you have not guessed from what I wrote, I think they need to slow done on the updates, for everyoneÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s sake, Jagex included.

Secondly, an update I DO feel is needed. This suggestion addresses the problem of world 2 and the necessity of other players help to do a task. I personally dislike having to wait 15 to 20 mins to get into world 2 to sell/buy, play pest control, or anything else that requires other players. I (and everyone else that is a member) pay jagex for the time they spend playing the game. I feel jagex is wasting not only my money but thousands of other playerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s money as well. Whether you pay jagex or your parents do. It wastes time that WE pay for, and have a right to because of that. So whatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s my solution? "Designated worlds". For example- make world 2 a "buying and selling" only world. Players on world 2 would only be able to access areas around the major banks, could not access their skills panel, and could not fight any npcs. This would help the Runescape economy as well as ease playerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s frustrations with buying and selling in game, making world 2 easier to access. If this does not allow world 2 to always stay open, then possibly a waiting list could be created. Players would click to enter world 2 then as soon as an opening (a player left world 2) was available, they could enter.

Other "Designated Worlds" could be-

A world for pest control ONLY. Players could still play on other worlds, but have a pest control designated world would make it much easier to play and win, without clogging world 2.

A world for rebuilding the church in Mort'ton. This would also ease world 2 clogging and it would help ensure success in building the church and keeping it built.

Well thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s it for now ;). My hands are tired after typing five thousand words.O_o please post any comments and/or suggestions below. And if you stuck through and read the whole thing then you are amazing and I appreciate it.

Happy playing

Artemis1330

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I hate the idea of " only world" Whats the point that we have worlds for? Why not make World 1/2 Merchanting World, World 3 Woodcuttng World, World 4/5 Mining World...

But I agree with the updates.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

you are taking it the wrong way. i know why we have different worlds. so players can play where they have the best connection and to "spread out" the players. but having eveything that requires other players on 1 world only causes frustration and clogging on that world. A "designated world" would help the flow of players, and hlep them acheive greater success at their task, because there are more of them there.

i dont mean 5 or 10 "designated worlds" i mean 1 or 2. the whole purpose of having restrictions on those worlds would be to prevent clogging and help the flow of the game

I hate the idea of " only world" Whats the point that we have worlds for? Why not make World 1/2 Merchanting World, World 3 Woodcuttng World, World 4/5 Mining World...

completely agree. And if there is 1-2 buying selling worlds people will want more specific worlds and runescape will be nothing what it is now

Drgnriderx11.png

fakeconvo3yh.png

And on the updates, yes, they could use more checking, but they're trying to keep customers. It's hard being the owners of a popular game...

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

That's new, someone complaining about updates.

Sorry mate but, I really don't see where you're coming from. The economy is strong still as it is, and JAGeX has proven that they can keep it that way and are not dumb enough to let it be ruined. The guys at JAGeX are, most obviously, very smart when it comes to their game.

I think the updates are a good thing. One month to complete all quests like that is pretty darn fast in my opinion. You could have easily have trained all those skills to 40 in the same time anyway (I can easily train a skil to 40 in less than a day and many skils, like woodcutting can levle multiple skills at a time). I don't think there is a problem there.

And I don't think people are going to be "so overwhelmed with quests that they won't do them" they'll just take them slower possibly. Also, since when have peolpe not made it a goal to finsih all of them, it's been that way for years and years mate, for as long as I can remember (and I started in the same month it was released). Not to mention, it's not a bad thing to have that goal.

Hosan.png

My suggestion for world 2 was never to have more then 1 or 2 designated worlds. There is no point to have a "firemaking world" or a "fishing world". Things like that require only you. What do people go to world 2 for? People go to that server because they require a large amount of players with a common interest (buying/selling, minigames, etc.) Creating a separate world to buy and sell, and another for minigames would allow more people to get together, faster and easier. I just see to many people on world 2 doing things they could do on any other world, even though they are still playing the game. This suggestion would stop that and allow a better flow of people buying/selling and doing minigames.

With the updates, I see no problems with them now. However, 6 months to a year down the road, I think there will be to many minigames, unused weapons/items, and eventually to many short, low reward quests. I enjoy the weekly updates as much as the next person, but that doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mean they are a good thing. As jagex rushes to get things out the door, more bugs will continue to slip by due to less testing time. Less developing time on jagex's part will create more and more low level, easy, low rewarding minigames/items/quests. In 6 months to a year, I just see runescape having way too many updates. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get me wrong, jagex does a great job, I just think they have to be more careful with their programming, and think more about the future of the game and its players.

more updates = addy respawn, rune respawn, stock respawn, and most updates do also rock... \' like this f2p update... i realy gona train there 4ever... and ill use the staves for pking and runemining...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined