Can i get banned for looking at forums ? (with answer: YES!)

LJoker

If i'm playing and sometimes looking at forums at same time having 2 windows open.

Normaly it's fast i maximize the Forums window to check anything new then i minimize.

No problems here, but sometimes i take alittle longer and in that way i don't answer to noobs talking to me and manytimes i logout for because of the 2 minutes of inactivity.

Can i get banned for this ?

Ferrari355Spider.jpg

Well the answer belive it or not is YES !

Today i got 1 account banned just like i descrived in the previous post by rule 7 and 6 months ago i got 1 other account banned while fishing sharks and gonne afk to the toilet... some1 talked to me, i didn't answered because i was at toilet... i logout afther 2 minutes.... when i tryied to login my account was banned for braking rule 7.

New question: Should i be mad about it ?

Ferrari355Spider.jpg

Well the answer belive it or not is YES !

Today i got 1 account banned just like i descrived in the previous post by rule 7 and 6 months ago i got 1 other account banned while fishing sharks and gonne afk to the toilet... some1 talked to me, i didn't answered because i was at toilet... i logout afther 2 minutes.... when i tryied to login my account was banned for braking rule 7.

New question: Should i be mad about it ?

Well, you were afk.

You deserved it...

Your sig scares me. :?

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

AFK is not macroing since u don't have a program to keep you logged in.

keep chat on friends or something, that way when ur reported jagex will see that u had chat on friends and won't ban u for not answering to newbies.

Complain about getting banned, tell them that afk is not macroing.

Oh and the time is like 6mins if you're fighting something :D

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

AFK is not macroing since u don't have a program to keep you logged in.

keep chat on friends or something, that way when ur reported jagex will see that u had chat on friends and won't ban u for not answering to newbies.

Complain about getting banned, tell them that afk is not macroing.

Oh and the time is like 6mins if you're fighting something :D

Here you go:

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. Whilst you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

Well, you were afk.

You deserved it...

AFK = Away From Keyboard.

Well i was with my left hand on the keyboard and the right one on the mouse and both eyes on the monitor.

I was with public chat "hide" and private chat "friends". If the appeal works i will play all the rest of my account life with all at "friends"!!!!!

I don't belive that is a good thing!

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. Whilst you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

In first account i was fishing, ok. But in the secound i was pending doing nothing.
Ferrari355Spider.jpg

Let me rephrase.

When i say afk i mean afc, which is away from client, meaning that i'm on another window. then i'm still on comp but not on rs window. that is allowed, eh? lots of ppl do it even with official forums and they're not banned are they.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

No, its not a bannable offense although Jagex do stress you should look at the screen incase you get randomed. Have publis chat on and check and answer questions or ask them evey now and again and theres no way anyone will report you.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

No, its not a bannable offense although Jagex do stress you should look at the screen incase you get randomed. Have publis chat on and check and answer questions or ask them evey now and again and theres no way anyone will report you.
This happened in 30 secounds i was using rsn: "I Try 1" and some1 talked to me:

some1: tye, are you there!

some1: tye

I Try 1: who are you talking to, some1?

some1:erm sorry... not my problem now!

I Try 1: ?

"some1" is not the real RSN. After 15 min i knew what "not my problem now" mean.

That dude today must be sleeping and dreaming of his big achivement of reporting 1000 people macroing, just because they were low levels. And Jagex will make him a RS moderator so other player start to bow at his feet.

I wish he get a ban for abuse reporting. :twisted: Or at least forbiden to report for a while.

Ferrari355Spider.jpg

This happened in 30 secounds i was using rsn: "I Try 1" and some1 talked to me:

some1: tye, are you there!

I Try 1: who are you talking to, some1?

some1:erm sorry... not my problem now!

I Try 1: ?

"some1" is not the real RSN. After 15 min i knew what "not my problem now" mean.

That dude today must be sleeping and dreaming of his big achivement of reporting 1000 people macroing, just because they were low levels. And Jagex will make him a RS moderator so other player start to bow at his feet.

I wish he get a ban for abuse reporting. :twisted: Or at least forbiden to report for a while.

