The Road To A Santa

I am currently trying to merchant my way to a Santa.

Total Amount of cash (updated daily)

5.4 mil + 2 rune sets / 18.5 mil

Predicting that santas will have gone up by the time I make the money I have made the total count out of 18.5 million. It may even be more

seeing as people will want to start merchanting them so they can sell during christmas time for a payload.

I will be merchanting every day THE WHOLE TIME when I am on Rs.

So far I have been trying to merchant:

Dragon Woodcutting Axes - Buy 1.35-1.4 Sell 1.5

(hard to get them cheap so slow)

Abbysal Whips - Buy 2.6 Sell 2.65

(easy to buy, a bit effort to sell, too many auto typers)

Raw Lobsters - Buy 200 Sell 230

(good FAST money, just hard to find a perm buyer in such masses =/)

*maybe if someon tries a 99 cooking blog I can sell them* :pray:

Nature Runes - Buy 285 Sell 300

(hard to buy, easy to sell, meh)

It is apparent that buying cheaper items in bulk will net more overall profit but the problem arises of selling in such high quantities when investing this much money into them. High costing items are easier to sell due to them only being 1 but provide less profit and are hard to sell.

If you have any suggestions on what has worked for you please post, as many of you hear try for Phats so a santa is a minimal rare to earn (for master merchanters). Many of you say you merchant phats. What did you do to build up enough money to merchant phats. :? Please no "I bought santas when they were 100k."

Anywho no one will read it due to it being just another merchanting thread and because it has only 1 picture :wall:. Don't try to hide it I know that you only look at pictures :? so I will post the lame pics of inventory pic with money count each day.

Day 1

Confused on what to merchant. Just looking around at what is high in demand from people. Sold a few Dragon axes and 2 whips. Meh not at this rate I will never get a santa. Still debating on whether lobs will get me more money as I find it impossible to sell them. Hoping a miracle happens and I find someone going for 99 cooking will buy lobs for 230 each from me :(

merchantingforasanta.pngstart of day 1

day1merchanting.pngend of day 1

Not bad, not great either :?

Going on vacation in 2 days isn't going to help either.

So I want to get at least 10 mil before I go on vacation so I am at least at halfway mark (assuming they go up a little by the time I get back) which is at the wonderful date of August 26th.

Day 2

Wow those Dragon Bones Really Claned Me Out :shock:

merchnatingdbones.png

My Entire Fortune Wrests in the Hands of these Dragon Bones.

Really scary when you look at those dragon bones and think HOLY SHIZM that's everything I've ever worked for.

I just hope I can pull a profit off of these as it seems sometimes sellers were a bit too reluctanct to sell. :-s :-k

If I do however sell them like a pervious poster said I will have made 1 mil which will be a really nice profit from just 1 load.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

3 days? I don't think so.

I would be happy if I made a mil a day.

I don't know what to merchant. As I said things in mass give better money but are hard to sell in huge quantities (75k lobs?!?!?). Then things like whips are FAST and easy money, but there are too many auto typers.

good luck i hope you get the santa before the prices go out of control like phats. and sorry i cant help you with merchanting im **** at it \' :D

By the way, Verac only hits through prayer as an NPC, so if you wear it against people who prays, it wouldn't work.

seen your vids man YOU RULE!

Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. Besides the letting it rot away collecting interest everyday like some people I actualy want to wear it lol.

Hopefully will take a month tops so I should get it before the majority of the merchanters start cashing in on christmas.

hmmm... I tried that....I hate pkers.....I hate losing glories....profit is great....but oh do I hate pkers. Meh sometimes I even die from abbys creatures because the eyes dont want to be distracted.

Thinking about doing it again though since the payout is great.

Santa hat = 60k nats.

60k nats w/ pouches = 1,764 tripts.

1,764 trips = A really long time.

I might lose glories so that might set me back a few hundred trips no biggie. BUT DANG THOSE POUCHES. I HATE GETTING THEM BACK. ATM I dont even have any because I gave up when I got pked twice in a row.

Edit: Would get me to 68 Runecrafting which is very cool lol.

You might have persuaded me lol.

Edit 2: Forgot to fill in I could use large pouches at a certain lvl so I will recalculate.

Current xp to lvl 50 = 3,870 nats = 113 trips :) I like this number.

