The recognize-a-cover game!

Oy_the_Great

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are an aussie band, their new album thats just come out title refers to a certain stage in an insects life. the one i put up is their first album, although they had ep before.

Hints please :)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

they share a name with a popular movie, a few years old now... also a theory involving cause and affect, aaand the singers name is clint.

580762.jpg

The Butterfly Effect - begins here

---------

That' wasn't easy. Please don't make it too hard Ford; the band can't even be found on wikipedia...

Anyway, here's mine:

coverfo4.jpg

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Hints Oy?

Ford: Then you only guessed my cover because you are an aussie! Baaaad boy. :shame:

Hints? Pft :P

It's only up for 2 hours, I'm sure some one with the same taste in music as me will guess it ;)

heinzny2.jpg

All right, where's Daan when you need him? :P

It's an English band, that's quite a big hint, only a few thousand bands to pick from ;)

heinzny2.jpg

Mogwai - Happy songs for Happy People?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

mogwaicoverup0.jpg

I got 7 of thair albums, really good stuff. If you havnt heard them yet try Sigur Ros, they are like an icelandic version of mogwai but with more lyrics and singing.

Ill post mine in a sec

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

atagf1.jpg

:D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Mogwai - Happy songs for Happy People?

=D>

Thx Merc! Good one.

I got 7 of thair albums, really good stuff. If you havnt heard them yet try Sigur Ros, they are like an icelandic version of mogwai but with more lyrics and singing.

Well, I've seen Sigur RÃÆÃâÃâós live twice, Mogwai once (both awesome live, btw). I know them both for quite a long time, they're exactely my genre of music. But I wouldn't say their music is very closely related though, Sigur RÃÆÃâÃâós can't really be compared with anything, but I'd say MÃÆÃâÃâúm comes very close, if you know them, you'll agree with me :)

Oh, and I 'only' have 6 Mogwai albums, plus 2 live sets, not quite as good as you. :ohnoes:

heinzny2.jpg

When i saw Sigur Ros i saw a band called Amiina which were quite good. You might wanna look into their EP, its only cheap.

Clue for my album cover: Another UK band, and the album i have chosen was their first one back in 94 i belive.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I thought someone would have got this by now, its quite a famous album.

atagf1.jpg

Here's a clue...

30410914-076_med.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Maybe the album isnt quite so popular as i thought? hehe

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Nu-clear by Ash? Or Meltdown or something? *feels like googl'ing*

heinzny2.jpg

Dont cheat when ppl are so very close to getting it ^_^

pic387.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Dont cheat when ppl are so very close to getting it ^_^

Don't forget I'm the Emperor of this thread, I have The Power :P But that last pic gave it away I think, I don't even have the album, it's just obvious now :D

heinzny2.jpg

Cmon ppl... i just dont know how i can make it any easier >.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

There are no more hints. Ive made a very good version of the cover, provided hints about the band and given two seperate clues showing both the Band name and the Album name. I cant give any more without naming the album myself.

If noone gets it my 5:30pm GMT ill post the answer :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi