I want a laptop to play RS on the move

nightshade53

Well, I have a long bus ride to and from my School (1 hour each way :P). I don't know anyone else on the bus, and I often get very bored.

I can get money to buy a laptop, and I want one that can get the internet anywhere (They do exist, right?).

Could someone tell me what to look for?

I am interested in tablet PCs as they would be useful for my school work, so try to incorperate this in your reply :-k

Thanks!

So you want a laptop for only a 2 hour bus trip? Sounds like a waste of money to me.

If you want something to do on the bus, get an Ipod. It's a lot cheaper than a descent laptop.

Anywase if you still want a laptop, whats your buget?

goldenblade995.png

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã500ish.. Maybe more :roll:

I've seen loads of great laptops on eBay, I just want to know what to look for that will give me internet access :P

I want a tablet for school anyway, it's not just for the bus trip :P

I was looking at this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toshiba-Portege-M ... dZViewItem

tablets are well over 1000 USD for anything decent...and they are a dead technology (no offense)

any computer with decent system memory and proc speed can play RS tho (even integrated video).

however...you have wireless internet on a bus trip? :?

maybe it was a bench with IA. its pretty good...i actually woudlnt mind that for myself. it is a very nice compter, but fairly cheap. hmmm...maybe it has viruses,trojans,spyware etc. idk thats hwy i dont buy electronic stuff off the internet.

but its up to you. it says it has wifi and a LAN card. ::'

moose67.png

Current "anywhere" wireless is bought and run through the current cell phone networks here in the states (Sprint, Verizon, ect). It may be different elsewhere. It can cost about $50 a month on the low end for broadband access.

Not worth it for rs 2 hours a day.

3G Broadband?! holy crap, that rocks lol

our new 3G broadband service delivers speeds of up to 1.4Mbps when youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re out of the office

My land line runs at 4 times that speed. Again, not worth it for 2 hours a day.

You may be able to pick up a wifi signal when the bus isn't moving.. but once it starts moving, you'll lose the signal and you'll be internet-less.

I'd have to suggest an mp3 player (not an iPod.. do your research). That or, get your reading done on the way to school. It's a good way to pass the time.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

I have a Packard Bell Easynote e2316 (Just so you know, its not my only one) I use it at school because it's the cheapest i own. I got it really cheap so i don't really care if it gets robbed...

Anyway, i use my bluetooth card along with my nokia 6600 when im away. (I get loads of free extras on my contract.) And i asked the school admin (really nicely) if he could get my laptop to connect to the school wifi. I use that for all school work, i can even log on you my school account from my laptop. Which is really really good when it's needed.

My advice to you is not to worry. I wouldent buy a laptop just for the bus journey, it's a waste and if it gets pinched, you pooped *exuse my italian*

As mentioned above getting a decent MP3 player is your best bet.

~Parker

Merry Crimbo!

signatureof0.gif

Click on my signature to see my NEW blog!

Clicky here to see my YouTube videos! http://www.youtube.com/volkswagen99videos