From 3,870 nats to 60k nats (42 per trip now) = 1337 trips (omg kool)

1337 trips (Oo)

+ 113 trips

1,450 trips.

Not too bad.

Now just figure in the cost of how many glories I lose, how I may not have all the pouches since when I get pked its a pain to get the ALL back.

Now I just need to figure out how many trips I can do in an hour. And then figure in how many hours it will take me to do this. Then divide those hours in the theh # of days left before vacation (2) and the # number of days left before I go to school after I return from vacation (3). So 1,450 trips in 5 days = 290 trips a day. Not really possible because I dont play 14.5 hours a day. Would get really close to a Santa hat though and could easily make it by working an hour or two everyday once school starts.

If you merchant (smartly) you will make the money much quicker than running nats (though it is still great money maker). Try different merchanting techniques.

For Instance what I would do is buy 1k dragon bones off the forums for 2.4mill and sell for 2.7mill 30mins later (easily done). Yes I know its a bit dicey to do, but geez it got me my first rare really quickly. :D

you can sell raw lobs for 250 ea easy try the rs forums, and again u can sell nats for 320 easy try rs forums

I do but I' not very impressed. Many people sell them (15k+) for 220 each :!: So its enough at 230 when they come to me and then say "oh nm found a better deal." Would be impossible to sell for 250 UNLESS I get about 50k so the lvl 99 cooker skillers will want buy in that mess.

lol. I actualy want to wear it, plus its an investment that collect money everyday without me even logging on. Say I have finals. I dont log on but I'm still making partial interest from my santa with a skyrocket on christmas.

Oh and people its hard enough to sell for 230 so I dont think 250 is possible.

Well, good luck.

But I'd like to make a suggestion.

It isn't very good idea to buy something cheap and sell something expensive. It's a waste of times due to many people delincing and says "LOL, that's a noob price." usually you can sell for less than you buy.

I'd make the items myself. And trust me, Santa Hat isn't very easy to get. It will take you months.

But I wish you best of luck. \'

Months? I checked rs forums are 6 posts say selling santa hat 18-19 mil.

The money won't take that long. Im making a mil a day which isnt good or bad.

Im starting to hate lobsters though they're a pain in the butt to sell.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Needs to be in high demand, fast to sell.

IM at 8 mil right now.

Really starting to wish I didn't give that 2 mil away :? Anyways hes happy so I guess its alright.

I'm getting really tired of merchanting lobs moreso because im feeling guilty because the majority of the lobsters I buy are from lvl 3 autoers of which no more than 3% are skillers, since they are the only ones that sell for 200 each.

So I have decided to buy dragon bones for 2.4-2.5 each and sell them for 2.7-2.8 each.

Wow those Dragon Bones Really Claned Me Out :shock:

merchnatingdbones.png

My Entire Fortune Wrests in the Hands of these Dragon Bones.

Really scary when you look at those dragon bones and think HOLY SHIZM that's everything I've ever worked for.

I just hope I can pull a profit off of these as it seems sometimes sellers were a bit too reluctanct to sell. :-s :-k

If I do however sell them like a pervious poster said I will have made 1 mil which will be a really nice profit from just 1 load.

Well, good luck.

But I'd like to make a suggestion.

It isn't very good idea to buy something cheap and sell something expensive. It's a waste of times due to many people delincing and says "LOL, that's a noob price." usually you can sell for less than you buy.

I'd make the items myself. And trust me, Santa Hat isn't very easy to get. It will take you months.

But I wish you best of luck. \'

Not if your smart. That's why not everyone can merchant! :wink:

Good Luck with the D Bone selling Deg!

• 3 weeks later...

SANTA HAT MERCHANTING IS PERMANENTLY CANCELLED!

Not alowed to say names here :evil: but a

good friend
who I had given a dragon axe for free to the other day decided to scam me of the 10 mil I had merchanted so far. :evil: F U!

SANTA HAT MERCHANTING IS PERMANENTLY CANCELLED!

Not alowed to say names here :evil: but a

good friend
who I had given a dragon axe for free to the other day decided to scam me of the 10 mil I had merchanted so far. :evil: F U!

omg! :shock:

Don't give up though. I've been hacked once and scammed several times, and i'm up to 4 santa hats. :-w (increases every day due to massive barrows luck :) )