Well, if he couldn't type your name 4 times in a row correctly, then I'd be surprised if he typed it out in the abuse window correctly :oops:

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

I hate it when people call me by the wrong name. "Sm" "Sma" Smapple" "snapple" I just say "who is this xxx person you're talking about?" or "try clicking his name if you want to send him a private message!"

fishing.gif

I know wut you mean, ive never been banned or anything like that but its like if you dont reply to someone ur automatically labeled as an autoer. Sometimes i dont feel like chatting to ppl around me but its almost like ur obligated to just so they wont report you.

scaperunesigjw5.png

Check out my Pocket Slot idea!

If anyone dought of my story you can confirm it by going check forum Pick 'N' Apron Bazaar form this site and see that at that time i was trying to buy ruby rings.

I just started this post now because i was watching worldcup game Portugal vs France (By the way France win 0-1).

Eyrelex, i completly agree with you. :cry:

Ferrari355Spider.jpg

If you were at the key board browing forums you shouldn't have been banned, if you were not at the compute, ie in the bathroom, then you can be banned. But jagex have no way of telling the difference, best thing is just to make sure you only read forums etc for a min before clicking again on the rs window.

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

i dont see y they banned you im afk alot, i run for the mail bathroom, drinks and what not once and a while im playing and ppl talk to me and i dont answer cuz im always on hide public chat

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

If you were at the key board browing forums you shouldn't have been banned, if you were not at the compute, ie in the bathroom, then you can be banned. But jagex have no way of telling the difference, best thing is just to make sure you only read forums etc for a min before clicking again on the rs window.
So in case of dought they bann!

That means that in real life someone steals something and they aren't sure it was you they put you in jail for life just because they aren't sure about it?

i dont see y they banned you im afk alot, i run for the mail bathroom, drinks and what not once and a while im playing and ppl talk to me and i dont answer cuz im always on hide public chat
Belive me, there will be a neewbie that will report you just because your ignoring him while he asking you for free stuff.

Remember what happened the 24 January

Ferrari355Spider.jpg

somtimes im on rs but not doing much just waching peeps.then i get logged out.could i get banned for that?

(eg. standing in cw doing nothing,but w8ing to go in)

also ilike private chats off as u get rid of the noobs(u cant get banned for simply not ansering people)

:-s

newbankofrsyq0.gif

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2306/1kw4.gif[/img]

~ÃÆââ¬Â Ã¢ââ‰â¢ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡ÃâìÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦R ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâàHÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâöNÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÃ

If public chat "off" will result someones ban then Jagex is better remove that option at all. IMO
Yep, that would be wise.

I got another example of how you can get reported for not answering.

Imagine your cooking or fletching unstrugs, you will have lot's of mensages from it and if someone talk to you and your not looking on thouse 5 next secounds his mensage will dissapear from the screen and you will not know he asked anything.

Ferrari355Spider.jpg

Remember what happened the 24 January

ya but i was banned for autoing on lots of there chara, so they banned bmms, not cuz i was afk, yet bmms was legit but they still banned it i had it coming i dont care

but i didnt think of being banned for afk, i always trained afk at the horror of the deep place, well i wasnt afk i was nlrs (not looking at RS) or surfing the web for random junk

but im sure that would be the reason i might have been banned, but thats ok ill put the past behind me i love bmms--jr more then bmms

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

i read this night and woke up today with the answer....( ermmm kind of )

jagex's map opens in a new window and you have to keep flipping between the map and the game if you need to find a place on the map

so what if im looking at their map and clicking their key to find say a shop... meanwhile sum guy is chatting to me and reports me for ignoring him, are you telling me jagex would ban me and not lift the ban?

so send them an e-mail and tell them you were looking at their map and were trying to locate your next destination and were NOT AFK and the ban should be lifted

dev1lukvo1.jpg

If you read one of the rules in the RS forums Code of Conduct one rule specifically says that you WILL NOT get banned for being on the forums and playing the game at the same time. Its specifically stated in the code of conduct that its o.k. If you do get banned send an appeal. I does make me mad that noobs report people all the time for ignoring them. I've been reported probly 25 times for ignoring noobs when im training.

Just go lol when they say they reported you. Makes them look dumb and shows that you are actually there.