71 to 80 magic power training

look_its_rob

I just got 71 mage a little while ago, and I was wondering, what would be the best monster for me to train on? I trained on green dragons (in my special safe spot where they don't retreat) to get my mage to 71 because I figured I might as well get the hides (60 crafting :thumbsup: ) but obviously the spells didn't hit much. I want a monster with a good amount of hp and hopefully some good drops (mayb even a clue scroll?). I was thinking of just using fire strike (which only gives 11.5 xp not 19.5 like tipit says) because of how cheep it is, but if you guys have better suggestions :) I would like to know. So the questions are:

1.What monster should I train on?

2.Where is the monster?

3.What spell should I use?

4.Is there a safe spot?

Thanks a bunch :D

Look its rob!

I just got 71 mage a little while ago, and I was wondering, what would be the best monster for me to train on? I trained on green dragons (in my special safe spot where they don't retreat) to get my mage to 71 because I figured I might as well get the hides (60 crafting :thumbsup: ) but obviously the spells didn't hit much. I want a monster with a good amount of hp and hopefully some good drops (mayb even a clue scroll?). I was thinking of just using fire strike (which only gives 11.5 xp not 19.5 like tipit says) because of how cheep it is, but if you guys have better suggestions :) I would like to know. So the questions are:

1.What monster should I train on?

2.Where is the monster?

3.What spell should I use?

4.Is there a safe spot?

Thanks a bunch :D

Honestly, I think the fastest way to train magic is by alching. :) But, I would use Ice Burst (if you have it) and use it on slayer tasks.

Rcty

I heard just ising a mud staff and weaken is the fastest way however quite boring as i have found out myself , i stil have to cast curse 103,000 more times for 85 mage. To be honest i receomment you doing what YOU feel is the quickest way for xp with good drops. I would say slayer assignments would be good for it.

Chris1.jpg

Bar

...I was thinking of just using fire strike (which only gives 11.5 xp not 19.5 like tipit says)...

Fire strike gives 11.5 + 2*HitDone mage exp.

The max hit of FS is about 8 with an average of about 4

so your average exp would be 11.5 + 2*4 = 19.5

Curse always gives 29 mage exp which is very cost effective.

Otherwise, use the Tip It magic exp chart to guide you.

You can get fast Exp with Teleports but getting the runes could be expensive.

You can get fast Exp with Hi-alch but now you need lots of things worth Hi-alching.

(To limit your gp losses)

In general, faster Exp is gonna cost you more. Either in time or money.

Hope this helps.