Girl murdered by her family

Evadek

Er well, the KKK was built upon "White Christian values". So yes. :P

They claim to stand for White Christian values, they weren't built on it.

I'm trying to figure out a big difference in these two statements. So far, no luck.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morality is doing what is right no matter what people say,

religion is doing what people say no matter what is right

over simplified but true, fortuanetly they do match up every once in awhile.

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42

Er well, the KKK was built upon "White Christian values". So yes. :P

They claim to stand for White Christian values, they weren't built on it.

I'm trying to figure out a big difference in these two statements. So far, no luck.

Get Ghost to explain it to you. Seems like he got the smart genes.

Nevermind, might as well do it myself.

they weren't built on it.

When KKK was created, its purpose was nothing related to Christianity. Hence, it wasn't built on Christianity.

The original Ku Klux Klan was created after the end of the American Civil War on December 24, 1865, by six educated, middle-class Confederate veterans[2] who were bored with postwar Pulaski, Tennessee. The name was constructed by combining the Greek "kyklos" (circle) with "clan."[3] The founders spelled Clan with a K to give the name of the organization more flair though alliteration. It was at first a humorous social club centering on practical jokes and hazing rituals.[4] The Ku Klux Klan was, in its inception, a social club for young men seeking amusement and entertainment. Members would make midnight raids on the town of Pulaski dressed in elaborate costumes consisting of bedsheets or masks pretending to be ghosts or demons in order to frighten or amuse townspeople. However, the KKK soon spread into nearly every Southern state, launching a "reign of terror" against Republican leaders both black and white. Those assassinated during the campaign included Arkansas Congressman James M. Hinds, three members of the South Carolina legislature, and several men who had served in constitutional conventions."

Then the other:

They claim to stand for White Christian values

Now, KKK claims it stands for Christian values. The irony is, along with racism and anti-Semitism, it also practices anti-Catholicism. In case you don't know, the Roman Catholic Church is the largest Christian Church. So technically, they don't stand for 'White Christian values' either.

Get Ghost to explain it to you. Seems like he got the smart genes.

Oh that's harsh! Sorry for asking a question homie, didn't realize it offended you. I would defend myself, but instead we are just going to make fun of you.

Thanks for explaining it to me though, I was just having a little trouble understanding what you were trying to say.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

You left yourself open. :wink:

Oh did I? I didn't realize I was saying anything to encourage you to make fun of me.

You're a very irritating person.

It may be 'sick' but it's religion. Personally...well I don't want to be against what they did because they had their reasons but that is just stupid... :cry:

I think you're confusing religion with culture. I don't think any major religion condones this sort of thing. However, people still practice things that may have happened in the country traditionally, but are now considered barbaric. Honor killing is one of them. It doesn't justify what the family and it's tragic that people take some things to the extreme.

Pyrotilly.png[br]

It may be 'sick' but it's religion. Personally...well I don't want to be against what they did because they had their reasons but that is just stupid... :cry:

I think you're confusing religion with culture. I don't think any major religion condones this sort of thing. However, people still practice things that may have happened in the country traditionally, but are now considered barbaric. Honor killing is one of them. It doesn't justify what the family and it's tragic that people take some things to the extreme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zina_%28se ... slamic_Law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_kill ... slamic_law

A little confused, did you even read the link you just posted?

There is no specific mention of honor killing in the Qur'an or Hadiths..

An honor killing, in Islamic definitions, refers specifically to extra-legal punishment by the family against the woman, and is technically forbidden by the Sharia (Islamic law). Some Islamic religious authorities and Muslims in general, disagree with extra-legal punishments such as honor killing and prohibit it, since they consider the practice to be a cultural issue. They believe that since certain pre-Islamic cultures have influence over a number of Muslims, murderers of females use Islam to justify honor killing, even though there is no support for the act in the religion itself.

Kinda killing your own argument don't you think?

turnip3zk1.png

What argument, I just posted links O:)

Who are you btw? Someone who felt the need to hide his own identity by making another account I'm sure. Is being destroyed in an argument by me *that* bad?

As expected, a witty yet inept response ;). You've been arguing about honor killing being something about Islam, and to support your point you randomly picked out wikipedia artcles which, actually, go against your argument. Just admit you messed up, don't be so thick, that way people will respect you and your opinions.

As for myself, I've been reading the these forums for a while and never bothered to post, so I finally made an account to do so. Honestly, I could care less if you beat me in an argument cause frankly, they're mostly a matter of opinion and really; you have to just respect the other's simply since no two minds were made alike.

Have a nice day :)

turnip3zk1.png

Lol, right. Exactly how can you read these forums when you didn't have an account in the first place.

Sorry, not biting an AE's bait.

And no, I didn't mess up either. I already read those links several times. So if I wanted to, yes, they will work for me. But I already said, I'm not gonna waste my time with an AE.

Have a nice day O:)

Really, I haven't posted on this forum in a VERY long time, and I felt like starting on a clean slate, thus the making of this account (I do have another account which I used for the sake of reading, but right now I am at a place where I have nothing to do so I decided to start posting).

(I dunno what an AE is, so can you explain it?)

And for the sake of the other people on the thread (or just reading it), it would be good to explain the articles so we know how it contributes to your point.

turnip3zk1.png

And no, I didn't mess up either. I already read those links several times. So if I wanted to, yes, they will work for me.

Go for it then, 'cause I don't get it.

First link suggests premarital sex would be punished with lashes, not stabs, so I doubt they really cared about that bit at all. Second one, well, Turnip quoted some of the more interesting parts.

Make 'em work for you.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

I find it very hard to condem people on the basis of a moral right or wrong. According to the morals by which they lived thier life, the act was moral correct for them. However, society cannot accept this act and cannot accept these people's morality, therefore they must be removed from society by either imprisonment, deportment or death. Those within a society must live by the values of that society or they will be removed from it or punished in an attempt to make them live by those values. I personaly would have agreed with lengthy imprisonemnt, and if a reoffence was made, execution.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

If those religious-killers lived in the US it would be two words, Electric Chair. Anyways i am shocked they would do such an attrocity :shock: !. I hope they burn in hell! We were placed on Earth for a reason ya know. To be free, unfortunatly there are some countries and religions that don't understand that life is too short and you should enjoy it before:

[A]You are buried in a hole/grave

You are murdered

[C]You die

[D]You are incinerated after you die

[E]You wish you had died when you had the chance cause life is just too depressing for you.

[F] This happens ====> O:) (or unfortunately this ====> :evil: or this :twisted:)

Those and many other reasons are why religious slaughtering of the innocent is sick and wrong (no offense to you people who belive in that).

6p8kx0z.jpg