Tip.It Times Presents: Just call me the Exterminator!

Kiara_Kat

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was considerable correspondence on the forums recently about the higher level players (combat 90+) going off, hiding out and playing where they hoped the lower levels couldnâââ‰â¢t find them. After some debate, I believe that a group of combat level 70 âââ‰â¬Å 90 players set themselves up with a private website as well. This left the level 40 âââ‰â¬Å 70s complaining that nobody loved them or wanted them on their team.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

40-70's = EMOs :D

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, my friends, I'm also guilty of spending hours and hours hacking and slashing those portals. I do not agree with the author of this week's Times in that the games should be segregated by level, because many times I have been humbled by somebody of a far lower combat level than me. Yes- it is the teamwork that matters. Does that mean a level 60, or even level 50 for that matter, isn't able to contribute? If people want to organize their own 1-minute rounds with just their buddies, they should be free to do so. Personally, I really wouldn't mind that. It's true- the more high leveled players there are, the harder it is to get your share of experience! Nonetheless, I believe Pest Control is not only one of the more exciting mini games, but the most rewarding. Two hours of good gameplay yields 1 or 2 levels to a combat stat- regardless of what level you are. People should be free to play in whichever world they feel like- and that's also part of teamwork. Accepting those who are of lower stats than you are is just as important as killing those spinners.

barrowsmghost,eaglecomix.gif

Now for those who do see some controversy in this, it seems to have to do with the Editor's opinion that levels should be somewhat "segregated".

To me, he/she just seems to be giving his opinion that like-levels will probably have a more fun time playing together. I didn't detect any disdain for lower levels. If you dislike Pest Control (I have yet to even try it) because it encourages like-levels to play together, there's always Castle Wars that has plenty of opportunities for people of all levels.

To the detractors: I'm going to have to agree with Doc here and some others in that the game takes some skill. I've had problems at level 80ish or so getting zeal-- I figure when I go back, I'll get some better weapons, use the stat boosting prayers, maybe quaff a super set if I'm in some really fast games, etc.

The frustration goes both ways. I tend to hit 0's on the portals although I sometimes manage to poison them, though, because I use a dds-- *waits for comments on how it's a noobish weapon for training*. So... I concentrate a little more on spinners. You know how frustrating it is when some hi lev decides to kill them for you instead?

It *is* about teamwork... everybody decides beforehand where they're going to be most effective, and then heads out. So some higher-levs decided to split off and form their own groups, and then make websites to better coordinate their efforts? So what? I bet you'd be cheesed when people shout orders but don't seem to do the work, or the idiot who keeps leaving the door open... on purpose, or people fight to get their 50 points and then do nothing. Wouldn't you try to form your own group to avoid that? You take some chances when you go with a random group of people.

There is nothing that says some lower-leveled players can't get their higher-level friends together for a group and then decide they'll fight spinners or protect the Void Knight. Heck, mid-level rangers can stick around to kill the monsters ranging the Knight...

It's a popular mini-game, so naturally there's going to be some peeps that decide things are unfair or that the Editor was unfair. Aside from Castle Wars, the Duel Arena, and Tears of Guthix, many other mini-games haven't been popular. People stopped going to the Blast Furnace in groups because it could be done solo very profitably. (But I still gathered some groups there a few times and had a good time.) The Rat Pits... is anyone playing that mini-game? The Magic Training Arena? Besides the few that decided to get part or full Infinity, is anyone playing it anymore, to get anything else? I could be dead wrong about the popularity of those mini-games, but I would imagine people would complain if they were popular.

Don't get me started on what I thought when I saw a 'Let F2P play Castle Wars' thread...

In my opinion Pest Control is not worth it if your str/mag/def/atk/hp level is under 80. Under 80 it's faster to train on monsters. Except for prayer which is good above 65.

What I hate is when people start bossing around or saying "my monster" "My portal!", it's really annoying in teamwork games.

Fight Pits, are great for clans to fight each other at full strength without losing stuff.

Magic training arena is nice with the enchanting which van get you about 100K exp per hour if your magic is above level 87. Infinity robes are quite good way to get money. Not my fav though.

Blast Furnace was deserted after 3 days ROFL.

Games Room, great to have fun with your friends.

Castle wars, is a great minigame, but stealing a flag isn't what you call a war. It would have been more fun if you have to break through a few games and destroy the main camp which is behind like 5 gates, secret paths for agile players, teleporters that can be used by high level mages.

There was considerable correspondence on the forums recently about the higher level players (combat 90+) going off, hiding out and playing where they hoped the lower levels couldnÃÆïÃâÿÃâýt find them. After some debate, I believe that a group of combat level 70 ÃÆïÃâÿÃâý 90 players set themselves up with a private website as well.

So what is this 'high level world' ? :-k

Or have I misunderstood you people and isn't there such a world ?

tifsbti6oi.gif

After only being a member for a month I decided to check out Pest Control. Even as a Level 57 I'm still able to rack up nearly 200 zeal on occasions! I do this by targetting Spinners, Ravagers, Shifters and Defilers primarily. I rack up a lot more xp and zeal by doing these things, especially when i take out a nice Level 113(?) Shifter :P

runemrune,Mr%20Vegetabl2.gif

Legends Quest Completed 4th April 2007 Combat Level 79

Visit my blog! The MrVegetable Diaries

I agree with this completely. I am in one of the upper end groups and I will tell you, I am level 95 and I have to work quickly to get my 50 points even while using a whip and 4 dds specials. I have seen a few low levels attempt it on a world we are on and they just simply cannot get zeal, sure your free to go to whatever world you want. Yet, if your not getting any points at all, then why are you even there.

sir%20nomad.gif

i like pest control but i have a few rants... too many noobs...yes tooooo many noobs who leave the doors open, or are just of no use. too many people who get 50 damage then stand. my big rant is when ur on a large world U CANT EXIT THE BOAT!!!! u no how it says youve been given priority lvl 1, 2 etc. well if that message occurs while ur tryin to exit the boat, it keeps u in teh boat, so if i accidnetaly baord the boa ti cant walk off!!! jagex, fix it lol

as far as pest control this is the main reason us high lvl players (105+) do not want to play with lower lvl people

LOW LVL PEOPLE KILL MONSTERS

killing monsters in NO way helps to win the pest control game. ive played games where no one defends the knight and games are over in 30sec-1 min.

if you are a pure, low lvl, wierdo and only want to kill monsters please go to world 78 and leave the high lvl crews alone.

OK i dont see how its hard to get the zeal bonus (?? is that an official name, it came up 4 times in the article ??). i have absolutely no problem getting 300+ damage points in world 78. i admit i am a total pc addict :) Once I have done a few quests for the day, and trained herblore a bit, i go and spend the rest of my time on pc (level prayer ftw!) its a fun way to train combat, get FAST and FREE prayer experience, and make more money than i normally would training combat...

OK i dont see how its hard to get the zeal bonus (?? is that an official name, it came up 4 times in the article ??). i have absolutely no problem getting 300+ damage points in world 78. i admit i am a total pc addict :) Once I have done a few quests for the day, and trained herblore a bit, i go and spend the rest of my time on pc (level prayer ftw!) its a fun way to train combat, get FAST and FREE prayer experience, and make more money than i normally would training combat...

But nothing beats the ectofuntus for prayer xp (dragon bones) FTW!!!

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

OK, so i started playing PC for the first time today after reading the article, (first mini-game I've actually played since getting mems 3 months ago) and after playing 100 games i have.. wait for it... ONE WIN!!!!!!! This has to be the most frustrating game in RS.

I took the two minutes required to read the guide and paid attention the first few game I played and now I know what needs to be done, more or less.

What really makes me mad is the people you tell over and over how to get wins and they refuse to listen, or they use the lame and tired "my main owns you n00b so sdfu."

Like it or not, it's the lower level players who ruin the game 9 times out of 10. I decided to play because I wanted the xp from wins, the same which, it seems, can't be said for the low levels and the sad little ego freaks that think levels in RS mean anything in life and don't want to listen.

Conclusion.. It's just not fun. Maybe it would make a bit of difference if you had to read thru a tutorial before you played.. that way at least you should know what's going on.

Currently Selling: Supers of all kinds and Splitbark Armour. PM me in-game for both.

Today i managed to get into a few clans. the problem is, eventually lower levels discover that 'jackpot' of high levels and they all want to join in. then we start losing games because not everybody can contribute as much as we're used to with all high levels, and everybody switches worlds, and since im not officially in any clans i get left behind :boohoo:

Man I love pest control it's the main reason I wnet from a 65 to a 73. Anyway I need some help with the game. I want to help destroy the portals but I keep hitting 0s, I have a d long and a ddsp and I can't afford a whip. With that in mind what level do you think I should get to before I can start destroying the portals?

fathertime89.png

Smithing-48 strength-66 Ranged-47 Magic-55

Humor is reason gone mad- Groucho Marx

I am a nobody and nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect.