Suguest me any new rpgs?

eye_merchant

im looking for a good online rpg, like rs. I got banned from rs, i hate world of warcraft.

i have a xbox360, and pc (obviously). I herd final fantasy was good for xbox 360.

please help. ty.

look here for Final Fantasy XI screenshots: (i expected a little better from the ever so popular 360, look at the landscape #-o )

http://www.foodmonsters.org/

ipodsig0jv.png

beast2008: 100 combat - banned july 9th 2006

~R.I.P the old nite~

RPG games ported to any console are going to suck. Stick to PC gaming for sweet ORPG's .

Why do you hate WoW?

I suggest Everquest, Guild Wars or Star Wars galaxies.

cyco_1.jpg

i hate WOW because its too.. uh. How should i say it.. quiet? whenever you talk to people they ignor you etc. I just cant stand the community, maby i just had a bad experence? maby i didnt like it because i know everything in rs, and am wealthy, and have high levels. then i go to WOW and im poor, know nothing about the game, and i have no stats.

you know how you can pick different servers? im kahaz modan or watever, but what i never understod was whats the difference between pvp and other server thing.

has anyone herd anything about the Final Fantasy XI game for xbox 360? Its rated number 5 out of all xbox live games.

ipodsig0jv.png

beast2008: 100 combat - banned july 9th 2006

~R.I.P the old nite~

Perenolde is a pretty freindly realm...Just stay away from the forums. Lots of PvP "Noob! No you're a noob! No you!" stuff, but everyone still generally likes eachother at the end of the day. :P

I think you just had a bad experience.

Furthermore...Since when did Sony lose the exclusivity rights to FF?

Oh, and the classic question: Why were you banned? 8-)

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

RPG games ported to any console are going to suck. Stick to PC gaming for sweet ORPG's .

Why do you hate WoW?

I suggest Everquest, Guild Wars or Star Wars galaxies.

NO and dear god no.

Don't play those two unless you like playing a class you have no idea what it will be like 2 weeks from than. Anyways, I'd say yes to PRE-CU SWG, but post-cu swg is horrible.. just oversimplified crap imo.

Guild wars maybe, way too instanced for me though.

I agree, WoW is horrible, stay away from it.

I guess it depends. There aren't too many good MMO's out there. (age of conan will own when it hits this winter). I'd sugest Lineage II perhaps, very good PvP game. (although, it is hard to get stuff. You have to play the game smart).

Maybe EVE Online. Great community and if you don't have much time to 'level' in a game it could work. It's only worth it (IMO) if you are a huge pvper though.

Dark age of camelot I would have recomended... a month ago, but EA took it over so it's realy in question on how long it will last (*cough*Earth and Beyond*cough*)

UO has been screwed realy since EA took it over too. Made the games death penelty less severe, screwed it up.

Lets see here...

If you want to play something free you could try these:

Anarchy Online you can play for free in the first game. If you get the expansion you than have to pay monthly to go to expansion world.

HERO Online is a new korean game that's in beta-ish I belive. It's new so you might catch up with some people (I haven't played it yet though)

Shadowbane was a great PvP game back in the day, but I don't know how the community is holding up right now. The game is completly free at the moment, but I can't comment on how many players play it.

-----

Anyways, it would help if I knew what kind of MMORPG you'd want. There are quite a few of them.

WoW is an excellent game, and if you still have it and play it, i will gladdly play with you on the bloodhoof server.

Guild wars i have heard is good.

For FFXI, well i havent played it (nor do i plan to unless someone can explain some of the story line to me), but i heard its ok, not the best though. And if you do like final fantasy, i heard its preatty good, and youll know what your doing fairly quick.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Everquest 2 ftl!

Fixed your post.

:shock: .

I'll elaborate a bit more on EQ2:

I played the game for about 2 months. For the first.. month or so it was a blast. Had a lot of fun just leveling up, enjoying the game. However, let it be known (if you play on a PvP server), the only good pvp is realy lvls 10-30. After that it slowly progresses and gets worse.

Sony has a habit as well for letting out the nerf stick every Live Update. LU24 was one of the biggest. It introduced nerfs that (IMO) wern't needed at all. There were maybe some small changes they could do (such as summoners being slightly overpowered in PvE) but it was fine.

They decided to change all sort of stuff. They changed the Bards charm skill, for example, from a 10 minute (or so) charm to a 5 SECOND charm. Now common, thats just enough to charm a mob, have it walk up to you, get uncharmed and maul you. Hardly powerful.

24 classes is way too much for sony to even try to 'ballance'. They had it close Pre-LU24, but after LU24 it screwed it up more. Wizards (the class I play) had their roots cut in durration. In return we got an entire 5% more chance for it not to break, vs 5 seconds length.

Some of our skills just got out of wack because of it. My skill Ring of cold, for instance, used to be a 20 second re-cast, 20 second length. So I could chain root mobs (it was an encounter (multi-mob) root.) In LU24 it was changed to a length of 15 seconds, but recast stayed the same. This made it so that, for 5 seconds, I am a chicken running around with his head cut off.

Now if you don't know, wizards in game are like walking paper. I even get poked and I get decimated, it's bad. To a wizard our root is our only deffense, and obviously it got nerfed like no other.

Plenty of other classes got a bad end of the nerf stick as well, rendering some almost useless.

As far as WoW goes, it is a great beginner MMO. For people just starting to play their own mmo,and those who like to be walked through everything with someone holding their hand. :)

Anyways, like I said i'd like to know more of what you like, your playstyle, ect. Right now i'm offering games that I think I would (or do) enjoy, which are mostly heavy PvP games that aren't easy.

As far as WoW goes, it is a great beginner MMO. For people just starting to play their own mmo,and those who like to be walked through everything with someone holding their hand. :)

I dont see how its begginer... I know its easy to learn and everything, but its been no easy treak to get where i am now.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I dont see how its begginer... I know its easy to learn and everything, but its been no easy treak to get where i am now.

If waiting to orginize a raid for 4 hours is hard, than yeah WoW is the hardest game in the world.

Lion, play another game and then come back and tell me how WoW is on par of difficulty. The game is a cakewalk to level (can easily hit max cap in a couple of months) and the PvP is very risk-free. (wow, your stuff goes down in durability ;o o noes).

Anyways, WoW is generaly refered to as an easy MMO. Why do you think it has so many subscribers? Because a lot of the 'average joe' people who try playing it start having a lot of fun because it's so easy to get into. However, come some months down the road when they hit the cap and they suddenly realize that all of WoW's grind is nicely packaged up and hidden for 'end game' items.

Meanwhile, I get to look foward to this when I get in the higher levels in Lineage II:

- Castle sieges, actualy being able to siege and own a castle. (these generaly have a couple hundred of players in them).

- End game raids. This isn't your "30 person (whatever) party for a raid in WoW or everquest" this is a 200 person raid against a monster that still can own the crap out of you. It takes skill, dedication and teamwork. Trust me, go look for Lineage II videos on the first time Valkryias (sp?) was killed.

- Become a hero. Fight in the Grand Olympiad and have a chance to become a hero, allowing you to become quite a powerful beast. The Grand Olympiad is a huge tournyment that the max level's compete in. There can only be one hero of each race.

- PvP, PvP, PvP. Lineage II has some of the best PvP in a game, and high end PvP doesn't become the lame 1 shot fest EQ2 high end pvp has, nor does it become a race to farm honor in WoW.

Also, you have to level up smart in Lineage II. For example, if you go all out, spend your cash on healing potions, haste potions, soulshots, ect. Generaly stuff that helps you level faster, you will hit a wall where it will be very hard for you to continue with your current items. The game is ment to be a challange.

Also, I forgot to mention subclasses. You can get a subclass when you hit 75 (or 78 I can't remember) and level it all the way up. You can then get a subclass of your subclass once you level the second up.

The way subclasses work is that when your in town, you can talk to someone (I forget who) and change your class. Gives you a lot more options for when you go to PvP without having to alt it up all the time.

I'm not even going to go into EVE's PvP system. If you die, you better have insurence on your ship, because you lose everything.

Ok i can see your point, it is extreamly easy to lve in WoW,

Also srry to take the topic, but if anyone reads this and knows how much it is to play FFXI on the computer per month, i would appreciate it. After this summer i might play XI.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Ok i can see your point, it is extreamly easy to lve in WoW,

Also srry to take the topic, but if anyone reads this and knows how much it is to play FFXI on the computer per month, i would appreciate it. After this summer i might play XI.

I think its 15$ a month like everything else?

I heard leveling is very slow in FFXI btw, and grouping is a must. :)

Friend of mine said 5$ but i want to make sure... cause if its 15, i dont have a credit card, and my parents wont be happy...

Also thats the only thing that makes me think that XI dosent deserve to be called a FF game, cause of grouping... I want to be able to go through some of the story line alone, and i wished the story line would be as epic as any other FF. Aparently from what i hear, its not though.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Friend of mine said 5$ but i want to make sure... cause if its 15, i dont have a credit card, and my parents wont be happy...

Also thats the only thing that makes me think that XI dosent deserve to be called a FF game, cause of grouping... I want to be able to go through some of the story line alone, and i wished the story line would be as epic as any other FF. Aparently from what i hear, its not though.

Nah I heard it's a decent bit of grinding (takes longer than Lineage II to level up though).

This is all just from what I heard though, so don't quote me on that.

btw:

Monthly Fee: $12.95

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setV ... /gameID/74

little bit cheeper than I thought.