The Discuss-A-New-Album Thread

Oy_the_Great

Err, yeah, the title gives you a clue what this topic is about eh? ::'

Please, don't flame or judge people on the type of music they listen to, if I post a review of my latest Britney album, don't point fingers please. Of course, as it is the aim of this thread, positive discussion is well appreciated.

------------------------------------------------

Here's some of my new albums:

stadium%20arcadium.jpg

Bought the album 2 months ago, right after the release in Belgium. You're a fan or you're not, right? ;) At first I thought this could just as well be a 'best of' album, the sound of it is like a mixture of all the albums the Peppers have made so far. But both the lyrics as well as the music itself are more mature than anything they've done so far. On Californication, you could hear the Peppers were trying to get back on the right trail, trying to get rid of their roamings of the past. What 'By the Way' introduced, the new album continues. The Peppers are reaching the path of a normal life, luckily enough that doesn't diminish the quality of their amazing funky music.

placebo-meds.jpg

Meds isn't the best Placebo album, I immediately thought that after I heard it the first time. I liked a few songs, but it sounded too much as a rip-off combination of their previous singles, in a worse version.

But after listening to it a couple of times, I thought this was another mighty fine album, though not as amazing as 'Black Market Music' or actually any of their previous albums.

A month ago I went to Werchter, a 4 day festival here in belgium. 2 days after I saw the Peppers performing, it was Placebo's turn to prove me wrong on Meds. And they did it outstanding! Placebo is one of the best live bands, that much is sure. The set consisted of the entire Meds album mixed with their best singles. And it all sounded very much like the best of Placebo, even though I was sceptical about Meds. Which made me realise that you need to be in the mood for Placebo should you want to really enjoy it.

Briefly, Meds is a gentle and innocent version of what once was a revelation in music. The shocking lyrics, the the fast, shredding guitars and the punk-attitude all seem to be gone, replaced by mellow ballads and soft-rock. You could say this is Placebo for the emos, but then again, aren't we all a bit emo? ::'

broken.jpg

Ahh, Jack White, Brendan Benson, Patrick Keeler and Jack Lawrence exceed my wildest expectations! I never really liked the White Stripes that much, so I wasn't very anxious to hear what the raconteurs brought. But my god, this is probably the best new band from the past years. Has Faith deliberately waited with Jack White and Brendan Benson to meet? Perhaps, but it was definately worth it; the Raconteurs simply out-rock all other current rock bands.

editors-the_back_room.jpg267220L.jpg

The Editors, the Kooks, the Artic Monkeys, the Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party.. Plenty of good new Britpop to enjoy in this world.

The Back Room and Inside In, Inside Out are, IMO, albums that represent the typical British music of this age, and it's good music! It's nothing extraordinary, but it's a pleasure to listen to.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

What can be considered a new album, Oy?

Hmm, good question... I'll leave that to your own personal interpretation :) I consider a new album either one that is freshly released (less than a year old?) or one you just bought (or downloaded).

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

I bought this one a few days ago, and it's a 2005 album, so it's recent. :)

Wolfmother - Wolfmother

B000EJ9MTW.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54782139_.jpg

This album really sounds like 70s hard rock: raw, with nice riffs and a strong drum beat. But these aussies mix those very hard moments with some quite melodic ones as well, creating some nice transitions.

My favorite songs are Joker and The Thief, Dimension and Mind's Eye, but all the songs on the album are very good.

If you want to listen to new oldschool hard rock, get this album.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Yeah, wolfmother is a lot like Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. 70s forever :)

heinzny2.jpg

Mainstream music nowadays makes me want to die.The new Muse album is the best I've seen for a while,musically speaking the have original fresh sound to mainstream music,"Stadium Arcadium" was an amazing album,although a double album is always enough to satisfy hunger for awhile.The recently released Racounters album I didn't even touch,the same with Wolfmother,mainly because I don't go for radio music(meaning The Raconteurs),plus I will have enough of having to listening to them at Reading Festival.Best albums I have seen before them are "In Your Honour" by the Foo Fighters,"10,000 Days" by Tool and "Master of Puppets Remastered",by various artists including Machinehead,Bullet for my Valentine,Fighstar and Chimaera.I'm also looking forward to Triviums new album "The Crusades", not sure when thats out though.

dragonmvoidk,gordo%20da%20sly.gif

I know exactly what you mean, its just ruining the whole game for everybody, this is the worst update since noobs.

Technical brilliance from prodigies of music.

Ahh you listen to Cannibal Corspe.

*Takes everything you say with a grain, no a pound of salt*

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Technical brilliance from prodigies of music.

Ahh you listen to Cannibal Corspe.

*Takes everything you say with a grain, no a pound of salt*

*sigh* Don't you think there's people who find ska equally or more annoying than death metal? Just give it a rest.

There is no denying that black metallers are almost always extremely proficient musicians. I can't stand the vocals, but you should at least respect other peoples' choices.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

*sigh* Don't you think there's people who find ska equally or more annoying than death metal?

Yeah, I'm sure this are tons of people like that. And I'm sure they enjoy voicing their opinion.

There is no denying that black metallers are almost always extremely proficient musicians.

Yeah, they are very good musicians.

I can't stand the vocals

That's not the only thing I can't stand about them.

but you should at least respect other peoples' choices.

Rofl, why would I respcts someone who listens to a band that sings about the stuff that they do?

Edit: Done with this discussion here, sorry Oy! :P

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

*sigh* Don't you think there's people who find ska equally or more annoying than death metal?

Yeah, I'm sure this are tons of people like that. And I'm sure they enjoy voicing their opinion.

There is a big difference between voicing your opinion, and saying that someone elses opinion doesn't matter because of what they like. That's basically what you did, right?

Basically, despite what people on the internet think, you can voice your opinion without being a jerkass.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I love Cannibal Corpse lyrics, they're like a good horror movie. Their new stuff after Tomb of the Mutilated got much more technical.

Honestly, I don't see how you can hate Cannibal Corpse lyrics and not hate all of these horror movies with a bunch of gruesome things being done, a bunch of torture, and all of that good stuff.

I honestly couldn't imagine cleanly sung vocals with such heavy music. I don't think it'd fit in for me. That's just my opinion though, I listen to a lot of power metal which is mostly clean vocals, it sounds good when you don't have such a heavy sound.

Cannibal Corpse - Kill

KILL.jpg

The usual brutal lyrics, heavy sound, with more technical workmanship than ever before. One of my new favorite albums. They've added just a synch of melody to this album.

B000EHRYI0.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V62198606_.jpg

Maria Mena - Apparently Unaffected

Very nice voice, good and honest songs, a lot of variety on her album. Very refreshing in general. Those who think pop music isn't good should deffeniatly listen to his Norwegian girl! If you're in the U.S. and you accidently see this album (I say this especially for U.S. as the album is quite common here in Europe, but less common in the U.S.): don't doubt; buy it! It really won't let you down! :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

B000G8NXBY.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64907374_.jpg

Corey Taylor of slipknot's other band.... proves that he ACTUALLY can sing,

yes, this cd has a minimal amount of screaming and alaot of actual singing ::'

.....and its pretty good

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

cant wait till iron maidens next album, there single is pretty sad

i dunno about the upcomming album from metallica, although i saw a nex song live stil.. im affraid its getting to much st anger like

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

B000AA4ML8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

From perhaps the most well known Brazillian artist next to Pel̮̩̉̉ and Ronaldinho: Sergio Mendes. It got released a couple of months ago, most of you probalby know the single of it with the Black Eyed Peas: Mas Que Nada which was feautured on the Nike commercial. The album is a project started by the Black Eyd Peas and Sergio Mendes, it feautures the music by Sergio mixed by Will.I.Am of the BEP. The album features a lot of different guest artists like Justin Timberlake, India Arie, John Legend, Erika Baduh etc. Which gives a fresh combination of something older with something new. The album is mostly soul and hip hop orientated. A must this summer, which is almost over here in Holland. :P

hiatus0601.jpg

The first album from Gnarls Barkley. A duo of DJ Dangermouse (Grey Album) and rap/soul artist Cee-Lo (Don't know anything of him). Their single CRAZY was an instant hit. With their new single came a totally new thing, a kind of akward combination which I just label as "Pshycadelicgospeldancesoul". Their music is mostly quite happy and busy (with some exceptios of course) but their lyrics black as death, which is just the way I like it. Their album might be short (about 40 minutes, if I'm correct) but every track is of very high quality. My favorite songs: Go-Go Gadget Gospel, Crazy, Just a Thought, Transformer and Necromancer. They're also suposed to be amazing live, but I haven't judged that myself. But this album is worth every penny.

Hope you guys will check them out! Tomorrow going to listen to Nneka's first album "Victim of Truth" never heard of her, only know it's labelled as R 'n B. And also Dr. Lekroluv - Live @ Extrema Outdoor 2006 (techno/dance). Hope to have something up tomorrow night. :)

21o4pav.jpg

He isn't? In my dreams I always see hot Brazilian girls in bikini playing beachvolleyball on Sergio Mendes songs and I'm watching drinking my cocktail.

21o4pav.jpg

*is currently listening to Radio Bemba soundsystem*

Isn't Manu Chao from Brazil as well? Or is he European with a latino background?

heinzny2.jpg

He isn't? In my dreams I always see hot Brazilian girls in bikini playing beachvolleyball on Sergio Mendes songs and I'm watching drinking my cocktail.

Haha, you gringos are funny. :P

Oy: He's brazilian.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me