kinda scary

spaceboy

Hasn't happened to me, but ive heard of it numerous times and i want to know something about it..

hypothetical situation: a lev 20 walks up and offers 40m to qwerty12345 for a set of veracs. on the second screen the lev 20 has accepted, and sure enough the 40m is there. qwerty12345 things OMFG FREE 34m!!!@@@ he accepts, looks into his inventory, and there's nothing.

does anyone know anything about this scam? It's happened to a few people in my old clan, and i have heard other people talking about it.

I'm not calling your clan-mates liars, but they're probably just saying it was there in the 2nd screen to make it seem as though it wasn't their fault.

But if I'm the dirty liar, then that IS pretty scary!

I'm not calling your clan-mates liars, but they're probably just saying it was there in the 2nd screen to make it seem as though it wasn't their fault.

But if I'm the dirty liar, then that IS pretty scary!

ill go with that, it is pretty embarrasing to fall for that scam, yet people still dont check the 2nd screen and loose mils.

Hapenned to me with a whip, but that day i was really busy and i think i missed the second screen, this is how i think it went>> he offer me 7mill for whip (lvl 125) so i accept and on the second screen i still have a glimpse of a green 5 (which usually means 5mill coz mill appreas in green) then on the inverntory i had absolutely no cash and no whip, scary... :x :x :-k :-k :wall: :wall:

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

I know with packet editors its possible to change the GP on your screen to be any amount you so desire, but supposedly as soon as you drop them or do any sort of action with them (trading), it disappears and resets back to the actual value. ie, you are changing the GP amount on your end, but when the value is checked against Jagex's servers, it is reset back to the correct value.

However, there has recently been a GP dupe, so it could have been a branch off of that where someone was abusing a bug and got lucky that the value didn't reset when they traded it.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

mmhmmm, happened to me ALOT! and, believe it or not, i've got it to work..just accepting really fast after taking cash away - and i mean REALLY REALLY and both have to have accepted....was messing around with a friend and on 2nd screen i saw 20M on it, and yet still 20M in my inventory - we accepted and he was left with nothing, and i had my 20M still, crazy weird

I'm 106 and I'd do it if it wasn't for what Reb posted...

If Reb jumped off a cliff, would you follow him?

:lol: Who wouldn't? :wink:

I know with packet editors its possible to change the GP on your screen to be any amount you so desire, but supposedly as soon as you drop them or do any sort of action with them (trading), it disappears and resets back to the actual value. ie, you are changing the GP amount on your end, but when the value is checked against Jagex's servers, it is reset back to the correct value.

However, there has recently been a GP dupe, so it could have been a branch off of that where someone was abusing a bug and got lucky that the value didn't reset when they traded it.

What do you mean with a recent Gp dupe? O_o

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard