Wierd new random ???

Lord-kain1

okay im slaughtering kalphites everything going fine and dandy and i still have hearts over my head for my new black mask and the ownage for which it stands... when all of a sudden a npc named "Security guard" pops up and says " Stop right there!" well im like... uhhh so i click on it despite the fact im in a multicmobat zone and my cannon was just reloaded... only thing i could make out from what he said was something like " my records show you have recovery questions"... the guy kinda looked like one of those security guards from the first star wars movie the ones they get slaughtered at the begining of the movie?

anyone else get this guy and know what he said? never had it before is it new?

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

It's part of the Security stronghold. Quote the Kbase:

The Security Guard

It is the Security Guard's job to make sure everyone in the Stronghold is as secure as possible. If the rumbling of the dungeon doesn't warn you enough, he might arrive to remind you to set your Recovery Questions. He's also a formidable warrior, so it's best not to get on his bad side.

Edit: I don't know why he'd call in the KQL though...

okay im slaughtering kalphites everything going fine and dandy and i still have hearts over my head for my new black mask and the ownage for which it stands... when all of a sudden a npc named "Security guard" pops up and says " Stop right there!" well im like... uhhh so i click on it despite the fact im in a multicmobat zone and my cannon was just reloaded... only thing i could make out from what he said was something like "....

LK1

err, to my knowledge there are no kalphites in the sec stronghold

i thought this occurence only happened IN the s'hold itself, not outside as its an area specific rando

I got one too, something about checking out the new minigame (the f2p one) also you can attack it (for some reason) but then it got weird because I was in multicombat and my friend and I were kiling the guy. Don't know what he drops because we ran.

ssiggiewtextwf9.png

me4391.png

Me4391.png

"I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute."

-Paris Hilton

Had him twice now. First time cooking at Rogues Den I killed him accidentally, his attack is very poor and at least he didn't hit me once even that didn't have any armour.. :P He drops only bones. Second time at metal dragons I talked to him and he told me that I have recovery questions set up and gave me a sapphire.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

okay im slaughtering kalphites everything going fine and dandy and i still have hearts over my head for my new black mask and the ownage for which it stands... when all of a sudden a npc named "Security guard" pops up and says " Stop right there!" well im like... uhhh so i click on it despite the fact im in a multicmobat zone and my cannon was just reloaded... only thing i could make out from what he said was something like "....

LK1

err, to my knowledge there are no kalphites in the sec stronghold

i thought this occurence only happened IN the s'hold itself, not outside as its an area specific rando

I get that and the event that was supposed to come out was the beehive so I wonder if this is a thing not wanted or a hidden u'date.

I found it... Hidden Update anyone?

Security Guard

Security Guards wander the land of RuneScape, looking for players whose recovery questions haven't been set. Have a quick chat and they'll be on their way.

It's a new random event.... And it was proably released with the Security Stronghold.

If you fight him....you get one XP point if you choose to attack him.

Ex: If your using str, and u hit like a 14 or something, only ONE STRENGTH XP POINT will be added to your strength total. It wont be 14x4 thing.

Like if you have 40000 strength xp, and hit him with a 14, it will be 40001.

So if you choose to fight him, It would be a waste of time.

tifsbti6oi.gif

i know this has been posted before about the guard. but i thought i'd include the picture.

[EDIT] ok i know that the picture didn't work. go onto the runescape homepage

Security Guard

Security Guards wander the land of RuneScape, looking for players whose recovery questions haven't been set. Have a quick chat and they'll be on their way.http://www.runescape.com

I got him inside the barbarian village longhall while training ranging twice. The first time, I left clicked so I didn't get anything. But the second time, I think I got gp, not a security book...

...|>..

.\.|>..

Ok just to clear something up, if you attack him on acident just right click and select talk to. he will stop attacking you and still give you a reward.

Rubber chicken, you're the one,

who makes Runescape, so much fun!

Would be fun if jagex brought in biological warfare... Or even Tesla coils.

I like to eat cake while excruciating!

I've gotten him 3 times... he gives you a security book.

Hmm. He gave me a kebab.

Something new--did ya know you can attack him even if he's talking to someone else?

vraptor_con_small.jpg

Guest TaDaraCampbell

was this an old topic and some1 bumped it?!?! everyone knows about the security guard by now! you can get it anywhere.