Windows Xp product key

bjbj1991

A few weeks ago my laptop harddrive crashed and we where forced to buy a new one. Unfortantly the Windows Xp cd we have at home for the laptop did not have the product key(the Ebay suplyer gave us a paper case) so I dont have a key and cant complete the instialation of xp so im stuck.

At a window like this.

46595_400x348_008_F.gif

Is there a way to skip this or can I use my other Xp computer to find it using explore or anouther program?

This is a legal copy of windows xp that we have payed for, so it is not ilegal, or atleast not stealing.

Theres no way to skip it .

what kind of laptop is it? I know dell puts the Microsoft sticker with the product key on the bottom of the laptop itself , and Im pretty sure a few other companies do the same or similar.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

if you have a old copy of windows 98 then you can buy a upgrade copy of XP Home and upgrade with that

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Personaly, I dont want to buy anouther $100+ piece of software that will be obsolete in 6 months and I already legaly own. So there is absolutly no way to extract the code from the disk or just skip that one step?

If it's a genuine CD, then you could try appealing to the mercy of Microsoft.

If it's a non-genuine CD, then you might get a reward for reporting the trader.

The key does not exist on the CD - not on a standard retail / OEM at least. And if the HD crash is unrecoverable, it can't be retrieved from there.

I already legaly own.

I'm 99% certain that the guy installed a pirated copy of XP on the laptop intentionally, so you don't legally own a copy of XP.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

i think that that was not a legal version of XP...

however..if it is...all you gotta do is call microsoft up and tell them you formated your HDD and need a new key...

theyll ask for your old key and wat your cd looks like and stuff...and its a pain in the [wagon] too seeing as sometimes the key they give does not work

i had a bad OEM version come with my pc (the cd was bad) and the install would fail half way through the formating process. so i used my own cd for half the install and then switched to my dads cd for the rest and my original key worked b/c the of the cd i started the installation with.

i had a bad OEM version come with my pc (the cd was bad) and the install would fail half way through the formating process. so i used my own cd for half the install and then switched to my dads cd for the rest and my original key worked b/c the of the cd i started the installation with.

It doesn't matter what cd you use. The OS version (XP Home, XP Pro, ect) on the cd just has to match the version your key is linked to. So, if you own an XP Home cd key, you can use any XP home cd to do your install. You just have to use your key when it asks for it.

As for the missing key, call Microsoft, explain the situation and see what they'll do for you before you go writing it off or buying a new copy. They might just give you a new key for free.

It doesn't matter what cd you use. The OS version (XP Home, XP Pro, ect) on the cd just has to match the version your key is linked to. So, if you own an XP Home cd key, you can use any XP home cd to do your install. You just have to use your key when it asks for it.

yeah...that is what i thought as well...

however...when i did the install strictly with my dad's CD the key i used did not work :-s